Seeds in buds week 8 what should I do? Destroy that plant?

CanGrows

Hi all I found seeds in one of my colas what should I do?

You are so close to the finish line! Just finish her up. You can pick out the seeds when you break up the buds, or use it for making oils or cannabutter, in which case you can just leave the seeds in the mix. The pollen had to have come from somewhere. If not in your own grow tent, then perhaps on your clothes from visiting another grow site with pollen? I understand that pollen can travel REALLY easily.

You are so close to the finish line! Just finish her up. You can pick out the seeds when you break up the buds, or use it for making oils or cannabutter, in which case you can just leave the seeds in the mix. The pollen had to have come from somewhere. If not in your own grow tent, then perhaps on your clothes from visiting another grow site with pollen? I understand that pollen can travel REALLY easily.

Havent been anywhere near any other plants however I did purchase two of the clones from a dispensary- will never do that again - I will start from seed in the future.
Is there anything I need to do to the grow room to prevent this in the future?
Will bleach kill the pollen?

Thanks for all the help all

Havent been anywhere near any other plants however I did purchase two of the clones from a dispensary- will never do that again - I will start from seed in the future.
Is there anything I need to do to the grow room to prevent this in the future?
Will bleach kill the pollen?

Thanks for all the help all

Interesting...

Anyhow, pollen is really easily destroyed with water. When your grow is done, spray everything down really well with plain water. When the water dries, you'll probably see little patches of pollen, but by that point it is inactive. I don't think you need to use bleach or anything else, just plain water.

If it had no contact with pollen or a male plant, then you may have a light leak in your tent. Light leaks may produce small amount of seeds, I don’t think their fertile though so I don’t think they produce to anything . What ever you do, don’t kill that poor plant yet lol! You’ve gone this far, no looking back!

If it had no contact with pollen or a male plant, then you may have a light leak in your tent. Light leaks may produce small amount of seeds, I don’t think their fertile though so I don’t think they produce to anything . What ever you do, don’t kill that poor plant yet lol! You’ve gone this far, no looking back!

Interesting! I didn't know that. I had heard that light leaks can stress a plant, leading to hermies and then pollen, but I didn't know light leaks could lead directly to seeds. Good to know, thanks.

If it hermies, well then seeds follow, right ...

Water dilutes pollen and makes it un viable

Spray everything down, even buds if it's early in flower

When I pollinate plants, I'll mist them a day or two later to be sure no stray spunk gets spread

Pollen is like the PLAGUE....it's nasty stuff, I know from my mistakes

They where clones...

Bad Genetics probably, probably hermies themselves, the mother, so not necessarily grower error, unlesS OP did stress em bad

If it hermies, well then seeds follow, right ...

Water dilutes pollen and makes it un viable

Spray everything down, even buds if it's early in flower

When I pollinate plants, I'll mist them a day or two later to be sure no stray spunk gets spread

Pollen is like the PLAGUE....it's nasty stuff, I know from my mistakes

Agree! Since the OP said the plant was in Week 8 of flower, I thought that was a bit late to mist with water.

Agree! Since the OP said the plant was in Week 8 of flower, I thought that was a bit late to mist with water.
Not his plant at that stage, but the tent and area around it...

I cant seem to find any other signs of Male parts so I'm not sure why this one cola threw a couple seeds.
I dont have any light leaks either - completely pitch black in there with lights off - I can stand in there and hold my hand in front of my face with wide open eyes and still cant see my hand.
Due to the clones having the PM infection when i got them I'm assuming bad genetics and a bad mother plant.
I will let them all finish up as they smell and look amazing still!
Hopefully not too many seeds.

Thanks All

Ok, so here's my 2 cents.
Light will not cause seeds but can cause plant to herm then seed.
Bad genetics have nothing to do with PM but some genetics are more prone to Pm.
The seeds in your bud look a few weeks old at least so if there was a nanner it could be buried in the bud. If there was a male flower somewhere then it would be shriveled up n very hard to spot.
From personal experience I've found the hardest part of growing is finding dank, stable genetics. I've wasted thousands of dollars on seeds (regular and fem) stable genetics are rare to find. If I was a betting man I'd say when your trimming that plant up you'll find a flower somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom