SHRuuM's 2nd Journal - Skunk - Morpheus - Early Miss - Trainwreck - NL - Etc

Hey OS, the next time you make up some soil try this with your mix.... ASHES. You can even sprinkle some on the top and each time you water, some sinks into the soil for freshening. Stuff works great, water soluble and lots of nitrogen and potash. Been using it on outdoor plants for decades, give it a try and let me know what you think. Don't know why I haven't done this sooner to the mix. And oh yeah, a little bit goes a long way.:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

ill try it on my next batch..
ashes are carbon right..cant be bad..thanks for the tip..lookin good

Not much to think about GTHM, its just a natural fertilizer. Beginning of veg cycle and all through the veg cycle since its high in nitrogen content. Any ash will work but 420 ash would be Karma safe.:rofl:

May I ask if I can use 420 ash and probably should only use it in veg cycle? Great thing to know if I can understand how it works. .

DAY 141 WK 9 OF FLOWERING

:welcome: back to this week's update of the GFC's. The girls are doing great, getting fat and sassy. As before, say it with me gang, "watered with well water on Wed. and a fed flowering nutes today." I mentioned before about how ashes can help your garden and today I "harvested" some ashes from a 2 day burn of 4 Hack berry trees. These are trash trees brought over from China in the 30's to help with erosion. They grow fast, block out the sun with their canopy so other trees like Oak, Pecan, and Cypress trees have a tough time growing. Their other bad trait is once big they start rotting from the inside until they break apart. So, their demise will help 4 other Pecan trees get the sun they need and I get nutritious ash for my next soil mix,:cheesygrinsmiley: which will be photos of White Widow, White Cookies and Crown Royal, so stay tuned for that at a later date. Remember the big advantage to using ash, NO SALTS left behind in the soil. Here's the burn pile,
Hackberry_as_pile.jpg

And my harvest. By the time I was done, this Tupper Ware was filled to the brim.
ash_harvest.jpg

But enough of that, here's the pics of the GCF's starting with Ms. Sickly whose really outgrown that name.
GCF_1_aka_Ms_Sickly_2-12-17.jpg

GCF#2
GCF_2_2-12-17.jpg

GCF#3
GCF_3_2-12-17.jpg

GCF#4
GCF_4_2-12-17.jpg

GCF#5
GCF_5_2-12-17.jpg

and a close-up of the top of GCF#5
GCF_5_top_bud_2-12-17.jpg

and The Garden with the lights off
The_Garden_2-12-17.jpg

So that's it for this week. It looks like 3 to 4 weeks till they're done, which will be start time for the next batch. Thanks for dropping by and I hope the"ash thing" is helpful to you guys.:Namaste:
Well that's all for this week, stay tooned for next week's installment of "How Green Is My Garden":rofl::rofl::rofl:

20170217_103114.jpg
Beautiful trees there..
Wait tilll u taste it..ur gonna love the stuff..
i personally think its some of the best ..
I got some started again..

I'm going to start WW, WC and Crown Royals all photos. I'm really jazzed about the CR after seeing your run with them.:drool:

20170217_103114.jpg
Beautiful trees there..
Wait tilll u taste it..ur gonna love the stuff..
i personally think its some of the best ..
I got some started again..

DAY 148 WEEK 10 OF FLOWERING

Welcome back to this week's update. :welcome: The girls are getting bigger, fatter, stickier, and hungrier. After feeding last Wed. with nutes instead of water, the girls only moisture today was at the bottom of the pots. Since we are going into the last few weeks of flowering, the girls will be given nutes more frequently, probably 3 times a week, until the last week when they go into flush. So here is this week's pics starting with, you guessed it, GCF#1 Ms. Sickly whose reached the height of 19 inches.

GCF_1_aka_Ms_Sickly_2-19-17.jpg

GCF#2
GCF_2_2-19-17.jpg

GCF#3
GCF_3_2-19-17.jpg

GCF#4
GCF_4_2-19-17.jpg

GCF#5
GCF_5_2-19-17.jpg

And The Garden
The_Garden_2-19-17.jpg

This last picture I originally posted on GrowToHealMe's journal to show the benefits of ashes. This is a 40 acre hay field that was recently burnt. Not only this kills the weeds, and their seeds the big payoff is what it gets in return......free nutes and no competition from weeds that normally have a head start. I'll post up the same pic from the same spot in about a month to show the results of this procedure.
field_burn_2-18-17.jpg

Well that's all for this week, stay tooned for next week's installment of "How Green Is My Garden":rofl::rofl::rofl:

How did the farmer burn his field? And your plants are glistening trees of success.

First off, thank you much for the kind words.:thanks: Next step was easy peasy, he first disc around the entire burn field,[notice the turned up ground in the front by the fence, then a bare strip then the burn] then with a propane torch he lit the field closest to the fence on the northwest side. Since the wind has been blowing southeast to northwest, the flames were being fanned back towards the already burnt area, this is known as a back burn. If it was done the other way it would have created a HUGE fire.:cheesygrinsmiley:

GC looks great.
Last ones i grew loved nutes for sure..took heavy doses no problem
.i have 4 started right now..
There babys still..
Lookin good brother..

plants are doing good, me not so much. I'll be posting soon, but I can tell you these puppies take a loooooong time to finish. GCF#4&5 are the only ones showing signs of being done. I've got 2 WW's and WC's in the Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery going now and as soon as I'm able I'll get some pics up.

WEEK 14 DAY 184 OF FLOWERING

Welcome back. I know I've been gone for a few weeks as life kicked me in the jewels, and while I was on the ground sucking for air, he kicked me in the solar plexus, and if that wasn't enough he had time to put on his pointed toe Mexican cowboy boots with steel tips and kicked me hard in the anus....I'm still reeling! But enough whining, y'all are here to see about the GCF's that have been going for a half a year.:Namaste: Man my Hawaiian's that I grew a while back didn't take this long.:cheesygrinsmiley:

OK to play catch up, I flushed the plants with 4 gallons of water each 10 days ago and they've been receiving water every other day cause they were thirsty as hell. Only GCF#4&5 started showing signs of being ready so they are in a dark closet for the next 2 days. The other 3 are still going strong and producing white hairs with nary a red hair to be found so they are still in flowering mode. I started 2 White Widows and 2 White Cookies on March 1st and they are ready to be moved out of the Sneaky Snid Memorial Nursery and into bigger pots and the tent. To my dismay the 5 Crown Royals were a bust. Every one popped their casing but only produced a very small tail[about 1cm] and then stopped....none of these girls started and they were in the same heating pad/canopy with the WW's and WC's which were a total success. So with out further ado here are the latest picks starting with Ms. Sickly which grew another 1.5 inches since the last posting.

GCF_3.jpg

GCF#2
GCF_2.jpg

GCF#3
GCF_1_Ms_Sickly_3-24-17.jpg

GCF#4
GCF_4_3-24-17.jpg

and GCF#5 with some nice heavy buds
GCF_5_3-24-17.jpg

the WW's & WC's
WW_WC.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I'll try to do better as time heals the wounds incurred.:thanks:

WEEK 15 DAY 186

:welcome: Today I harvested GCF#5 and it was a hell of a yield! Although GCF#4 was in the dark with #5 for 3 days it was obvious that it wasn't quite ready so I watered with straight well water and put her back in the tent with the other girls who are still going strong and not ready for harvest yet. I might have to harvest the other 4 sooner than I like since the WW's and WC's are more than ready for transplant and move to the tent.:cheesygrinsmiley:
So here's the pics from #5's yield.

First break down
GCF_5_harvest.jpg

Bud #1 of 4 BIG buds
GCF_5_bud_1.jpg

Bud#2
GCF_5_big_bud_2.jpg

Bud#3
GCF_5bud_3.jpg

Bud #4 the top and biggest[I couldn't hold my arm far enough out to get this shot:drool:]
GCF_5_big_bud_top_4.jpg

The buds hanging to dry. Now you get an idea how big and bad the top is compared to the others which aren't shabby themselves.
GCF_5_tops_drying.jpg

And the rest of the buds that couldn't be hung.
GCF_5_lower_buds_drying.jpg

That's 1 down and 4 to go. I must say that if you have the time these girls are well worth it.:Namaste: Big FAT, heavy, sticky buds seem to be the norm with this strain and I can't wait to taste it.:hookah: I'll get a dry weight in a few days and post up so stay tooned for more of "How Green Is My Garden".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom