Scrog Gone Bad

I have done side by sides myself, but no interest in doing another one. Have 11 different strains going now and no desire to do two of the same kind.
I've been growing for 16 years and used to defoliate all the time but did my own side by sides and found it to be a waste of time with my sativa indica hybrids. You could see the growth slow every time you cut half the leaves off. I would like to see you do it though, always interested in learning new things. I have seen at least a dozen people over the years claim they were doing a side by side on defoliation then completely invalidate the results by starting with seeds (different phenos) or different plants get different light models. Waste of time.

Learned about bud washing and back building on 420mag, love new ideas :cool:

Furthermore i can come to the conclusion that the explosive growth is a factor of the defoliation because the growth took place in buds that had no access or limited access to light from being covered by fan leaves.

No you can't - could only do that if the other control plant with a fan leaf over the bud was noticeably smaller. I have fan leaves shading my buds all the time and they grow explosively too. Anyway, I don't think anything else canne gained from this discussion. I am convinced Defoliation is a bad idea and won't beleive otherwise without a controlled experiment and you feel the opposite. Like you said agree to disagree. I was just trying to help.

wow.so much information this has turned into a excellent thread.well ive trimed out a little not much just on 1 side to see.going drop trailar net over top and feed through .then chop a bit more out ill send pic of thin out.and get pic of net tmoz.thankyou so much every 1 here for excellent information.you blokes and girls are great thankyou.:goodjob:

DSCN07357.jpg
DSCN073410.jpg
DSCN073312.jpg
DSCN073212.jpg
DSCN074610.jpg

They are in day 32 of flower, so if i didnt know anything else about your grow i would advise you to ONLY LST from here on out.
Let them grow for the final 30-40 days, you have lots of Top colas and should get a pretty good crop. Next crop you will train/scrog during the Veg period :) I have a feeling you bit off more then you can chew for your first grow. (what kinda maniac grows out 20 plants in a 10x10 for a first grow LOL :)

Good advice ^

Like I said before though- your plants are healthy and that's a very big plus. :thumb:

My first one was 35 plants in a slightly bigger space. Lol! In a bloody attic- where I had to haul water in buckets up a ladder! What a gong show! Not sativas though thankfully.

lol yea now i no you no the next problom im going be arsking lol.wot do i do with the plants i have in veg now and have been for 7 weeks lol.

hi weaselcracker therve been in veg for 7 weeks .and more clones in clone box lol.25 in veg.lol.ill send some pic tmoz mate.
cg boy room chocers and yea spot on mate i did work that out well 100%hit rate lol.thanks buddys more pic tmoz.

good hay.had a stuff up today my timer stuffed up and lights stayed on for 5 and a harth hours longer than 12/12 bugger you thinkit will be ok

They'll be fine. I've had that happen often- and sometimes didn't catch it for three days. It can be impossible to know what the hell is happening from outside the flowering room. I rigged up small indicator lights outside my grow room - one for each of my two 600w lights. They are plugged into the same timers so they come on/go off with the lights.

well took out some more leaf .and ready 2 put 2 tandam trailar nets in 1 each side some how lol.took some more pic day 35 into flower today thanks every 1 for helping out here thankyou.
DSCN07666.jpg
DSCN076511.jpg
DSCN07648.jpg
DSCN07627.jpg
DSCN07614.jpg
DSCN07588.jpg
DSCN07565.jpg

Back
Top Bottom