Paradise Diesel #2

5th week since seeing the first pistil..please help. mold or deficiency? thanks! i pulled off the lowest flower clusters..i shoulda pulled more pot is hella small

mold or deficiency? please help! :Namaste:

2013-04-16_22-36-13_634.jpg
2013-04-16_22-35-16_989.jpg
2013-04-16_22-33-39_628.jpg
2013-04-16_22-33-16_9.jpg
2013-04-16_22-43-30_336.jpg
2013-04-16_22-35-49_323.jpg

Shes getting fussy toward the end, I'm goin thru the same thing. The yellowing isn't as alarming as the upper leaves going up like that. SO, this is how I look at it, I'm not so conccerned so much as to whats wrong or missing in the nutrients. I don't even think like that, I want to make a comprehensive plan to fix it. Some may disagree, and you'll get a hundred opinions as to EXACTLY what the problem is. This would be my course of action; taking into account where you are in the life cycle of the plant, you want to be gentle, nothing drastic, you're not going to add anything harsh, or some magic treatment.........I would take her in the bathtub, run a coupla gallons of room temp water thru the pot, then i would come back and dress the top of the pot with fresh soil.....let the pot drain completely, then put 3 or 4 cups of water thru that new soil. Let it drain and back under the light. THAT treatment WILL NOT harm your plant.....I don't take chances with plants that are this close to finishing...........not right...not wrong....just me, but you will not hurt your plant by this course of action.

you think mold or deficiency? she has another 4-5 weeks to go. my first set of diesels went 10 weeks or 70 days from first pistil sighting.

Since the marks are only on the top leaves, it may be heat burn as they are the ones closest to the light. Like mcloadie said, you are so close to finishing, you don't want to be doing anything drastic.

The other leaves yellowing are just due to lower nitrogen in your fertilizer.

Plant looks amazing buddy, relax, and play it as it comes.

Peace.

Ok im going to ask a question to mono and mcloadie about your plant. DONT take what im about to say as fact, just an idea at this point, just want some more experience for response to my question.

Couldn't he just cut the higher leafs off at this point??? Seeing he is close to finishing the plants are naturally sucking the nutes out of the leafs, plus like you said it could be caused by light burn. (given the light isnt too close) Removing these leafs not only makes it look healthier, but allows the light to penetrate to the lower branches to get them light. IF there is a mold issue, this would allso help. not saying take all the fan leaves off, but i have seen people do that for last week or so, just leaving untrimmed bud on the plant allowing all nutes to push into the bud and not into the leaves...

again this method is not fact idk if is the best idea, just bouncing it off more experience to test the idea :thanks:

guys..this is not standard. this plant has another 4-5 weeks. my other diesels did not do this. they started to yellow, and just yellow, not do weird things like this 7 weeks from first pistil sighting.

the spots are spreading down the plant as little round brown smudges. i was reading about mobile and immobile nutrients, and im hoping this is a immobile nute deficiency.

is anyone a mold expert? i lost a lot of leaves, and i dont want to lose more! in my book big leaves = big buds!

Ok im going to ask a question to mono and mcloadie about your plant. DONT take what im about to say as fact, just an idea at this point, just want some more experience for response to my question.

Couldn't he just cut the higher leafs off at this point??? Seeing he is close to finishing the plants are naturally sucking the nutes out of the leafs, plus like you said it could be caused by light burn. (given the light isnt too close) Removing these leafs not only makes it look healthier, but allows the light to penetrate to the lower branches to get them light. IF there is a mold issue, this would allso help. not saying take all the fan leaves off, but i have seen people do that for last week or so, just leaving untrimmed bud on the plant allowing all nutes to push into the bud and not into the leaves...

again this method is not fact idk if is the best idea, just bouncing it off more experience to test the idea :thanks:

I'm not too sure to be honest. Cutting the higher leaves off could work at the stage he is in. Like you said, it would certainly increase light to the buds, and help with airflow if it's mold.

However, cutting them off may lead the problem to transfer to new leaves since the old, ill ones have been removed. Also, it may be better to leave them on there as a point of reference until the problem is properly diagnosed.

:)

guys..this is not standard. this plant has another 4-5 weeks. my other diesels did not do this. they started to yellow, and just yellow, not do weird things like this 7 weeks from first pistil sighting.

the spots are spreading down the plant as little round brown smudges. i was reading about mobile and immobile nutrients, and im hoping this is a immobile nute deficiency.

is anyone a mold expert? i lost a lot of leaves, and i dont want to lose more! in my book big leaves = big buds!

First of all, best thing to do is relax and try to rule out the easier possibilities. How close is the light to the top of the plant? What's your average temps and humidity? Have you got good airflow over the canopy?

Could your nutes lack anything? Cal? Mag? Could your plant possibly need to be flushed?

Fact of you being in flowering means you don't want to go making any adjustments until you know what the problem is. Like mcloadie said, best thing to do would be to flush and top dress, and take it from there...

