Superlemon Haze - Drip Irrigation - HID - 2011

:bravo: Nice clone job, mine just yellowed a lot I think they're dying. Those pics don't do your mom justice your description sounds like a different plant. Anyways, keep it up and can't wait to see those buds of superlemon haze :nicethread:

you probably already did but did you balance the PH in the water you dipped your rockwool in?

Iven then i used to have problems with clones dying, so I started taking really small clones. just the growth tip and one node of leaves. then make sure you can trim off one node of leaves below the ones you keep and dip it it rooting gel, or powder. if the clone is still drooping i trim the 2 fan leaves and make them smaller still.

also, just hang in there, if they're not dried up and dead, they're still fighting.

did you mist them whn you first cloned them? are they in a sealed, humid container, like a propogator?

Looking good. Do you plan o putting your mother plant in a different medium like soil or dwc bucket?

yeah, but right now i've gotta build my flower rooms, and see what kinda room i have left. I think i'm gonna try gettting an Air pot, like old man. he seems to have it under control. and I'd like to try it.
I know my mother won't survive forever in hydro, or it will at least be hard. but for now I'll just have to see. I've gotta take about 10-15 cuttings every 2 weeks from her, so she might be able to survive just being kept small. and maybe the odd dose of "double Flush" to keep her roots clean

Some Quick Pic Updates. The first clone I planted a few days ago is big enought to be topped. So here's some pics

Before Topping Her
Before_Topping_2_.jpg

Before_Topping.jpg

After Topping Her
After_Topping_4_.jpg

After_Topping_3_.jpg

After_Topping_2_.jpg

After_Topping.jpg

:420:

Yeah, i've yet to have a SLH clone die. And mother is getting pruned constantly now, to keep her below the lights. What a Vigourous strain.
Even whn toping new plants with just 2 nodes, they recover in a day or 2, and come right back. I wouldn't be supprised if i could trip 60% of the plant off and still have it come back

No I've always topped and pruned plants in the veg state. since my first grow. Dramatically increases my yield, Instead of one large bud on the center stalk, you can have 10 large buds. lol Yay!, I don't know if it's the most effective way to increase yields, but it works for me. (My flower rooms are built for branchy plants too)
I don't prune in flower, or just before flower though, only in veg, and not for the last week of veg, i want the plants to be completely recovered before starting to flower.

My mother has almost 14 growth nodes that I'm hoping will stay even as it grows. I've decided to flower the mother and plant a new mother off the clones, in an Air pot.

Honestly i haven't tried to flower a plant with this many nodes before, it might not work. I'm no professional. That's why I want to flower the mom, cause i want to see how extreme i can go before the plant runs out of energy to produce big buds. (lol it might not run out of energy, but it seems like it should, at some point, otherwise every plant would flower with 100 shutes. lol

Anyone know what might happen?

No I've always topped and pruned plants in the veg state. since my first grow. Dramatically increases my yield, Instead of one large bud on the center stalk, you can have 10 large buds. lol Yay!, I don't know if it's the most effective way to increase yields, but it works for me. (My flower rooms are built for branchy plants too)
I don't prune in flower, or just before flower though, only in veg, and not for the last week of veg, i want the plants to be completely recovered before starting to flower.

My mother has almost 14 growth nodes that I'm hoping will stay even as it grows. I've decided to flower the mother and plant a new mother off the clones, in an Air pot.

Honestly i haven't tried to flower a plant with this many nodes before, it might not work. I'm no professional. That's why I want to flower the mom, cause i want to see how extreme i can go before the plant runs out of energy to produce big buds. (lol it might not run out of energy, but it seems like it should, at some point, otherwise every plant would flower with 100 shutes. lol

Anyone know what might happen?

Pretty sure that mother will have 14 colas. Most I've had is 6 on one plant.
Miss J grew one that was 6' x 6' and it was big and had so many bud sites it was crazy. :cool:

That'd be sick man. I hope so. I'll put it in the middle of the 9 pots. and it can branch trough all the other ones. hehehe.

Pic update. all the clones survived (of course) and they are all planted in Hydroton now. (even the one slacker that hadn't popped any roots through, I took my chances and planted it, and the roots popped right up. thank Jebus)

I'm starting work on setting my first flower room back up in it's new house.
and I also made up a bad-ass timer board, wired to 240v. So i can plug into an old dryer jack, and power 6 timed 240v outlets, and 2 un-timed 120v outlets on the 240v breaker.
(I melted through some generic timers last year and i don't want to burn my house down)

I'll post pics of the flower room and electrical as i get it set up

Now for the goodies

Some close ups of the Babies

Baby_Close_ups_1_.jpg

Baby_Close_ups_2_.jpg

Baby_Close_ups_3_.jpg

A few pics of the VEG room, Panned out.

Clones_Planted_4_.jpg

Clones_Planted_1_.jpg

Clones_Planted_3_.jpg

Clones_Planted_2_.jpg

2 Pics of the Babies and Mom

Mother_and_kids_2_.jpg

Mother_and_kids_1_.jpg

And a nice pic of mom, at approx 7.5 weeks, she's just been pruned to keep her low until the others catch up.

Mother_2_.jpg

Gotta get the flower room setup now. Thanks for the input guys.

-Orphen

my damn camera blew up, i don't know what happened to it. probably EMP pulse.
I gotta get a new camera before i can get more pics up.

It sucks so much, cause I'm making steady progress on my flower rooms.
hey maybe you guys could let me know what you think about my new ventilation plan

My veg room us not aircooled, so it is really the only room that builds heat, but the plan is to intake into the VEG room from a temp controlled section of room, then vent the Veg room exhaust into the first flower room. where it mixes with air from another outside air intake fan. Flower room 1 then exhausts into flower room 2, and is met with another intake air fan from the outside room (same as in room 1)

are you still with me? I will put a Can filter (charcoal scrubber) in the second flower room, where air will be collected, and forced through the 4 aircooled lights in the 2 respective flower rooms, then up into the attic from the basement through a chimney vent.

as far as filtration, all i can use right now is a can 50, because my inline fan is only a 6", i don't know if i can step up my CAN filter to the next size without going to an 8" inline fan. but the next size up would be ideal. whatever it is, 120, or 125 or something. it's like a 3 feet tall, as opposed to the CAN 50's foot and a half.

what do you guys think?

on another gay note, my ceiling height in the flower rooms is rather restricted in one half of the flower rooms, i have to cut the legs down on my tables, and find some lower profile reservoirs to get a bit more clearance. it think I've got 5 feet tops before the plants would be above the lights. so I've gotta do something

looks great.
your airflow plan sounds feasible, but make sure you have a big enough fan at the end of that whole system to pull enough cfm

also think about a backup fan just in-case your main one craps out,
leaving you with heat issues in your veg room and smell issues all over

looking great bro, I love watching SLH grows, as I'm starting one here myself. I only have 2 seeds so I have to get my germination game going solid.

Can't wait to see them bud up

looking great bro, I love watching SLH grows, as I'm starting one here myself. I only have 2 seeds so I have to get my germination game going solid.

Can't wait to see them bud up

Oh my god, it's been like slow torture getting one mother to grow from seedling. I'm almost 2 months in now, and I'm only in the middle of week 1 for my vegging plants..... at least it will stay steady now. I figure i'll take clones when they reach week 2, so when they are week 4 and transferring to flower chambers, the clones will be at week2 and rooted, ready to plant. hopefully putting me at 5 weeks into flower when the next batch of Vegging plants reaches week 4.
this should let me harvest every month to 5 weeks.

Anyway, Update. I'm done my first flower room, the second one is coming along. I just need to buy a CAN, run 8" ducting, install a few more fans, build one more table, and buy more 8" PVC

Back
Top Bottom