Glasgrow's Outdoor Grow - Early Skunk - Scotland

Well the seeds have an short flowering period of approx 60 days. Checked 3 days before end of august and no flowers, out 2 weeks later or so and they flowering. The problem we have here is the days dont hit 12/12 or perhaps a wee bit longer till 3rd week of sept. The seeds all have a high resistency to mould so will be ok if it gets wet. Just hoping that there no ground frost between now and the end of this month, or if we do then hope it only a day or two and should be ok.

If the other half says it ok to grow next year will just do autos. Looking at auto bomb thc. Heard good reviews and seems easy enough to grow. Plant inside around may, harden off after 2 weeks on my balcony, take outside to finish off during june and july.

:thumb: I'm spoiled with the amount of sun here 300 days a year more or less. For frost if you can get some mulch of some kind to keep it a bit warmer under it.

Am just wondering is it worth tying up some of the lower branches and bringing them out to the side this far into flower (just over half way)? This would be on my big plant. Can put a couple of bamboo canes at either side of the plant and tie the branches to the canes thus giving that branch a more horizontal grow rather than vertical. Would get a little bit more light (even though it outdoors anyway) to the lower buds and make them that wee bit bigger. If it not worth it then wont bother but just not sure if it should be done so far into flowering. If i had done it a month or so ago then i know the lower buds would have enjoyed a bit more light.

I'd just leave her for now spreading her out might cause a break in a branch or something unless you're confident in there not being any wind

Had thought about it recently and thinking of things then tying the branches out a bit would not be beneficial this late on. Perhaps a week or two into flowering may have been ok but this late on it probably wouldnt increase the size of the lower bud sites seen as it only got another 2-3 weeks left. Only problem i have now is time and temps. Temps are quite warm in the sun during the day around 10-15°C in direct sunlight and between 5-12°C in the shade. Night time is different. Been quite cold recently with first ground frost this morning and temps hitting between 2-5°C. The night time temps are set to be a bit warmer next week but that is according to long range weather forecasts, lows of 2-3°C till next tue and then lows of 10°C. Been reading up and most seem to think that the plants should survive a few days in the cold and even a few light frosts.

Not had a chance to get out to them and mulching them i would need to make sure that slugs wouldnt find their way over the mulch and get a free ride to my plants. And even tying them i wouldnt break a branch Spart, they would have been carefully pulled out to the sides and tied. Am now having to keep an eye on the weather and just hope that we dont hit too many lower temps. Have to be thankful that the trees around the clearing will provide minimum protection from the elements. Will get out next week to check on them and make a decision on when to chop. Had an early estimate of 4th Nov as my mate can help me at that time. Will head out as early as possible, around an hour or two after sunrise and make the chop. Have heard it better to harvest before the sun comes up or as close to it as possible. I think that the plants will still be shaded at the time i go out so it should be ok. Will need to trim as soon as i get them inside as i cant afford to hang them up for a few days before trimming as i got my eldest here for his birthday and it likely that relatives will be over. So it chop, trim, place in a cardoard box and dried. If they come over will place the box in a cool box on the balcony till they leave.

I wasn't saying you break a branch I'm saying the wind breaking one had one that was topped get split straight down the middle of the plant from the wind and one of my bamboos getting blown over.

No photos since the last ones which were posted exactly 2 weeks ago today. Am hoping to get out next wed but may try to get out sooner than that as my parents are coming over on wed and staying the night. Possible days are either sat or sun or if it wed will need to be before lunch time. When i do go i will go along with some water with added pk 13/14 for a final feeding boost before they get chopped. Looks like we got some dry weather for the foreseeable future so should avoid any bud rot problems although we could do with a day of rain so the soil gets wetted and the plants will use up the last of the nutrients in the soil.

The end is near people. I got out today to see how things were progressing. I have to say with all honesty that my hopes were high, intentions were good but things didnt turn out quite as i expected. Now haing to make do with a bad situation.

Firstly plants #1 and #2 are no more. Plant #2 was already dead anyway. Couldnt find either plant and with what looks like freshish deer prints around then they must have muched them. #1 would have given me some early skunk (early my ass), prob amounting to a couple of grams at best.

Plant #3 is 25% smaller. Deer have topped that beast and lost most of the main cola and some of the tops of other colas. Have now tied some netting to the plant to protect it from deer. Still has a while to go before harvest. Pics below.

20151022_145203.jpg
20151022_145156.jpg
20151022_145140.jpg
20151022_145126.jpg
20150929_150221.jpg
20150929_150206.jpg

The last wee plant (#4) looks like a lowryder. It too was an early skunk. Has only i cola (perhaps the main one) and it wont amount to much. Gonna leave that till the frost sets in then use it for bubble.
20151022_145432.jpg

Didnt bother to give the plants a feed. The big one (sugar candy) is showing signs of multiple deficienies but seen as it getting chopped soon i rather just leave as is. And it has suffered some severe stress from the deer so buds will not be as big as i would have hoped.

Also since i have lost a big chunk i decided to pull some of the lower branches off and also took off the dead leaves. Since there is some bud on these branches i have taken it home to dry and trim. Not expecting much off it, i reckon 2g once it trimmed and dried. Looked at the trichs and was able to see mostly cloudy so the buds are not as mature as they could be but close enough. While i was inspecting the buds with a wee pocket microscope i seen someone walking along the path from where i was. Dont think he seen me tho. This area is not as secure as i thought it would be.

Here is what i pulled off (gonna make iso oil with the fan leaves).
20151022_154921.jpg
20151022_155013.jpg

The temps over here havent been too bad. Been a wee bit cold at night time but nothing to worry about. Cannabis is resiliant to a lot of things except damn deer and slugs/snails. Am disappointed that plants didnt flower sooner and that i didnt take a little bit more time to make sure that the plants were protected from deer and slugs. Did have some stuff to spray plants to protect them from deer but i left it in the forest and it went missing! Even without the spray i could have constructed a mesh fence and cover to stop the deer getting at them. It wouldnt have had much substance to it but may have stopped them from muching on them. Really annoyed that i didnt anticipate slugs either till the damage had been done.

Think i seen your rrf that had mould problems. Shame that. That rrf is good for making bubble - that stuff will kill any pains you may have - definitely medical stuff along with the high :) Not sure if the rrf has a high resistance to mould. Growing outdoor plants needs to have that resistance as this country can get quite wet and damp. My strains i ordered bad that resistance but perhaps i got lucky as well.

Have enjoyed growing outside even if things didnt work out as planned. Still got some green at the end of it all. Am wanting to try again but all depends on the other half saying yes or no. But will do a few things differently. Find a different more secluded place, prep the ground around 2 months in advance, top the plants once, make sure that i lay a perimeter of slug pellets, construct a 2 layer fence to protect from deer, try to grow plants more horizontally with some training for stealth and the biggest thing is to not grow photos. Being this far north the days dont get to 12/12 quick enough and even though they flower before 12/12 it just not soon enough for them to finish in time unless you force flowering at the end of july so it gonna have to be autos. Start them at begin of may indoors, transfer at end of may/begin of june, gives 3 full months to mature then harvest so approx 120 days from seed to harvest. Will get them the best of the weather and the longest days too so if it not cloudy then plenty of sun for them. Also gonna do everything with a pal who i said if we do it we do it correctly and we go 50/50 on total haul. That means on his days off he comes along with me and gives me a hand. If i end up doing more of the work then i will take a bigger cut, seems only fair. Also it will probably be me that trims them and dries them although drying could be a problem with a big haul but he has a friends place that he can use - his pal goes away during the summer with his work and he looks after it so that may be an option if need be.

Today was D-day folks. All chopped, trimmed and now drying.

My heart fell somewhat when i seen the big plant. Yesterday was a foggy day and didnt lift at all and then it rained quite a bit overnight too. The sight that greeted me with the big plant was some mouldy buds! Not sure when it happened but looks like it was cuaght early enough Not a total loss as only some were mouldy. Took them off and placed in a separate bag, was able to salvage 2 small buds after cutting off the mouldy bits and placed in a separate container to dry.

20151104_105811.jpg
20151104_105818.jpg
20151104_105828.jpg
20151104_105834.jpg
20151104_105839.jpg

The runt didnt amount to too much either. Not mouldy but got a wee bit from it and the colour had started to turn purple a bit due to the cold.

20151104_110303.jpg
20151104_110312.jpg

Early wet weight is 13.1g including a fair amount of stalks. With 75% of that weight being water i may be left with 3.25g. All depends on how much water was in the bud and how much the stalks will account for.

So 11.1g or sugar candy and 2g of early skunk. Shame that isn't wet weight. Do have a gram dry of some sugar candy that was chopped early. All in all a pretty dismal grow but i have something to show for my efforts and get to taste what i grew. Will post some pics of the buds once dry and also a final dry weight to come. That will be before the cure as weight lost during curing will be neglegible. So if the moderators can leave my journal till i get that done that would be great.

20151118_145231.jpg
20151118_145228.jpg
20151118_145001.jpg

After curing for a week and a half was left with 2.2g after getting rid of the stems. Not much smell off it but am sure that will change once cured for a little while longer. The other did grind some up by accident and it did smell quite nice in the grinder. Not sure on the smoke though as i didnt know i was smoking it till a few days later and i had been smoking some cheese that night as well. Here some pics of final finished product along with some trich pics too. Some still a bit clear but if i had left it any longer then whole crop would have been lost as the day after it rained heavy and has been rainy pretty much every day since then. No plant could have survived mould problems from that amount of water.

New grow for next year so keep checking back peeps for when i start again. Been good speaking to you all and look forward to you joining me on my next outdoor journey with autos. Will still be around offering advice to others.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I think the key for us here is a twice daily visit to pull over a black screen creating 12/12 cycle but the effort involved is a lot and it's no much of a guerilla grow but Scotlands a big fuckin country. Unless a solar powered device can be instrumented which isn't actually as far fetched as it sounds. My first attempt failed last year but folks pulling it off in England all the time so it's definitely achievable. It comes down to a numbers game and the right strain. Getting a mother plant this year and cloning the shit outta it so I can fire rapid in and use a good soil coco mix when transplanting make sure they are a decent size before they get planted. Keep the faith if anyone's able to crack the outdoor game up here they are high flying above the rest in the game

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Where you from danny? This thread is 2 years old and last year was way better. This year am hoping to grow again but going to look for a better more secluded spot. The only problem i now have is there is new houses getting built to where i go and cant afford to go further afield (although if i could i know plenty of spots to grow but have no transport). Depending on how far this new estate goes i may not be able to grow there for much longer, will wait and see. Also i need to find someone that can dry for me as i cannot dry at home, the mrs wont allow it.

Aye she's got a point though house would be reeking lol. Not far from you it would appear. Aw sorry I'll see your new one mine was a disaster last year but I'll try again too. Location is a bit of a pain I'm thinking about heading up north and taking a GPS with me n putting real effort into a site this time round. Trial and error for a few years and confident it can be cracked

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well perhaps we could meet up sometime, compare notes. Already made a friend on here who i get trim from and he an hour down the road. Use the trim for bubble. I can offer you some tips on growing outdoors. Take a look at my guerilla grow i did last year. A fair success compared to the previous year. I will not offer a hand for your site as you dont know me but if i helped you at yours you could help me with mine. That way the trust becomes a two way thing.

Back
Top Bottom