Sure he could bro, after i bust a move to correct anything like this, I remove the damaged leaves so I can see the progression or digression of the issue. All this leaf shading paranoia baffles me sometimes, the leaf at the stem is the main driver for the bud, like a solar panel, I have buds that are completely shaded and still growing...The same thing with defol....you want the plant to grow faster and larger...so you cut the leaves off that are responsible for that? Study your fundamentals, and if it don't make sense...DON'T DO IT! There is NO secret trick to growing...no magic bud juice, no super duper fertilizers, soils...ect., IMHO these are snake oil, you can get bigger buds, more weight, all that.......But something is going to suffer.....probably the reason the commercial weed can't touch the micro grows. The only thing left to suffer is quality. It's super important to me that I produce the cleanest, purest, high potency...no coughin, smoothe ganja.........I hear alotta crap......blah blah blah how the non organic weeds are the same.....bullshit! One of the most rewarding moments of my life was when my main mentor who cussed me for not growin for ten years was on my couch with half an unlit joint in his hand, forgot he was smokin a joint and said;" did you grow this?" This dude smokes half a joint of primo smoke by himself and drops the roach on the ground, and half a pinner of mcloadies stash dropped him in his tracks! BTW, he is coming on his 50th anniversary as a grower, his shit goes for double the goin price!

5th week since seeing the first pistil..please help. mold or deficiency? thanks! i pulled off the flowest flower clusters..i shoulda pulled more pot is hella small

mold or deficiency? please help! :Namaste:

2013-04-16_22-35-49_323.jpg

IN THIS PIC

this is a Phosphorus Deff. idk what your feeding with but make sure you are geting good amounts of that and magnesium because your plants need that to finish strong.

idk if this sounds dumb to ask you, but jsut making sure you are phing your water and what are you phing it to. Curling of the tips usually comes form that, if you have a soil ph tester this allso helps controll

Thank you so much guys! A relief that its not a fungi. I never had to ph but i use tap water. I water/flush with tap then filtered tap last 2 weeks. I use organic fish protein 2-2-2, no micronute claims.

This girl is in peat moss, so my guess is that the ph is pretty low. Gonna check tonight. I think the real issue is the 32oz container and the 16" plant.

Thank you so much guys! A relief that its not a fungi. I never had to ph but i use tap water. I water/flush with tap then filtered tap last 2 weeks. I use organic fish protein 2-2-2, no micronute claims.

This girl is in peat moss, so my guess is that the ph is pretty low. Gonna check tonight. I think the real issue is the 32oz container and the 16" plant.

well there is one of your issues man, phing tap water is a big deal.... water companies have to make water around 7.8 and thats way too high for your plants, you want your ph to be at 6 if not lower.

Its not your major issue but i can tell you its not helping any either. Ph being right makes nutes in the water more availbe to the plant so it can use the nutes your giving them....

also only using a 2-2-2 with no micronutes..... idk how you got two grows off with out this stuff and didnt have these issues. i would go try to get a micronute, and a cal mag nute aswell

haha hell nah man..organic power. i must admit the granular feeds and my compost are MUCH last longer than the water soluble fish. my bag is a 4-4-4 of all types of good stuff and my compost pile is who knows? the fish can and will burn..and doesnt stay in soil so i really try to only do a couple drips as runoff.

peat moss is really acidic and i checked my ph on a couple occasions its actually under 7. i just used a ph strip that i use for pool..pool stays healthy

i really am praying this is not mold. it looks funny in that pic you highlighted.

Both green house seeds, yeah? Their jack herer looks incredible. I know its haze x skunk. Congrats on the babies :)

2 weeks into grow and the Jack Herer and Church plants are nice and green , with three short internodes and about 21/2 3 inches tall, I think in about a week I am going to transplant them into bigger containers and get ready for bloom stage from there...
" does it make a difference if I switch back and forth from CFL's to a 400w HPS on my veg stage? any ideas? "

i fed all plants with a granular 4-4-4 feed..made of a bunch of good stuff all mixed up plus soil life. it smells like poo in my closet now -_-

your plants are telling you what your doing is not working. people are telling you to ph adjust your water. under 7 is not good enough to avoid lock out and deficiency's. you do not need advice to grow cannabis. you need advice to grow better cannabis.

your plants are telling you what your doing is not working. people are telling you to ph adjust your water. under 7 is not good enough to avoid lock out and deficiency's. you do not need advice to grow cannabis. you need advice to grow better cannabis.

i check my ph more then when i started because i can actually tell the difference in my plants the next day after a water or feed..... i can actually tell if my ph was too high or too low just by how my plants react. ONLY way you can know your plants that well tho is to f up a lil lol.... LIL mistakes can make your plant stronger sometimes because the plant rebounds stronger then before.

That being said, try to dial in certain things one at a time so that you yourself can see the difference. because i can type on here till my fingers bleed how to grow dank bud but unless you try it out and see if it works fro yourself you will never see the results you are hearing about.

that chemdawg cross..6 weeks into bloom. last batch of acids/diesels went 10 weeks of bloom.. her buds look so weird they look like aliens lol

2013-04-23_22-48-52_206.jpg
2013-04-23_22-48-20_214.jpg
2013-04-23_22-45-47_189.jpg
2013-04-23_22-45-29_425.jpg
2013-04-23_22-45-19_34.jpg

Back
Top Bottom