Superlemon Haze - Drip Irrigation - HID - 2011

s13ontap

Superlemon Haze by GreenhouseSeeds

-I bought 5 feminized seeds from GHS, Accidently, killed 2 on germination (I know, shut up) and popped another 2. One dried out too much and died, but the 4th is growing strong, and has just been topped into it's first clone.
(3rd time around, things are running very smooth)

Plant(s) are currently in Veg (mother) stage

-I still haven't got my second flower room set up yet. but It will be set up by week 4 of flowering in my other room, so I can have 9 plants harvested a month

My mother has been in veg for 3 weeks, (18/6) photo-period, and is finally big enough that i was able to top my first clone from her today. (keep it up baby)

-Right now, only one plant and a clone, but setup for 18 plants In veg side, under 18/6 photo-period, under 2 250w MH lamps, (9 under 1, 9 under the other) with bat-wing reflectors, 3wX6lX8h room dimensions. Small squirrel cage fan feeding cool air in, and another fan moving air out of veg room into flower room.

-9 will be transferred at 3-4 weeks into each flower room. 4 weeks apart. 12/12 Photo-period, under 2 600w HPS with air-cooled reflectors. 6wX6lX8h room dimensions. 2 Small Squirrel cage fans supplying air, (1 taking in air from outside room, and 1 taking in air from veg room) air is fed out of room via 6" inline fan blowing through lights and out into attic where it is filtered through a charcoal filter.

The outside air room feeding both rooms contains ballasts and reservoir(s) as well as an air-conditioner to control the temp of the air entering both rooms, and the temp of my reservoir (although it is off this time around as it is not needed) Temp inside stays between 75-82 degrees with lights on, 68-71 degrees lights off. and humidity is between 25%-32% this time of year.

Indoor Hydro, Obviously

-8 inch PVC pipes with 3" net pots holding clay pellets, plants were cloned in small rockwool cubes, that are now set in the mesh pots with a 4" drip steak and clay pellets. sitting in the PVC pipes 18" apart at center. fed nutes from a drip line on a constant drip from resivoir (veg room is 9" centers during veg of all 18 plants)

Size of light?

-Flower side is flowering under 2 600w HPS Aircooled Lights
-Veg side is growing under a 2 250w MH with bat-wing reflectors

Is it aircooled?

-Yes flower room is. not veg room though. second flower room will be as well when it's up

Temp of Room/cab?

-75-78 degrees with lights on, 68-71 degrees lights off in flower room
-80-90 degrees in veg room with lights on, 69-75 degrees lights off

RH of Room/cab?

-humidity is between 25%-32%

PH of media or res?

-Usually sits at about 6.0

Any Pests ?

- Not this time! Damn Spider mites.

How often are you watering?

-Always. steady drip irrigation (continous-drip)

Type and strength of ferts used?

- Ok, For Veg:

Week 1 - PH 6.2
5ml/L Propagator

Week 2 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #1 (1-2-5)
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
1gram/8L CarboBlast (1% magnesium)

Foliar Spray - 1ml/L Suck It Up (0-0-0.1)
10ml/L Veg Bloom Plus (1-0-0)

Week 3 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #1 (1-2-5)
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

And For Flower:

Week 1 - PH 6.0
5ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

2ml/L Bud Bloom Plus (1-1-2)

Week 2 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
1gram/4L CarboBlast (1% magnesium)

Week 3 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
5grams/10L Tons O Bud (0-49-32)

Week 4 - PH 6.0
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
5grams/10L Tons O Bud (0-49-32)

Week 5 - PH 6.0
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
4ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)
6grams/20L Bud Boom (0-40-23)

Week 6 - PH 6.0
6ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
4ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

Week 7 - PH 6.0
7ml/L Store Brand Nutes #3 (0-4-4)
3ml/L Store Brand Nutes #2 (2-0-0)
1ml/L Plantroids (2-1-1)
1ml/L Super B+ (0-2-1)

Week 8 (first 3 days) - PH 6.0 (flushing stage)
5ml/L Double Flush

Until Ready - PH 6.0
Straight Water

Resivoir Size

- 60 Litres

Medium

-Rockwool Cubes and clay pellets

Lights

- (2) 600w HID Aircooled

Nutrients

- Propagator, Plantroids, Super B+, CarboBlast, Tons O Bud, Bud Bloom, Suck It Up, Bud Bloom Plus, Veg Bloom Plus, Double Flush, Generic Store Brand Nutes

Strain
- SuperLemon Haze, By GreenHouse Seeds Co.

# of Plants

-18 (+18 veg) (+Clones & 1 mother)

Yield

-Unknown

Pics to come.

Flower Room 1 Laid Out
Still need to build walls and hang lights, but I'm in no hurry right away, I have to get mom and the babies rolling first
Flower_room_Planned.jpg

Reservoir and Thermometer/Humidifier
60L Reservoir, Bubble Stone, Needs a chiller in a hard way
Resivoir_and_thermo.jpg

Outside View of VEG Room
Outside_View_Of_Veg_Room.jpg

View Of Total Work Area
Room_view.jpg

Intake Fan and Ghetto Filter
Ventilation_5_.jpg

Exhaust Fan
Still needs to be made reflective, I'm thinking Mylar and Aluminum Tape.
Ventilation_6_.jpg

Exhaust Pipe And Ballast Area
This is where I'll stack my other 4 ballasts, once I set up my flower rooms.
Exhaust from VEG room us currently vented into my master vent, once the flower rooms are set up, it will vent into the right flower room, and then out to the master.
CAN Filter is placed on the END of the master 8" vent. I don't have room or money for 2 Individual Charcoal Filters in each flower room, so it filters smell before dispersing into an attic with an osculating fan to circulate warm air evenly.
Ventilation_and_Ballast_Shelves.jpg

Inside of VEG Room
One Lonely Mother, at week 3ish
2 250W Metal Halide bulbs (Hortilux, I believe) and Bat wing reflectors
18 3" Net pots with 4" steaks delivering a constant drip over Hydroton Clay Pellets
3 8" PVC Pipes 5ft each
Mother_Week_3_10_.jpg

Super Lemon Haze By GreenHouse Seeds Co.
A young mother. My lone survivor, Her sister is still a seed, and will not be needed for awhile with any luck.
She's 3 weeks old from seedling and she's been feeding her whole life, post seedling. See Nute Feeding Regiment for weeks 1-3
She is now on Week 3's feeding schedule until she produces enough clones to start the process. Then she will be transplanted to soil for the rest of her life
Mother_Week_3.jpg

Mother_Week_3_1_.jpg

Mother_Week_3_2_.jpg

Freshly Topped Mother
Topped her today.
In the hours since the topping, 4 young tips have turned happily toward the lights. I'm glad she seems happy.
Topped_Mother.jpg

Topped_Mother_1_.jpg

Topped_Mother_2_.jpg

The Lone Clone
Just topped mom for the first time to encourage growth and speed up my VEG room filling.
The baby seems blah.... she was sagging a bit. Perhaps I"m rusty. Or I should have made fresh PH neutral water, rather than using old water on the cube....
I cut back the leaf mass to help divert energy to root growth. It seems happier now (24/0 Photo-period)
First_Clone.jpg

First_Clone_1_.jpg

I'll keep you guys updated as long as I remember I have a camera. lol

-Orphen

Wow! to you too!

Nice setup and lots of planning went into this. I don't really know much about hydro, but you sure do! We be looking in every once in a while. Don't want to miss this one. Looks like you have some experience with this!

SLH....once going is a great strain. My luck was about like yours when germing.
You probably know there's several genotypes. Hope yours is the good one. A few of us did a comparison Journal of her....it's in my sig. Keep doing what your doing. Good to meet you.OMM

Thanks man, I'm trying to remember to document this one entirely.
How was the blackberry? It looked so bushy and sexy.

The blackberry wil be okay, I think I found a mother and its my strongest one too :yummy:
Journals start slow at first but once you get going and people start stopping in you just get more and more sucked into posting all the time. Plus I've needed help a few times already and this website has more than covered my ass.

How is your clone doing? I'm gonna need to take 2 clones off each of my plants soon. I've never done it before but I got root tech cloning gel and some rock wool. Don't feel bad about your seeds I just killed a feminized blueberry just after it germinated. I kicked myself in the butt for an hour haha
:peace:Man

How is your clone doing? I'm gonna need to take 2 clones off each of my plants soon. I've never done it before but I got root tech cloning gel and some rock wool. Don't feel bad about your seeds I just killed a feminized blueberry just after it germinated. I kicked myself in the butt for an hour haha
:peace:Man

Thanks for the response man, Clone is doing fine. they are so easy, don't let it stress you out. just remember to cut on a diagonal, and dip it in the gel right away. I like small clones, but everyone has their preference. i know some guys that cut 6-8 inch clones.
Smaller ones work for me the best I've found. My old rule of thumb was to cut 4 clones for every one i wanted. so if some died or didn't take I'd be good. lol but cloning is so easy, I was ending up with 4 times more clones than i needed. lol

Haha, I killed 2 seedlings planting them too soon in rockwool. lol the second 2, I let sprout leaves before I put them in rockwool. Lol but then I let one dry out too much before they were put under drip. so I am left with one. but she's 2 now. another week, and she'll be 6, I'm so bored. this is too easy. I need to get this perpetual thing going. It'd be nice to crop 2p every month

So I had a chance to borrow a computer and update. so lots of pics.

The grow is going slowly, but it's always slow to start. I've got one clone under drip now, and the others are days away from going in. Poor mother is gonna have to enjoy drinking propagator or a week now, so she probably won't be happy until I switch back to Veg Nutes. Oh well. A little forced stress never hurt a plant, right?

Now, Pics.
:roorrip:
Enjoy.

Here's the clones at a week or so.
Clones_10-01.jpg

and the clones at 10 days
Clones_14-01.jpg

Some pics of Mother at approximately 5 weeks
Mother_10-01.jpg

Mother_10-01_2_.jpg
Mother_10-01_3_.jpg
Mother_10-01_4_.jpg

Mother at approximately 5 and a half weeks
Mother_14-01.jpg
Mother_14-01_2_.jpg

Here's the clones at about 2 weeks, most are popping through the rockwool now I'll post pics of them before I plant them.
Clones_21-01.jpg
Clones_21-01_2_.jpg

Some pics of Mother at approx. 6 weeks
Mother_17-01.jpg
Mother_17-01_2_.jpg
Mother_17-01_3_.jpg
Mother_17-01_4_.jpg

And Finally, Mother at approximately 6 and a half weeks, With One clone planted
Mother_21-01.jpg
Mother_21-01_2_.jpg
Mother_21-01_3_.jpg
Mother_21-01_4_.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy the pics. I'll Update when I get all the clones under drip and start pruning and shaping

Thanks guys. I'm gonna try to take a better pic of the mother, perhaps from farther back.

The room won't really fill out, this is just the veg side, and when i built the tubes I built the pots too close together, the roots mesh together, and i have to stress the plants to seperate them to flower rooms.

But this time i'm gonna be offsetting the plants, 1 of 3 in the forst row, 2 of 3 in the second row, 1 of 3 in the 3rd, 2 of 3 in 4th etc....

it will give them more room to bush out without affecting eachothers light.

I think i have my timing figured out now. if i take 9 new clones when all the current clones reach week 2 of veg. I should be able to plant them at the same time i transfer the vegging plants to flower room 1.
and if i continue that, the mother will get 2 weeks between cuttings to recover, and the flower rooms should end up about 4-5 weeks apart. allowing for a 2p a month harvest.

... I hope.

Ok here's Some pics of the clones starting to root. 2 left to pop, so as soon as they expose roots they're all going in the VEG chamber with propigator and ph balanced water ONLY, for a week

Usualy I let my clones root more before i plant, but i'm behind. I hope i don't drown any.

Clones_Rooted_2_.jpg
Clones_Rooted.jpg

And some more flattering pics of Mom, as per request.

More_flattering_mom_pics.jpg

More_flattering_mom_pics_2_.jpg

More_flattering_mom_pics_3_.jpg

More_flattering_mom_pics_4_.jpg

More_flattering_mom_pics_5_.jpg

More_flattering_mom_pics_6_.jpg

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom