Same questions asked a bit too much

beensmokin420

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I really appreciate seeing everyone jumping into the grow game but it seems like the same grow questions get asked everyday by the new members.

I think that we need to come up with a better more informative grow F.A.Q. so that these questions don't get asked so much and flood the boards w/ the same thing. Like how about putting a few of the most asked Q's together and putting all the answers in one spot so we can simply refer a new user to the FAQ instead of having to type it all out again, LOL. I love helping, don't get me wrong, but it can get a little hard on the fingers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Any comments? Suggestions?

Re: Same questions asked a bit too much.

Even with grow fact sheets, the same questions still arise. I don't mind the repeats, people just want interaction with people about growing.
Those yeild questions questions are annoying though so I ignor them since it just opens up a guessing game.

Well put Moose.

Please guys don't get me wrong here, I don't wanna look like the lazy guy that doesn't wanna help anyone, I love helping, its why I'm on this site day and night! I'm just trying to save everyone a little bit of time and webspace, that's all.

I don't know about growing, but on the VBA sites I visit, I've noticed that "questioners" use the search feature more often if

1) the Mods are blunt (perhaps a touch rude) when they post a cross link. Posts like "Here are the first three results from our search feature, they all answer your question" let people know that they are expected to use the search feature FIRST.

2) non-Mod "answerers" posting links rather than answers lets the newbie know that the community supports searching.

On the other hand, common questions are one way for those with mid-level knowlege to show off that knowlege (and to have their misunderstandings corrected when a wrong answer is posted). Most "answerers" enjoy sharing their knowledge. Common questions let lots of people have this kind of fun.

Those who are bored with answering the same questions can leave them to be answered by those who aren't (yet) tired of another CFL question.

Is the goal a lively forum where all questions are quickly addressed or an efficiant data base? While not exclusive, those priorities do sometimes conflict.

Thats my experience from a different kind of knowlege forum. I hope it helps.

(CFL?? Compact flourescents for growing? I gotta search about that.)

1) the Mods are blunt (perhaps a touch rude) when they post a cross link. Posts like "Here are the first three results from our search feature, they all answer your question" let people know that they are expected to use the search feature FIRST.

This is not our way.

I like the interaction with members. It makes us become closer. Its more friendly and fun. Its not fun when you ask a question and people ignore you or give you grief and attitude.
The grow data is in the archives and they come up regulary and growers are crittics when it comes to misinfo.

Most forums are pretty much the same but we try to have a more friendly atmosphere.

CFL?? Compact flourescents for growing?
Yup,yup. Very possible. I see it done all the time.

Yep, I like that syle of board more. A lively community is a sloppy place, but its more fun for learning and teaching than a well structured data base.

Back
Top Bottom