Seed banks

I'd venture to say it's your germination practices

That many seeds not sprouting sounds , well,not possible if from reputable seed banks

As far as genetics not being sturdy, again, I disagree 1000%

Many growers are getting some amazing plants outdoors, in kanuckistan where it's not a hot climate, to Africa where it barely rains

Cannabis is a weed, sure some strains will be more fragile than others, but for the most part they are very very very tuff plants

Try using rapid rooters and a humidity dome. They have a 10 pack of repacked rooters on Amazon. Personally I don't have a problem with the 50 bag but I use rubber gloves for handling.

I just wet mine (good and damp), some soak them but since it's got root hormone it seems soaking would dilute that.

I've been running Seedsman, new420seedguy (420Seed guy) and one other seed bank all germing good.

If you are having problems I'd suggest 420SeedGuy he has some strains for 3 for $9 and northern lights autos for 2/$15. Perfect your method with less expensive seed.

I'd order Rapid rooters and 9 seeds then rapid rooter 3, paper towel 3, and water soak 3 to find what works for you.

I feel for you, mate. That many disappointments....
I agree with @Chris Scorpio. I believe you need to change something in the environment these seeds are getting.
I recently replied in another thread regarding germination. I show how I use zip bags and paper towels and I have a 100% success rate with this method:
So far I have never lost a seed using this method. It is highly recommended. I usually get a tap root after 1 day, and the following day it sprouts. I'm currently germinating and starting 17 autos, one is still to germinate.

I use paper towels in ziploc bags. A day in a water glas is not needed. As long as you have the right moisture level in the paper towel before it goes in the zip bag, it'll stay the same without drying even if it's a bad seed that takes a week to germinate. The right moisture level is crucial though. I usually fold it to the right size before wetting it. Then soak the paper towel in water and give it a good squeeze. It must absolutely not drip. It should be moist. Whatever you do, don't use toilet paper for germination.
Then I put the seed in. I put the seed in on the upper part of the paper and at an angle so when I stand the paper up, the tap root will grow downwards. This prevents getting curly tap roots. Pointy end goes down.
I then put the paper towel in the zip bag.

You then need to find somewhere dark and warm for the germination. Ideally you want to find somewhere around 26 degrees C. That's when you'll get the fastest germination. If you're using someplace like behind a router, on the fridge or similar, make sure to measure the temp properly with a thermometer first - exactly where the seeds will be placed. A bit too warm and you'll cook the seeds - and they don't like that. Cooler than 26 C and germination will happen slower.
I made a little oven to cob cure my weed in, but realised this was the perfect germinator.

As soon as I see a tap root, from 1 mm and up in length, I plant the seed in moist coco. If possible I use a heat mat for the pots until seedling sprouts. I plant my seeds in the final pots, but that's because I'm a coco grower.

If you get a seed with a tap root and it doesn't sprout after planting it, the seed is given too poor conditions to grow.
What kind of soil do you put your seeds in? Do you water too much? How do you water it? Do you give it nutes? How deep do you put the seed? Is the soil packed too hard? Is it too hot or too cold? What's the humidity like?

I know Royal Queen Seeds sell a little starter kit with something like 30 little cups sitting together, already filled with some "easy to germinate" substrate and also some micro/macro organisms to aid and speed up the germination. Have a look at their web site, it should help you out.
You'll get your seeds going, mate. No worries :thumb:

A lot of people on here seem quick to blame the breeder, I've seen a few threads on here in like a week about bad germ rates.. I guess that's the easy way out but I definitely agree that technique is the culprit a majority of the time. If the seed pops and a tap comes out but stops growing, that's something most likely caused by the grower. For me at $10-$30 bucks per seed, I choose not to take any chances and plant directly in soil or rooters. Letting nature do its thing seems to work best for me. Good luck

Try finding a landrace or heirloom from a hot climate
Something that is not crossed
Google landrace strains are some good articles for strains which u may want
Then search several seed banks for what you want
I have had success with landrace sttains that r not hybrids
Kiwik Seeds - Best one Tropical Seeds - World of Seeds and Swamie seeds you will find what you want for sure for Sativa's Holy Smokes Seeds and Ace Seeds = great genetics

New grower here, I manage to kill every plant I grow, but I've got germination down perfectly.
I just grow all my seeds in Jiffy peat pots. Slowest germination 5 days, but normally they're up in 2-3 days.
Soak the Jiffy in water for 10 minutes, bury the seed (crater up) 1 cm deep, dig with a toothpick, plant with tweezers, cover with a lid until it breaks surface.

I've only had one fail to germinate, I'm buying from Grizzly and Attitude.
seedlings.jpg

I buy from Pevgrow all the time and had excellent success germinating. Royal Queen seeds have been outstanding for me. I do grow indoors though. Can you germinate indoors, veg for 2 weeks then transplant outside?

Try finding a landrace or heirloom from a hot climate
Something that is not crossed
Google landrace strains are some good articles for strains which u may want
Then search several seed banks for what you want
I have had success with landrace sttains that r not hybrids
Funny you should say that, these were grown by a pal planting seeds she picked out of Thai brick.
She just planted them in the soil in her back garden, and they've grown like the weeds they are, about 3 weeks old.
I've taken these two from her garden, replanted them in pots, I expect they'll die now I have them.
Just topped the one on the left, and trying to clone the tip just for fun.
I definitely have brown fingers. (early morning here, temp 24.5c, humidity 58%)
landrace.jpg

Hi. I'm. Running into trouble germinating seeds. So far 20 seeds i have bought through pev grow(autoflowers) have failed to germinate successfully. 20 out of 20 failed. Even in paper towel the seeds crack but the tap root fails to grow any longer than 1-2mm and germination becomes dormant. I have tried several mediums for sprouting and all fail. I'm from Australia and our seeds are very very hardy. They will grow in absolutely anything. Acidic or alcaline it doesn't matter, they grow and bud.
All the seeds I seem to be getting from seed banks including photos are extremely accustomed to indoor controlled climates. The indoor breeding has created weaknesses in the hybrids by not allowing the plants to experience rain, different ph, humidity changes, temperature changes, medium changes and a whole heap of other factors including pests etc etc. Obviously I'm an outdoor grower and I would love to purchase some outdoor bred seeds rather than indoor bred. Can anyone refer me please?
I've always used seedsman with a 100% good results ever time. They have a large variety. I've grown auto's before and they can be hard to get started sometimes. The yield is never a lot for me and there hard to clone because there auto's. I just stick with feminized seeds and do both indoor and outdoor all year round myself. Here is one of my Star OG clones which the mother plant seed came from seedsman that's almost ready.
20200207_074802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom