DobeWan's Spring Flowers

Girls are looking good DobeWan! :passitleft:

Thanks Magoo!

You got a lot done in there. and the veggers look really green and happy! Sorry about the kids and their bugs though. At least they brought flu bugs and lice and not thrips and mites ;).

A fair point. I have regular tenants in my friendly neighborhood springtails (no surprise given how much water I go through and the grow being in my basement) but that's all I ever see other than occasional appearances from the house centipedes that keep every other insect in check.

Most people are horrified when they see a house centipede - I'm happy because I know no other bug could possibly get established as long as they're lurking.

Gardens looking in order. Nice job with the defol. They can breathe now and will explode with frost now.

Thanks Derby! This is a fun time with the frost coming in. I'll have to take some close ups next time.

Nice work opening them up. Can’t beat a good defol. Looking great Dobe.

Thanks Lewy! The quadline structure really lets you get things open. It was key getting them before week 3 was up too - they've hardened at this point.

Absolutely checking in here If you have free chairs:high-five:

Receiving the Barneys package I received Some of the new line including the Pink Kush. It’s lovely to see you growing it out so there is Some comparing i can do:thanks:

About the broken arm, I found that beeswax around it seems to heal it quicker. My current cbd euphoria quad(my first quad Woohoo) had 2 out of the 4 brenches hanging on a small piece cause of my clumsyness every now and then. The beeswax made it restore and within a day She was perking Up again :)

Have a great evening:meditate:
Welcome!

Beeswax eh? I'll have to remember that for next time, because there absolutely will be a next time with how clumsy I can be. o_O

I'm pretty excited about the Pink Kush too - it'll be fun to compare when you grow yours.

Looks good Dobe and I’ll pull up a seat! I’ve got some Pink Kush I’m going to be dropping this year at some point and I can’t wait!!
Welcome Dutchman! Pink Kush is such an amazing strain - I think you, NaturalSpirit and I are in for a treat.

Beeswax has a anti-bacterial effect and leaves a micro layer on the affected area. I use it in my soaps, balm and for first aid at growing injuries(myself or the girls lol)

It’s one of Those Things I picked Up and cause it works so Well for me I like to spread the word :snowboating:

Dang, did not even know of this. Now I have to go read.

Them Gals are track stars. Dang they got some legs under um. Think they was trying to out run them good looking gals in the veg tent. :thumb:

Beeswax has a anti-bacterial effect and leaves a micro layer on the affected area. I use it in my soaps, balm and for first aid at growing injuries(myself or the girls lol)

It’s one of Those Things I picked Up and cause it works so Well for me I like to spread the word :snowboating:

This is why 420 is the best - everyone freely shares their little tips and we're all better for it. Definitely will remember this for next time. Now it makes sense why it works so well to heal my sun or wind burnt lips...

Thanks for sharing NS!

Dang, did not even know of this. Now I have to go read.

Them Gals are track stars. Dang they got some legs under um. Think they was trying to out run them good looking gals in the veg tent. :thumb:
Thanks for stopping by JM! I didn't go pimp out my journal anywhere, I just kind of started it and figured eventually a few people would notice the link in my signature and show up.

I'm looking at these plants like this - they may be big boned, but that just means there's more room to put on weight!

This is why 420 is the best - everyone freely shares their little tips and we're all better for it. Definitely will remember this for next time. Now it makes sense why it works so well to heal my sun or wind burnt lips...

Thanks for sharing NS!

Thanks for stopping by JM! I didn't go pimp out my journal anywhere, I just kind of started it and figured eventually a few people would notice the link in my signature and show up.

I'm looking at these plants like this - they may be big boned, but that just means there's more room to put on weight!

Morning mr.Dobe another quadder here...haha need to try beeswax as well but when I snap a branch I use fresh aloe sap on the wound and tape it up and she back to new in a cpl days.

Pimp daddy I have seen your grows, they will be beefing up for sure.
Let's hope so eh?
Morning mr.Dobe another quadder here...haha need to try beeswax as well but when I snap a branch I use fresh aloe sap on the wound and tape it up and she back to new in a cpl days.
Or if you have some kinda root gel or powder, mix some up and put a dab in the wound then a piece of tape to hold it and cover it for a few days.
Welcome Smeegol! Always fun to see everyone's take on the quads!

Thanks for the tips guys. In my case, I immediately taped it up, and it retained its basic shape initially. But I was late in stretch and antsy about the tape and timing (late week 3) potentially impeding the healing. I took off too much tape too quickly, and it survived but lost its shape. In the end, it aligns with the canopy, so no big deal. I forgot to snap photos last weekend when it was easily accessible, but I'll try to remember to get a photo of the broken area on the weekend. It's really cool how the break went completely through the hollow opening in the stem, and the plant didn't heal it over but instead created an entirely new stretch of stem in its place - a detour along the nutrient highway.

Looking great!!
Helllllloooooooo folks!
Just poppin in to give Dobe some mad props!
I received a gift of Black D.O.G and of Royal Gorilla :D

First thing I noticed was that Dobe is one of a few people that cures to my preference. I did both reviews after smoking them for 2 wake bakes (sober)

Royal Gorilla is powerful shit boy! Very relaxing and very good for pain and nausea. I felt tingles and fuzzy brain from half a joint. It’s very smooth, earthy and citrus maybe? Small but dense nugs with lots of crystals that burned white and all the way through. This was very different than my gorilla glue as yours is more Indica and mine was more Sativa, but I definitely felt it in my head and neck and this was my favourite of the two (GG WHORE) :D Not surprisingly ;)

Black D.O.G was instant couch lock and food fest, this would prob be my go to night smoke. Great for pain and sleep, very smooth to smoke and when busted up I smelt some berry? I’m not sure what’s in this mix but it’s definitely a solid Indica!! It felt like a heavy cloud of niceness roll over my body, very long lasting and paired well with a nighttime #deathbrownie

Excuse my dirty gardening fingers!

Great job my friend and I look forward to our next trade and your review on whatever I sent you:)

Hahaha I’ll pop in somewhere soon :lot-o-toke:

Canadian Mail man is the new drug delivery guy
FD627992-5991-47F6-8819-C3C26367661A.jpeg

Thank you @newty for stopping by with your awesome review! I'm really glad you enjoyed them.

My experience with Royal Gorilla has been pretty similar to yours. It's strong but not too in the head. Awesome body high and mellow stone. It works pretty well medically for me, and I can have it earlier in the evening without just getting sleepy, so the high is physical but not narcotic.

As for the Black DOG, that's definitely berries when you bust it up. It's a mix of Emerald Headband and Blackberry Kush, and the berry taste is definitely the Blackberry Kush influence. I find it has a strong initial head high from the Headband side before settling in to the body stone.

I think the Royal Gorilla is the stronger of the two, but Black DOG is the more exotic. The feedback I've gotten has been really evenly mixed, so I think both are solid and it's just down to personal preference.

@JustMeds the whole ability to legally share with other Canadians is fantastic. I had a friend visit from another province and he flew home with a loot bag. When I visited at Christmas, my wife and I both took an ounce with us. It's bizarre after a lifetime of prohibition to have this stuff go from illegal to legal one day - but I'm starting to get used to it.

While I'm here I thought I'd post an update.

We're at 33F in the flower tent today, although the photos I'm about to show were snapped at the start of lights on for 31F on Monday. The plants are doing fantastic! Clockwise from back left, that's Kosher Kush, Kushy Kush in the back right, Chocolope in the front right and Pink Kush in the front left.

All are packing on bud size quickly, with Kosher Kush somewhat surprisingly leading the way in thickness of buds and distribution of frost. I hit the plants hard in week 5 of flower - my target is roughly 1-3-3, 900ppm - and Kosher Kush is loving it.

The other plants are too, but Kosher is clearly the happiest of the bunch right now. This two day old picture doesn't really allow me to illustrate it, but it clearly is a step ahead of the others in thickness of buds. The buds further down are getting a solid amount of light and fattening up too. I maintain that this one won't win any awards for looks as it finishes, but it's looking like it's going to produce really good quality.

Pink Kush is no slouch, and I think ultimately it'll be nicer looking than Kosher structurally but maybe not as thicc. Its node spacing is nicer though. It had a really dank smell I can only describe as vomit-like when it first started to stink, but has since dialed that back a little. High hopes for this one, both in terms of whether the colas can fill out enough to look really nice, and in terms of effects and potency.

