Short path distillers

gr865

Have been using a water distiller to make my FECO, very low alcohol return. So started looking at short path distllers. I want one that heat, stirs, separates the oil from the alcohol and give me good product/return and good alcohol recovery.

Only complaint I have with the source is it’s size. Less than 250ml per batch is too small for some. Also, and SPD rig will get you better oil, where as the source will give you crude oil (aka RSO) at 50%, an SPD rig will get you polished oil at 85%.

for what you said you wanted to do, you can do it with an SPD rig, except the evap stage. When you put oil that still has solvent in it in the rig and then turn the vacuum and heat on, it will get super violent, and most likely muffin, which means the oil shoots up through the condensing head and into the receiving flasks. Messy.

the mega home gets 80% of the ethanol back, which is similar to both my source and source turbo. I like the distiller due to the fact you can put gallons in it, not just 240ml, and it runs the same amount of time.

You can also google Rotovaps, which is how the pros do it.
Lastly, to really get decent recovery in the 90s, you’d need to centrifuge the weed after straining. I’ve tried everything, Centrifuge seems to be the only way to get back a high percentage of solvent, without also getting a ton of garbage in your oil at the same time.

mini

lbspda19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom