TC Cranks All The Way Up: My Attempt To Max The Frost & Pounds

Your premier understanding of lighting shows in your plants and nugs.

Pardon my ignorance and lack of research it has been a while since I have studied lighting in detail.

Is the optimal lighting efficiency and productivity around 900 to a 1000 PPFD without using CO2?

Think that was from an old chart from Tasty LED, which no longer exist and I was probably looking at a different unit(s).

Your premier understanding of lighting shows in your plants and nugs.

Pardon my ignorance and lack of research it has been a while since I have studied lighting in detail.

Is the optimal lighting efficiency and productivity around 900 to a 1000 PPFD without using CO2?

Think that was from an old chart from Tasty LED, which no longer exist and I was probably looking at a different unit(s).

1000PPFD should do the trick at 400-450 PPM of CO2 presence. However if you are letting fresh air into your grow space like me, then you have lots of CO2 floating around for free. My CO2 meter never measures anything under 500 PPM when I open the window with bug filter. I am constantly replacing the air inside my grow tent so I can say that without any other CO2 boost, my plants react fine up to 1200 PPFD. The small pot on the left side of my main tent is closed to the light and the Pink Kush clone in it is receiving around 1500-1600 micro moles. So far so good :cool:

I built my own CO2 reactor yesterday and now measuring up to 1100 PPM of CO2 inside the room when the lights are open and the yeast mixture is in a proper temperature. I had some trouble to get the champagne yeast mixture above 20 degrees Celsius today but I'll get this fixed tomorrow. The reactor is working great and I am using an air pump to move the CO2 behind the main fan inside the grow tent. Average CO2 PPM is around 750-800 and the yeast mixture was at 19-20 degrees the whole day, which is insufficient for proper fermentation. I'll dial the bucket temperature to 22-23 degrees and observe the change in CO2 density this weekend.

In my last grow, I was just using a crappy Exhale CO2 bag and it wasn't doing much contribution. Average CO2 inside my tent was 550 and there were huge difference between colas at different distances to the light. I am feeding my plants with few nutes and lots of water. The tops don't get overheated and the CO2 reactor should help these plants use more light.

I think you can tell when there is too much light. Canopy temperature is around 23-24 degrees Celsius inside my tent. Guerilla grow is in a much better climate. All three tents are happy and healthy.

Hope these help :passitleft:

Here with some more info on my mission to raise the CO2 density inside my grow room. I managed to get the champagne yeast mixture above 20 degrees Celsius and it is providing an average CO2 PPM of 1050-1100 inside my grow room. Output fan is running 3/10 speed and the small intake fan is getting some cool air inside the tent. I am really happy with this system and I am planning to get a bigger bucket for the next round. I will wrap a smart heater around the bucket because these hot water bags and bottles are not easy to maintain. That will be the ultimate CO2 system for 3x5 grow tent. I am expecting around 1300-1400 PPM of CO2 with a 8 gal. bucket. I am currently using 5 gal. bucket and leaving %25 empty. Here is my recipe for 5 gal. buckets;

-4.5kg of sugar
-60-65 grams of champagne yeast(high alcohol tolerance)
-60-65 grams of yeast food(this basically consist of dead yeast and some other shit)
-3 gal. of water. of pH between 3.5-4.5 and temp. between 20-30 degrees Celsius.

After mixing sugar and yeast food you need to pH the water. I am using GH pH down to do this but few amounts of lemon salt can also be used. After that point you shouldn't stir the mixture and just sprinkle the champagne yeast on top and let it soak there. Mixing it won't help with anything when you are starting the fermentation. You can shake the bucket after 2-3 days if the CO2 output is reduced.

I'll keep posting about this CO2 system. Next bucket should provide 1300-1400PPM for 4-5 days or even more. I think that is huge. Exhale and Daddy CO2 pads are nowhere near close...

I watered my plants today with 5.6 pH and 910PPM. CO2 level is slightly above 1000 PPM. I am not running the pump in the night and opening the window to put the yeast into sleep. I am putting hot water bags and bottles to bring the heat above 20 degrees Celsius but my smart heater will arrive in a couple days and next batch will perform way better. I think this system can easily produce over 1000PPM for such grow space for 4-5 days consistently.

I harvested a plant from the guerilla grow and it is fire. I know what genetics this bagseed has and we don't have anymore from that one so its a shame. But overall quality in the guerilla grow is too high compared to my early expectations. Main bloom tent is kicking ass as usual. 16th day of 12/12 in this tent. We got a lot more to stack here. I love SOG style of growing and I will start taking clones in 2-3 weeks to be ready right after main tent gets harvested.

Here is how everything looks. Cheers :passitleft:

Hi guys I'm back with some update.

First, smoke some fresh made Pink Kush hash right?

Right.

