Seeds gone?

CC420710

Okay, I feel I am going crazy here. I planted 6 seeds a few days ago and as of last night, they were just opening up. When I awoke this morning they are all gone I see no signs well I did find a couple of shell pieces. I had them indoors but did find a mouse recently. Is this actually what happened a mouse took my seeds? I honestly can't think of another logical explanation

That one would have taken me by surprise-you need to get a mousetrap,and not one of the "humane" ones....I had a mouse in my garage,caught him in a humane trap,turned him loose in a field about 1/4 mile away-next day,he was back-I knew it was him,because he only had one eye.
He didn't eat pot plants,though...just uncooked Kraft Macaroni and Cheese...

Get some brodifacoum contact gel mate.
Just find out where the wee bastards are using as a run. Check hot places like behind the oven,fridge, washing machine, behind your couches. Once you find droppings put the gel on the floor in a zig zag along the wall . If they run through it they die.... by their blood thinning out to the point where it seeps through their veins and they internally bleed to death over a day or so.
Very satisfying way to fix a problem :)
Just watch as many rodenticides can kill cats n dogs too.

For an ordinary ol mouse - regular traps will get them guaranteed -no need for poison. I had to resort to brodifacoum only once in emergency after an invasion of rats- the only time there’s ever been rats in this area before or since. I trapped them all except the king and queen rat who were too cagey for traps.
Had to do it in that case but it’s nasty. There was and probably still is toxic neon green rat shit from the poison scattered around, and rotten festering toxic rat carcasses in the crawlspace... I vote traps.
And yes mice can definitely mow your garden seedlings down. .

For an ordinary ol mouse - regular traps will get them guaranteed -no need for poison. I had to resort to brodifacoum only once in emergency after an invasion of rats- the only time there’s ever been rats in this area before or since. I trapped them all except the king and queen rat who were too cagey for traps.
Had to do it in that case but it’s nasty. There was and probably still is toxic neon green rat shit from the poison scattered around, and rotten festering toxic rat carcasses in the crawlspace... I vote traps.
And yes mice can definitely mow your garden seedlings down. .
Used to be a pest controller and traps are effective at first but they learn pretty quickly to avoid them if they see one of their chums with his head crushed.
By using gel they don't eat it or see the effects so can't put 2 and 2 together.
They even wise up to baits pretty quickly.
In an ideal world use baits, traps, gels, uv piss gels and tracking dust along with glue boards but that's a bit excessive for most people. If it is just one mouse then a trap will do but I've never seen just a mouse. There's always more of the little bastards! Evil wee creatures man I hate them lol

Wow you must have smarter mice over there. I live out in a cabin and just keep a bucket trap under it. What we call a ‘Do drop Inn’. I’ve been doing it this way for a few decades. I rebait the can once every couple weeks or when I remember. The mice just keep coming, and they all go in the bucket. I get zero mice in the house except when I get lazy. They follow each other’s trails. They’re stupid.

Um.. get yourself one of these babies... She might eat your plants too but less than the mouse would. :)
IMG_20180104_063757.jpg

You crack me up weasel.. your mice and rats prolly never seen humans. Weasel trap, crunch some crackers in your hand and pick them up as they come to feed, lol ..
I heard playing tune on pipes helps..

Well they’re both evolved to be parasitic on humans but rats are in a completely different league than mice. Rats mean war. Mice are one of the few species actually stupider than chickens and people -most of us can outwit them every time.

Thanks guys I picked up a couple different options. Start with trap and go from there. Plus side I caught the one I seen last night so hopefully there aren’t many followers. My shepherd is okay at catching mice but not like a cat of course. I figured it came from field next door to me. I remember as a kid catching field mice and bringing them home with me. I now know how mad that made my mother.

Back
Top Bottom