Scrogging to maximize space an light

UGHH

After many frustrating dud crops due to my plants being too tall, room being too crowed, and adding another light not being an option, I decided I needed to intervene on my plants natural grow pattern. Here are some picture of some recent experiments in plant training.
skywalker-kush.416849
skywalker-kush.416848
sensi-man.416847
sensi-man-week-8.416846
kush-week-8.416845

We can't see the photos bro. Click on "Gallery" at the top of the page and then click "upload photos". Then once you've uploaded all the photos you want just click the little camera on the post. Hope this helps.

Nice scrog!!! very nice!!!

I also grow scrog only since my tent is rather small. I love this style of growing for smaller/restricted areas! It really evens out the light, increases yield and is fun :)

How Long Did It Take To Do That And What Strain Is That
In the tent I have Sensi Star and OG Kush the close up are of the Kush. I typically train throughout veg by using twist ties to gently bend the branches to the desired width then allow it to stretch while fimming the tops as needed. Then about a week before I flip I put the scrog in and bend the branches and secure them with twist ties to create a level canopy and cut anything below the scrog off which can take about a half an hour. Doing this has increased my yield by as much at 25%.

Nice scrog!!! very nice!!!

I also grow scrog only since my tent is rather small. I love this style of growing for smaller/restricted areas! It really evens out the light, increases yield and is fun :)

Thank you Icemud. It certainly seems to be the way to go when working with a limited amount of space and light. I love being able to train my plants into something that looks like a bonsai and the rewarding feeling I get at the end of the cycle when you see all those fat little buds right at the top on the canopy.

DSC015333.JPG
DSC015323.JPG

And I made a mistake there is a Blue City diesel in the first picture here is a close up of her.

Nice scrog!

I'm thinking of trying one for my next grow, anything you wish you knew the first time?
It's worth the time and money getting a scrog in place. If anything I wish I started using one sooner. I no longer have to worry about falling branches. Just have to adjust the canopy the first couple weeks to keep it as level as possible. I like to keep the density to about 8 inches and cut anything beyond that from the bottom. I got mine for 7 dollars per screen, they're metal and reusable they just stake right into the pots. And I'm thinking the extra support for those branches equal noticeably bigger and happier buds, and more of them!

DSC013422.JPG
DSC015782.JPG

After letting her dry out I wound up with 106g. Before I started training and Scrogging I'd get between 60-70g.

Can't argue with those results huh? I will be going through my first indoor grow and will be using a SCROG setup. This isn't really due to space constraints though. It's more to maximize the light from my CFL. Would be thrilled to have result like yours, nicely done!

Here's a few shots of my different v-scrogs...
My first grow, and vscrog as well blue dragon, university hills og, chemband
DSC022773.JPG

My second grow, holy grail og, og101, xj13, kali kandi
DSC03966.JPG

I plant over a 1/4lb dry a beast holy grail og
IMG_20120217_151343.jpg
DSC04180.JPG
IMG_20120217_151328.jpg

My third vscrog...PM and thrips got the better of this grow.. holy grail og, silverback og, blackberry kush, sour bubble, platinum bubba
DSC053391.JPG
DSC053382.JPG

My current vscrog blue dream, skywalker og, pre98 bubba
IMG_20121210_191051.jpg

Dude I saw the v-scrog in your thread and it looks really awesome. Way to go and thank you for sharing the wealth of knowledge. I can't wait to try that myself now.

Back
Top Bottom