I watered my plants today. I noticed some yellowing on the leaves and increased the N amount a bit. I also renewed my CO2 bucket. Now I have a 9 gal. bucket filled with sugar, champagne yeast, yeast food and clean water. I pH'd the water at 4 with GH pH down. My smart heater arrived and I wrapped it around the bucket. Temperature is steady at 24 degrees Celsius now, which is near perfect for fermentation. I am reading around 1000 PPM but my sensor is in a crappy place and I believe my plants are receiving 1000PPM easily. I fixed the hose of the CO2 pump behind the fan and blasting the whole thing through the canopy. My fan is silent and powerful and I really suggest you guys to get an high quality fan.

Main update is the trim. This might look scary but I know the genetics I am working with. 2nd time for both Pink Kush and Purple Punch. They both shoot lots of leaves and block the lower canopy. For Pink Kush, you guys will need some lower canopy because this strain is not capable of building huge colas when trained too much. Purple Punch plants are all in the SOG side of the grow and they will definitely produce good mains like their Pink Kush SOG buddies. That's why I heavily trimmed the trained Pink Kush plants. All of the bud sites are exposed to light now and I think I might get some big chunks this time. CO2 keeps my hopes up.

I also have some amazing pictures of our own cross from the Guerilla Grow :rofl: We call this one 3B Kush. It turned out great but we don't have any more from this one. Hope you guys will enjoy these stuff.

Cheers :passitleft:

@ProfessorFlora I think you might want to see these. Check the difference between Purple Punch and the Pink Kush brother. They are both in their 21st day of 12/12. This pheno I came across is producing amazing frost.

Hi guys I'm back with some update.

First, smoke some fresh made Pink Kush hash right?

Right.

I watered my plants today. I noticed some yellowing on the leaves and increased the N amount a bit. I also renewed my CO2 bucket. Now I have a 9 gal. bucket filled with sugar, champagne yeast, yeast food and clean water. I pH'd the water at 4 with GH pH down. My smart heater arrived and I wrapped it around the bucket. Temperature is steady at 24 degrees Celsius now, which is near perfect for fermentation. I am reading around 1000 PPM but my sensor is in a crappy place and I believe my plants are receiving 1000PPM easily. I fixed the hose of the CO2 pump behind the fan and blasting the whole thing through the canopy. My fan is silent and powerful and I really suggest you guys to get an high quality fan.

Main update is the trim. This might look scary but I know the genetics I am working with. 2nd time for both Pink Kush and Purple Punch. They both shoot lots of leaves and block the lower canopy. For Pink Kush, you guys will need some lower canopy because this strain is not capable of building huge colas when trained too much. Purple Punch plants are all in the SOG side of the grow and they will definitely produce good mains like their Pink Kush SOG buddies. That's why I heavily trimmed the trained Pink Kush plants. All of the bud sites are exposed to light now and I think I might get some big chunks this time. CO2 keeps my hopes up.

I also have some amazing pictures of our own cross from the Guerilla Grow :rofl: We call this one 3B Kush. It turned out great but we don't have any more from this one. Hope you guys will enjoy these stuff.

Cheers :passitleft:

@ProfessorFlora I think you might want to see these. Check the difference between Purple Punch and the Pink Kush brother. They are both in their 21st day of 12/12. This pheno I came across is producing amazing frost.

They look amazing TC! The frost on that bottom Pink Kush pic looks crazy. Gonna be coated by harvest time.

Thanks Prof. :passitleft:

Tomorrow is the harvest day for the guerilla grow. I'll try to take some great pictures of amazing nugs and hash this weekend. I'll harvest the main tent in 4-5 weeks depending on how buds ripen. Bountiful times are about to begin for me :peace:
Good luck with the gorilla harvest and I look forward to the hash pics. You make some of the best I've seen. It always looks so tasty

Guerilla harvest is done and that's why I've ben away for a while. Total dried and fine trimmed harvest is around 1400 grams. Not much hash or kief at all :rip: Almost all of the nugs are top shelf and not much sugar leaves. Amazing overall calyx to leaf ratio made this grow stand out for us. I couldn't take detailed pictures because I had to do a pretty fast job harvesting these. I am really feeling happy and stoned at this point though :lot-o-toke:

Here we go;

thoes mix of colours above look very appealing :yummy: That praying plant so close to harvest is A Grade bud for sure. I just have a topic on that right now and that 4-5th pic up is great example, I see one plant is praying and another kinda clawing abit comming up to harvest if im correct. or is it a genetic thing?

thoes mix of colours above look very appealing :yummy: That praying plant so close to harvest is A Grade bud for sure. I just have a topic on that right now and that 4-5th pic up is great example, I see one plant is praying and another kinda clawing abit comming up to harvest if im correct. or is it a genetic thing?

I left these plants sit in the dark for 48 hours. The prayers were still had some more time to go and we watered them before turning the lights off. Some plants are left without water. Maybe that is the cause.

I left these plants sit in the dark for 48 hours. The prayers were still had some more time to go and we watered them before turning the lights off. Some plants are left without water. Maybe that is the cause.
Ahh that might be the case then. Do u ever do 24/48 dark and Cold like 5c or lower. I feel like she puts on some stickyness even if the tent night temps are a lil lower then normal (in winter for me)
Never noticed the Purple punch before i dont think :laughtwo: have one myself thats growing a lil different in veg, did ur grow up normally, mine looks very bushy and smaller then then rest of the growth. hoping to clone her is she picks up.

