Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

Calyx,

I didn't even answer your other questions, am a little :tokin: from my Test Sample. Sorry!

Yeah, it's a good spot, isn't it! Looked for that spot since January. Went out once a week at different times in the day, just to keep checking it out. Followed the sun at different times of the day. Lots of brush, jaggers, dead tree limbs, leaves, overhead cover, but full access to the sun from dawn to dusk!

It has great topsoil, but after 6'' inches it is all clay! I would love to put her in the ground, but we do get early frosts & I think it's better that I finish her up inside. If it turns into an Indian Summer, well I just might let her go "All the Way" if it looks good enough!

Yeah, seed is soaking now, 72 hours we'll be back in action!

:Namaste:

If you want to break up that clay, grow some Daikon Radish. Those things will grow through pretty much anything. And they are delicious :)

If you want to break up that clay, grow some Daikon Radish. Those things will grow through pretty much anything. And they are delicious :)

Hey SweetLeef,

Yeah, I have a Ginseng patch not to far a way from the "Veg Spot". I know I can get her to grow in the soil there, it's just the dang weather, if I was 100% sure that we would get an Indian Summer like last year, I'd do it for sure. I still think I'm going to keep her portable, so I can bring her in to finish up if needed, or just let her go completely outdoors. I'd sure hate to harvest early if I commit to the ground, so for this year at least, I'll keep her in a fabric smart pot.

Also, I ate Daikon Radish out of my garden in Germany! That stuff is awesome!

I wish I had a place I could grow outside. I would drop a seed like now, and veg it indoors until the beginning of next season, then I would transplant it into the ground and let it get a full summer of sun. It would be hugantic:)

Pulled this Info from the Old Farmer's Almanac:

April and May will be warmer and drier than normal. (Already true)

Summer will be hotter and rainier than normal, with the hottest periods in mid- to late June and early to mid-July. Watch for a tropical rain threat in mid-July. (Interesting) (High Humidity in Veg) :yahoo:

September and October will be slightly cooler and drier than normal. (Indian Summer)????? (Low Humidity in Flower) :yahoo:

:hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Still waiting for the bean to sprout, should be within the next 24 hours. I have a new name for her,

"Revenge of The Beast of the East, The 2nd Awakening". Gonna get scary!

Noooooo don't do it the sequal is rarley better than the original ;-)

Wouldn't necessarily consider it a sequel, just a change of the actress. The film was basically still in pre-production & after the first star was murdered, by the way the Perpetrator is still in "Lock Down", another actress who previously auditioned was re-called. She demanded that the original title be changed or modified. She didn't want 2nd billing in the starring role. Oh well, you know how women are, so the name she selected is "Revenge of The Beast of the East, The 2nd Awakening.

Now, if I can only get that b*tch out of the damn dressing room, so I can finally get this movie rolling!

:high-five:

Hey Sabo :peacetwo:

Here under a white flag - no chicanery this visit - just wanted to check in and say Hi and see what you're up to. It was a little weird making my first visit just after the first beast met her demise. This is better.

And now that I see what you're up to, it's very much like what I have in mind, and I'll be paying close attention!

:thumb:

:popcorn:

We got a Winner:

Interesting shot, the membrane is still around her head, and she is shedding the shell. She just popped out this morning.

The_Awakening.jpg

:high-five:

Hey Sabo :peacetwo:

Here under a white flag - no chicanery this visit - just wanted to check in and say Hi and see what you're up to. It was a little weird making my first visit just after the first beast met her demise. This is better.

And now that I see what you're up to, it's very much like what I have in mind, and I'll be paying close attention!

:popcorn:

:hmmmm: Well Lookie here.

"Ole Sabo" is pondering what Closetgro is up to :hmmmm:. "Ole Sabo" lives right smack on top of the Mason Dixon Line & had kin folk fight on both sides of the Civil War, he's seen the white flag trickery before :hmmmm:. Might have to ask Military Intelligence & my Scouts to keep a close eye out on ya for a spell, but if "Ole Sabo" catches you passing Intel onto Trichs about where my stash is, off to the Tar & Feather Barrel you go.

:welcome: Slowgro!

Guards! Keep an Eye on Slogro just in case. :rofl:

This is an awesome share Josh! Thank you!

Does anyone else have any recommendations in regards to amendments/additives? I switched from FFOF to Pro-Mix for this grow. I am still researching organic nutes, but have read tons of info that if the soiless mixture is prepped properly, nutes are not necessarily required, as least not as much.

Now, since I already have the seedling sprouted, I don't think I'll have that much time to cook a mixture, so if anyone could suggest how I can make a nice, quick nutritious mixture it would be greatly appreciated.

I think I would like to have this topic discussed in some detail in the next couple of days, so if anyone has some great ideas or time, please chime in!

:thanks:

Still catching up and enjoying all the refinements to your plan. On this question, I'll just mention that my current lady, Miss Kitty, is in Ideal420Soil, and using their Rhizostym for transplant and occasionally with watering. Otherwise worm tea and water. Based on one grow with nothing to compare to, I'm very impressed. It's way expensive compared to building your own soil, but for a noob it seems to be a way to get a very healthy grow under my belt without knowing much. I love the idea of getting the soil so good that nutes are at most optional. Apparently many nutes are counterproductive or even toxic to this sort of soil.

Now I will find out if it's okay to mention non-sponsor's products.

I know I'm going to be learning tons about this style of grow, which I'm particularly interested in. I'll try to keep my smattering of ignorance in check, so as not to distract the folks who actually know what they're talking about.
I'll be glad to collect wood and feed the fire while we :passitleft: and absorb it all.

:circle-of-love:

Re: no better fish to make your own fertilizer

You have almost exactly the problems I am going to have with outside grow. I have a corral with 9' high fencing, I will make use of that.
My biggest problem is the deer. I have some fox urine here from hunting days, hadn't thought of using that....might as well give it a go. LOL
I'll be watching the progress here. :)

I've heard you can fence out deer with two rings of monofilament fishing line, one at 18 inches and one at 48, if memory serves. Apparently it confuses and spooks them. I'd love to hear if it really works.

Re: no better fish to make your own fertilizer

I've heard you can fence out deer with two rings of monofilament fishing line, one at 18 inches and one at 48, if memory serves. Apparently it confuses and spooks them. I'd love to hear if it really works.

Monofilament fishing line reflects, especially when morning dew falls. Don't need any reflections. If the deer can see it, so can humans. Also, if someone does stumble upon her, I don't want anyone to trip or be close lined by something that can cut.

Synthetic bear urine works the best for Whitetail in my neck of the woods, because it's a natural predators scent.

:peace:

I learned on this forum that seeds should be planted deeper than I had been planting them. When you plant 'em 1/2 inch or deeper, they shed their own shell and membrane by rubbing against the soil as they come up. All my issues came from seeds that I shallowly planted. I haven't seen a hint of it since.

You can get some really good ideas for soil mixes from Hash Hound's and Icemud's journals. I know Ice is pretty good about helping others - might want to msg him.

Back
Top Bottom