Seedlings stunted, help?

buffygrows420

420 Member
I do DWC a little different, check out this thread.

If your answer isn't there the growers there will here you.

Tok..

I do not grow in coco coir but do read some of the message threads about the technique.

If those things are almost 3 weeks old and look like that then the first thing that occurs to me is that they are underfed. Actually, not being fed at all. There are no nutrients available in coco until it decomposes which is a couple years from now. Read the two articles recommended and then get the right nutrients for seedling plants.

We can see that the cotyledons have used up almost all the nutrients they had available. Those small leaves have turned yellow and now the first set of true leaves is turning yellow as the plant tries to survive on what is available there.

Great close up photography, by the way.

I do not grow in coco coir but do read some of the message threads about the technique.

If those things are almost 3 weeks old and look like that then the first thing that occurs to me is that they are underfed. Actually, not being fed at all. There are no nutrients available in coco until it decomposes which is a couple years from now. Read the two articles recommended and then get the right nutrients for seedling plants.

We can see that the cotyledons have used up almost all the nutrients they had available. Those small leaves have turned yellow and now the first set of true leaves is turning yellow as the plant tries to survive on what is available there.

Great close up photography, by the way.
Oh wow, I thought it was the total opposite problem (nute burn), which is why I stopped feeding them. I just watered them (with only calmag) this morning, so I suppose I should wait until tomorrow to water with nutes. Thank you!

Drowned .
And its an autoflower so.
f6c.jpg

Oh wow, I thought it was the total opposite problem (nute burn), which is why I stopped feeding them. I just watered them (with only calmag) this morning, so I suppose I should wait until tomorrow to water with nutes. Thank you!
Keep in mind that I do not grow in coco coir. The following is just based on what I have read about coco growing and some from experience from just growing in general.

It is possible that the plant suffered a bit of nutrient burn earlier. When you ran all that plain water through it as a flush you flushed out all the nutrients and never replaced them. Now it is possible that @Nunyabiz is on track and the plant is dead. But, if you try to save it you will have at least learned something. If you do save it you will have learned a lot more.:)

If it was me I would mix up a pint of nutrient solution, maybe at half dose rates, and water. Then 12 hours later run a pint of plain water through it. Then 12 hours later the 1/2 dose and 12 hours after the plain water. Do that for a few days and it will either start showing some improvement in leaf color or it will be dead and Nunyabiz predicted the future.;)

And, very important....be sure that you check and double check the pH of the plain water and then check the pH of the water when the nutrients have been added. If all goes well you will be able to step up the nutrient mix to full dose but that will be a week or so from now. Gotta fix the plant now and hope that the roots recover.

That is pretty much what I know about growing in coco.

Good luck.

Keep in mind that I do not grow in coco coir. The following is just based on what I have read about coco growing and some from experience from just growing in general.

It is possible that the plant suffered a bit of nutrient burn earlier. When you ran all that plain water through it as a flush you flushed out all the nutrients and never replaced them. Now it is possible that @Nunyabiz is on track and the plant is dead. But, if you try to save it you will have at least learned something. If you do save it you will have learned a lot more.:)

If it was me I would mix up a pint of nutrient solution, maybe at half dose rates, and water. Then 12 hours later run a pint of plain water through it. Then 12 hours later the 1/2 dose and 12 hours after the plain water. Do that for a few days and it will either start showing some improvement in leaf color or it will be dead and Nunyabiz predicted the future.;)

And, very important....be sure that you check and double check the pH of the plain water and then check the pH of the water when the nutrients have been added. If all goes well you will be able to step up the nutrient mix to full dose but that will be a week or so from now. Gotta fix the plant now and hope that the roots recover.

That is pretty much what I know about growing in coco.

Good luck.
Thank you for the advice. I'll try to save it with the nutrients, but will also begin germinating backup seeds in case. Thank you so much!

Oh no! Are you sure? Definitely a lost cause and I should start again?
IMO it is yes, when I see an autoflower looking like that last pic I write it off.
If it were photo-period I'd say you got a prayer.
Autoflowers are just too damn finicky to take any stress in the first 3 weeks.

But, then again like Smokingwings said it could be good training to try to save it, but I am thinking divine intervention isn't in the cards.

Thank you for the advice. I'll try to save it with the nutrients, but will also begin germinating backup seeds in case. Thank you so much!
Hey Buffy welcome :welcome: I don't know if anyone mentioned you should try and get your ph as close to 5.8 as possible.
Also emilya has a great tutorial on how to water your babies.
Seeing that its an auto its probably stunted beyond repair. But I always tried to save every girl no matter how bad she was, when I first started growing.
Its good experience for a beginner. :thumb:

IMO it is yes, when I see an autoflower looking like that last pic I write it off.
If it were photo-period I'd say you got a prayer.
Autoflowers are just too damn finicky to take any stress in the first 3 weeks.

But, then again like Smokingwings said it could be good training to try to save it, but I am thinking divine intervention isn't in the cards.
Gotcha. Will try to save, if nothing but for the practice. Started germinating new seeds though. Any tips to avoid repeating my mistake?

Gotcha. Will try to save, if nothing but for the practice. Started germinating new seeds though. Any tips to avoid repeating my mistake?
Read the proper way to water a plant in emilyas thread she has all kinds of good advice in there for beginners. It's a great read. :thumb:

Hey Buffy welcome :welcome: I don't know if anyone mentioned you should try and get your ph as close to 5.8 as possible.
Also emilya has a great tutorial on how to water your babies.
Seeing that its an auto its probably stunted beyond repair. But I always tried to save every girl no matter how bad she was, when I first started growing.
Its good experience for a beginner. :thumb:
Thanks Bill384! Been trying to keep my pH between 5.5 and 6.5.. Could you link me to the tutorial you're talking about? Is it for coco?

I'm going to try to save them for practice, but just started germinating new seeds.

Thanks Bill384! Been trying to keep my pH between 5.5 and 6.5.. Could you link me to the tutorial you're talking about? Is it for coco?

I'm going to try to save them for practice, but just started germinating new seeds.
@Emilya is where you will find lots of good info on how to water your babies.
You should read as much of her stuff as you can. Smart cookie.
And I think @NuttyProfessor also grows autos. He is very smart also. You would do yourself a favor learning some of his techniques.

Back
Top Bottom