Ahh that might be the case then. Do u ever do 24/48 dark and Cold like 5c or lower. I feel like she puts on some stickyness even if the tent night temps are a lil lower then normal (in winter for me)
Never noticed the Purple punch before i dont think :laughtwo: have one myself thats growing a lil different in veg, did ur grow up normally, mine looks very bushy and smaller then then rest of the growth. hoping to clone her is she picks up.

I have an unusual setup for some growers. I got a bug filtered open window to let fresh air inside my grow room. I am turning the lights on at daytime and turning them off at night time on flowering. That produces around 10 degrees Celsius of temperature difference bw/ day and night, which should improve the resin production and increase the chance of getting colorful nugs if the genetics lean that way. Summers are hot and winters are cold in where I live. I get the temp difference regardless of the season I'm growing in. I am adding CO2 and silica on every feeding if my plants are blooming during a hot summer.

I had three Purple Punch seeds. I think one didn't pop. I've harvested one and the bonsai mom inside my nursery is the last seed. I have to say that all of the Purple Punch plants I've grown have been vegging and blooming exactly in the same pattern. Nothing unusual yet. The PP I harvested had a mid bloom thrip attack that I couldn't prevent. Still, since that plant stayed long in veg. she didn't care much about thrips and yielded some amazing nugs. However, I was expecting more yield. Over 350 grams of smokable material from around 250W of Atreum 3000K LM301B's. I can't imagine how that plant would've yielded under my own LED's.

Definately make a mother from one of your PP seeds. Clones are also growing rapidly and looking solid.

That Pink Kush is crazy, TC. What's the smell like on that one?

Thanks Prof. :passitleft: I would like to see you growing this amazing resin machine too. Most strains from Barney's doesn't fit the frost level coming out from your grows but not the PK :)

Smell is very dank inside the grow room these days. I can definitely smell something sweet and earthy. The classic good indica taste if you know what I mean by that :) Just a little more sweeter.

Dried nugs from my earlier harvest always made me cough like a very fat full grass joint would. Definitely quality genetics here. Taste was amazing but I couldn't dry and cure my last Pink Kush harvest properly. I'll get you a proper strain and smoke report this time.

I have an unusual setup for some growers. I got a bug filtered open window to let fresh air inside my grow room. I am turning the lights on at daytime and turning them off at night time on flowering. That produces around 10 degrees Celsius of temperature difference bw/ day and night, which should improve the resin production and increase the chance of getting colorful nugs if the genetics lean that way. Summers are hot and winters are cold in where I live. I get the temp difference regardless of the season I'm growing in. I am adding CO2 and silica on every feeding if my plants are blooming during a hot summer.

I had three Purple Punch seeds. I think one didn't pop. I've harvested one and the bonsai mom inside my nursery is the last seed. I have to say that all of the Purple Punch plants I've grown have been vegging and blooming exactly in the same pattern. Nothing unusual yet. The PP I harvested had a mid bloom thrip attack that I couldn't prevent. Still, since that plant stayed long in veg. she didn't care much about thrips and yielded some amazing nugs. However, I was expecting more yield. Over 350 grams of smokable material from around 250W of Atreum 3000K LM301B's. I can't imagine how that plant would've yielded under my own LED's.

Definately make a mother from one of your PP seeds. Clones are also growing rapidly and looking solid.
Me too :laughtwo: still tryna work out a good perpetual grow for my area/ my brain skills lol. Yea it sounds like my climate here is roughly the same as yours.
It my first PP, only 1 seed but the CBD content compared to most strains is like 2% witch i think, a plant with good cannabinoids makes for a better all over high. Just a thing iv probably made up in my head :laughtwo:
Nice not bad, atleast i know she has the potential to grow strong. I will defo veg this mother out a lil longer and hopfully get some good clones to train and see how i like this smoke :blunt:
Enjoy the weekend TC

Me too :laughtwo: still tryna work out a good perpetual grow for my area/ my brain skills lol. Yea it sounds like my climate here is roughly the same as yours.
It my first PP, only 1 seed but the CBD content compared to most strains is like 2% witch i think, a plant with good cannabinoids makes for a better all over high. Just a thing iv probably made up in my head :laughtwo:
Nice not bad, atleast i know she has the potential to grow strong. I will defo veg this mother out a lil longer and hopfully get some good clones to train and see how i like this smoke :blunt:
Enjoy the weekend TC

The high coming from PP is great. It gets you there without question and doesn't have the sativa type of buzz that makes me anxious. I wasn't aware of the high CBD content of the PP though. It must affect the experience in a good way.

I am also planning to add one CBD mother to the nursery. I can spare some space for CBD experience which I never properly had. I've grown NYC Diesel CBD but it had like %14-15 THC alongside with the CBD. That was an amazing smoke for sure. I had to grind more nugs to get there but the experience was magnificent. I must say that some people disliked these dense and gas smelling buds due to low THC though.

Back
Top Bottom