I really like Kushy's symmetric structure, and it's not going to fill out as much as the others may given my previous experience with it, but the buds should be dense and frosty. And I will get some nice stacking on the top colas in addition to the funky side-by-side buds further down.

My Chocolope bud pic didn't come out but it's coming along nicely too. The buds are thicker than the Kushy Kush, similar to Pink Kush but not quite as tightly packed in terms of spacing. It's front right in the group shots, so you can get a sense of how it compares - or did 2 days ago anyway. It has a sweet, spicy smell that speaks to the complexity of flavour in this strain. This will be a summer staple for me.

Since I last updated you guys, I did a detailed defoliation of the flower plants to get the bottoms of the plants in order. I felt that as of the end of week 3 I had a very clear picture of what bud sites had potential and what were a waste of time, so I acted decisively to get things how I wanted them. My general rule of thumb is to clear the bottom 1/3 of the plant, but I make a per-plant judgment call on every part of the plant, really. This side shot is a little dark in the bottoms but if you look closely or zoom you can probably see how clear the bottom areas of the plants are now. I'll see if I can't get individual shots of the plants up on the weekend (neck/should permitting) to really show it - it becomes clear looking top down or side profile on an individual plant.

I'll save a pictorial veg tent update for next time. I had a hiccup on Monday - just dumbness and the plants quickly told me they weren't happy. I'm pretty sure I sleepwalked through Sunday night's feeding and messed up the ph'ing, and overwatered, which caused some leaf damage that has not spread beyond the initially impacted leaves since. I gave the plants a full watering on Monday night at 6.4 ph to rule out a calcium deficiency, and then a 1/3 watering last night to let them dry out a little. I didn't water tonight and will check them out in the morning to ensure they're not too sad, then resume watering like normal again tomorrow, being careful to ph and not overwater (duh). If my assessment is correct, the damage won't spread any further. It hasn't really spread since yesterday. It hasn't spread beyond an initial leaf pair on 3 of the 4 plants. Tthe 4th, Blue Dream, was showing me on Sunday it was feeling overwatered, so it largely escaped my dumb Sunday feeding and thus has no real signs of any issue. But for the others, new growth day over day from yesterday to today was seemingly close to back to normal. So I think I'm good. Every time I run into a little issue these days, I barely break a sweat - I just assess, correct, and move on. It's such a difference from the early days where something like this would have had me flushing, panicking, and making the problem worse.

Thanks again for following along!

Almost forgot to add - I also received a box bearing gifts from @newty, as she mentioned! I'll wait until I've had all 4 "straight" before posting up a proper review. I have so far tried Blue Dream and Liberty Haze. They're both really good! Blue Dream was a first for me, and I loved the high. Positive and upbeat, like all my cares melted away without me melting into the couch. Liberty Haze I grew, and if newty says she prefers my GG... well, I think I might prefer her LH. Mine has this sharp lime taste whereas hers has a sweeter fruit taste mixed with a clear Chem taste and smell. Mine gets heavier / dragged out more than I expected as well - like it's a balanced hybrid rather than a sativa-leaning one - while newty's feels more on the sativa side than mine, like how I expected mine to be. I've only had an initial sample, but I'm already suspecting mine had more of a G13 influence while newty's leaned a little more on the Chem.

She also threw in a sample of her Amnesia Trance and her Dark Devil Auto to round things out, but I expect those aren't good work night strains for me (sativas can keep me awake), so I'll be trying them on the weekend!

Flowers look terrific Dobe and the way the frost is marching down the leaves this early is a great sign of trim to come! Glad that vomit smell got dialed back :).
I’ve smelled so much vomit in the last 3 months that I have it on the brain. Young kids are such magnets for sickness.

I have rails on the Kosher since posting this! I’ll snap some updated pics on the weekend.
You have a tent full and it looks real good.
Thanks JM. Knew it wouldn’t look sparse for long. Hopefully the momentum keeps going for 4 or 5 more weeks.

As an aside I checked the veg tent and made the decision not to water this morning and give them the day to continue drying out. They looked fine, really, with the new growth looking great and moving quickly. So I think my assessment of their issue was correct and that I’ve basically corrected it at this point.

Also going to tag @Jgrowlove to check out the bud pics newty posted...

Back
Top Bottom