K-Frat's Soil Skunk Diesel Closet Grow Journal -2012

if the break is not all the way through then it should heal, although it will take a while to heal, so depends how long you got left, you can actually cut a branch off and re-attatch it with tape and it will heal and grow again, you can even take a cutting from one plant and insert this cutting into a plant of a different strain, so its possible to have 2 strains growing from one plant, i have even seen a plant that had 4 of these grafts and it was growing 4 strains with just the 1 plant, so these plants will recover from something like that, it just takes time thats all.

check up on cannabis grafting to see what i mean, if their is any way you can get the plant back to where it was before then it should heal a lot quicker,

All is not lost friends! red hairs are shriveling and whites are turning red and more white hairs are showing up, this shows that she is doing good. Swelling is still occuring and although I thought this would be a set back it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Note to self in the future: It is critical to be cautious when moving plants when they have alot of weight on them:laughtwo:

well then I can offer no advice only good vibes:)

Hey thanks budddy for the good vibes!:high-five:

Hey don.paul you always got the low down on info of shit I never heard of! I will def look into this it sounds like it's right up there with cloning/breeding/feminizing.

no worries mate, glad the plant survived, their pretty tough as their weeds, so unless the stem is snapped and comes away from the plant then it will repair itself, but even if it did snap off then you can tape it back on and it will heal and start growing again,

ive been trying something new with the plants im growing now, and its the removing of pretty much all the leaves, i took leaves that had a stem of 1.5 inch or more, then i stripped the plant and all that was left on it was the buds and a few leaves poking out the buds, i had always thought that plants need their leaves, but i did this to a test plant and the results are shocking, the buds are huge and they are not leafy as i thought they would be, ill be doing this to all my plants from now on, have a read up on this method, bassman has a journal on here that he showed us how to do it, since using it my buds have packed on loads of weight,

its best to start removing the leaves in veg, but my plants where well in flower when i did it and it caused no problems, so have a read and see what you think, it really does work, if you cant find bassmans journal in the current journal list then give me a shout and ill post a link for you, it has defoliation on the title of the journal, well worth a read

I will take a look. I have heard of this before I believe it's also called "lollipopping"

lolly popping is where you strip all side branches off the plant and just leave the main stem, this gives you one big bud and not small buds,

this method is defoliaton to increase yield, ill try and find bassmans journal and post a link to it, its shocking looking at the results he got

lolly popping is where you strip all side branches off the plant and just leave the main stem, this gives you one big bud and not small buds this method is defoliaton to increase yield, ill try and find bassmans journal and post a link to it, its shocking looking at the results he got

Guess I got them two confused. I can see how this would increase yield and at the same time you don't have to go through the painful task of trimming the leaves once the buds are picked sounds like a win win

I must have a different idea of lolipopin then don, the way I thought was you clear out the under growth and still have branches growing out not just one stem but the defoliation does help with most strains so hey what ever:)

i think lolly pop refers to the shape of a lolly pop, well thats what i was told,

LOL maybe I'am thinking about an all day sucker:)

lol, lets call is shaving the ladies legs when we are talking about a scrog, anything below the skirt needs trimming and kept neat and tidy, anything above the skirt can grow as is, after all we dont want our ladies to have hairy legs do we.
got to keep it trim below the canopy mate,

ill check up on these terms, i always thought lolly popping was the removal of all side branches so it just leaves you with 1 big bud on the main stem,

all good DP, speaking of scrogs I put some new pics up if you havent already seen them:)

Good things going on here! Harvested this beauty finally!! Took me about an hour and a half to trim everything. Main cola is hanging out in a nice cool dry place. Don't have a weight yet but there has got to be at least an ounce easy even once it's dry.

Just before I cut her:

IMG_20121101_092519.jpg
IMG_20121101_092507.jpg
IMG_20121101_092446.jpg

After cut and trim

IMG_20121101_114044.jpg
IMG_20121101_113933.jpg

Lastly drying

IMG_20121101_113832.jpg

had a nice ball of finger hash after handling this stuff should make for some great meds! I can give a semi smoke report which is a nice up high. The original that the seeds came from was the same way up high with the giggles won't leave feeling bad when you come down. I was laying there last night and this was just fuming aroma like she was telling me it was time.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

great grow K you should be proud:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom