Second Grow Ever!

I must have not cut it all . I will go back in now and cut it out.
Yeah cut all of the brown off. Make new growth come up out of the middle there. . Good thing these plants are they grow and grow till they can't . Old days they called it a weed grass. Where we got name from.

Hey Lisa, going through your journal just now and saw you havin' some problems.

Even they look like nut burn, I'm sure you aint feeding em so my personal though, the problem was from the plastic bag and maybe too much water onto the soil.

When plants are in first few weeks, humidity must be high so they can intake through leafs, as they have very small root system. The plastic bag helps keep humidity, but also made a greenhouse effect, in same time the soil (very moist) gets heat up and kinda this is the result.

If you wanna make a small greenhouse for humidity, you might take in mind for next time to poke some holes also into that plastic bag for some air circulation. Also, I dont keep the plastic cup or foil more than a day or 2 after they sprout.

Even in my current grow they sprout and place them under light with no plastic bag anymore, just the room rh high (65%+) and temps @28-29C on first week.

Now I have 3 more joiners who sprout, keep em 2 days with the plastic cups, than remove it. The new joiners have like 2-3 days since no plastic and they adapt well.

I don't want to advertise, but give it a try, when I had in past any issue with my plants, I just used Voodoo Juice from Advanced Nutrients. it's simply magic, and works even as a foliar spray to give a boost to your plant.
I use close to 1ml voodoo into 1.5l of water and spray over the one with problem.
It helped me when plant was burned, when plant wilted, when she was stuck at 5cm when the rest where like 15, it really helps alot. I would give a try.

Really hope the plant will recover, don't give hope:Namaste:

Good morning HP. Thank you so
Much for the information. Yes I was not feeling them and my light wasn’t that close so I couldn’t understand why the burn. I guess the strain is a bit more sensitive to the environment than the other strain I am
Growing. I will definelty take your advice on my next seeds which hopefully is ready to go into the cup this
Morning.
I do have a question, after they sprout do your leave them in the solo cup for weeks, or days? I only have one tent and right now I’m in the last few weeks before harvest. So I thought I would be able to keep these in my temporary grow box until then.
Thanks for all your help.

Much for the information. Yes I was not feeling them and my light wasn’t that close so I couldn’t understand why the burn. I guess the strain is a bit more sensitive to the environment than the other strain I am
Growing. I will definelty take your advice on my next seeds which hopefully is ready to go into the cup this
Morning.
I do have a question, after they sprout do your leave them in the solo cup for weeks, or days? I only have one tent and right now I’m in the last few weeks before harvest. So I thought I would be able to keep these in my temporary grow box until then.
Good morning Lisa, hope your having a good day.
You want to fill the cup with roots before you uppot, for best results.
Some people say when leaves are overhanging cup they are read.
I prefer to wait.

Stay safe
Bill

Get away from the potting soils as seed starter, not the same. You're using Fox Farms, try their Light Warrior for seeds, from the FF website:

"Light Warrior® is a soilless medium designed for starting seeds. It is very lightweight and holds water well, which makes it perfect for germination. Be sure to thoroughly wet Light Warrior® before planting seeds. Once you are ready to transplant seedlings into a larger container, plant in your preferred potting soil."

Ocean Forest is too hot for seed/seedlings. Their will be those who disagree and say their babies do fine started in Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, didn't work as well for me. I no longer grow in soil and use Root Riot plugs to clone/germinate, but past experience has shown me that a seedling started in a medium that is too hot will have slower growth the first couple of weeks compared to one started in a medium intended for seed germination.

For vegetable seeds I use Burpee seed starter and get much better results than with a "potting soil."

Morning.
I dono what's your tactic on germinate to answer this...

I have 2 ways,
1st one is to soak seeds "over night" for like 8-10h, give a good shake to the glass of water, and the seeds who float I throw away. I take the bot glass seeds, thoes who sink and place them into soil. By this time, some crack and show the tiny root, some dont, but they all sprout if good genetics.

2nd way is to place them into soil and keep it moist.
For both methods I use small pots for the sprout on begining

as @frogyrogy says, you have light mix soil for seedlings. the potting soil it is indeed usually with nuts that can make some burns.

To answer, I use the small "nursery" pots you see on left side, after few weeks, transplant into bigger and thats it.

3 out of 4 sprout

the 4 plants in bigger pots are autos, They been in the nursery pots just for a week, after potted into the 26l pots, so dont mind them. for autos is better not to transplant at all, but to start into big pot from begining. or try to transplant before roots go round into that nursery pots so the transplant wont be a big shock.

Good afternoon Dust, I think we have turned a corner. They look great so far. No more brown on her or it’s not getting worse. And my Pineapple Express is just growing like , dare I say? A weed!!
:D

I was reading your journals and I have to say they are really packed of great info. Thank your for taking the time to do that! Here they are today.. and since I was freaking out about the blue dream dying, I germinated a Girl Scout cookie so now 2 down to almost 1 now up to 3…

632FF266-A392-4FC8-A2C6-7EF2D9E1AA4F.jpeg

D3DA3947-0861-4290-95AC-590649388EAA.jpeg

I dono what's your tactic on germinate to answer this...

I have 2 ways,
1st one is to soak seeds "over night" for like 8-10h, give a good shake to the glass of water, and the seeds who float I throw away. I take the bot glass seeds, thoes who sink and place them into soil. By this time, some crack and show the tiny root, some dont, but they all sprout if good genetics.

2nd way is to place them into soil and keep it moist.
For both methods I use small pots for the sprout on begining

as @frogyrogy says, you have light mix soil for seedlings. the potting soil it is indeed usually with nuts that can make some burns.

To answer, I use the small "nursery" pots you see on left side, after few weeks, transplant into bigger and thats it.

3 out of 4 sprout

the 4 plants in bigger pots are autos, They been in the nursery pots just for a week, after potted into the 26l pots, so dont mind them. for autos is better not to transplant at all, but to start into big pot from begining. or try to transplant before roots go round into that nursery pots so the transplant wont be a big shock.
Thank you. I just dropped a girl scout cookie into a soiless mix. It’s a peat pod. That’s how I started my other two but since my blue dream wasn’t working I put it right into the soil which song with the plastic bag, I think burned it. Thank you for all the information.

Good afternoon Dust, I think we have turned a corner. They look great so far. No more brown on her or it’s not getting worse. And my Pineapple Express is just growing like , dare I say? A weed!!
:D

I was reading your journals and I have to say they are really packed of great info. Thank your for taking the time to do that! Here they are today.. and since I was freaking out about the blue dream dying, I germinated a Girl Scout cookie so now 2 down to almost 1 now up to 3…

D3DA3947-0861-4290-95AC-590649388EAA.jpeg
Started to develop second set of leafs, but as much as I can zoom and see they are abit burned on the edges.
Still have hope! :Namaste:

Start to believe that the soil has nuts in it

Today is day 14 and I have totally turned a corner. I think my blue dream is on its way to recovery and my GirlScoutCookie has sprouted. Now it’s the careful dance of just enough water and light and warmth.. I think I’m getting the knack of this whole cannabis growing, thanks to you all…

DD6CE7F7-0B90-4611-BE20-AE3F1D54D95D.jpeg

FF5047D6-40D5-49C3-932A-11D60085CFE3.jpeg

6FBADB7F-2C44-4128-B0CD-543F6EA2BE0A.jpeg

Today is day 14 and I have totally turned a corner. I think my blue dream is on its way to recovery and my GirlScoutCookie has sprouted. Now it’s the careful dance of just enough water and light and warmth.. I think I’m getting the knack of this whole cannabis growing, thanks to you all…

Yep she going livvvve. It's alivvvvve. Good job. Recovery makes it feel the best

Yep she going livvvve. It's alivvvvve. Good job. Recovery makes it the best feelings.
Remember that ocean forest around the dirt you got them in. So they grow into the ocean dirt. Or it might be too much. Or mix happy frog 3/4 to 1/4 of ocean.

U want what dirt then in now. To surround it from new dirt . Plants adjust to new dirt better when they grow into it. It's a shock if not

Yes that’s what I did. I sort of have a peat plug and then around it is the ocean forest. I’m taking notes!!! So they have a while before their roots are actually in the ocean forest. I have great teachers so
I’m in good hands!!!!!

Yes that’s what I did. I sort of have a peat plug and then around it is the ocean forest. I’m taking notes!!! So they have a while before their roots are actually in the ocean forest. I have great teachers so
I’m in good hands!!!!!
:ganjamon:
:passitleft:

This were there when the first set burned. So I think it’s ok. They are not getting worse.
I think there good now. Just whatever you found wrong. . don't go back to it. Lmao. Keep that in old memories cause I have done it. Did same thing following grow and racked my brain what's wrong all over again

Back
Top Bottom