TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

I've done some rough estimates based on the weight of the 2 smallest plants, which I harvested first.

Should get to about 470g dry and trimmed up. I will definitely post up numbers in a few days Grizz. I like to let them stew in the jars for a few days before weighing.

Thank you mate

Next grow will start in about 6 or 7 days.

Will be running 2 x skywalker kush, 2 x blue venom and 2 x lost coast OG but the emerald triangle version.

Should be a good one.

I'm subbed to a baby Sky grow, looks good so far and they had nothing but good things to say about Skywalker.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

It will be great to have you along for the ride Miller. Will post the link in this journal when I'm ready. I'm also keen to see the skywalker perform. I'm loving the DNA stuff.

I love some good Kush. A nice balance of head and tingly body if you don't push amber trichs. Kush doesn't have to mean couchlock.

I agree Shiggs. I usually harvest when it's almost 100% cloudy and I can just spot one or 2 ambers. A nice euphoric, tingly buzz with enough head high to let you know you are properly medicated. Pure bliss.

Sign me up for the next one I'm a big Blue Venom fan :)

Done! Let's see if I can get her to perform. It won't be like yours though. I don't have the patience for the level of training you are known for.

I have some dry weights for you guys. Not done yet though. Also, it's funny how the weights go up consecutively with each plant weighed. I didn't plan it like that. First plant weighs the least, and the last plant (which is still drying) will be the heaviest.

- White Rhino : untopped - 59.2g
- Super Skunk : untopped - 71.1g
- Superb OG : topped - 97.6g!!

Still up is the topped white rhino which is easily as big as the Superb OG, if not slightly bigger, and then of course the 2 big girls the EK's.

So, what this tells me is that topping really does increase yield by a fair margin. Do you guys top even the short bushy girls in the group?

Looking at those numbers, and the numbers yet to come from the bigger girls, I should easily hit my original goal of 500g. :thumb:

Me two, I have 1 of 3 NP's Untopped and she will yield at least 1/3 less.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I will top every plant in the next grow. Let's see what happens.

Nice one, I've got a couple of blue venom's I plan on growing at some point. Topping sounds great but would you not get the same result by simply bending the top down & letting the two under-shoots grow...that way you get 3 tops instead of 2! I suppose it depends on preference & vegging time. lot's of different way's, I've got 2 small plants growing outside I might top as well to see how it goes.

:thumb:

Topping sounds great but would you not get the same result by simply bending the top down & letting the two under-shoots grow...that way you get 3 tops instead of 2! I suppose it depends on preference & vegging time.

Depends on what you prefer, you could even go for a FIM and end up with 4+ tops :) I just find with topping the plant is a lot easier to maintain, keeps it shorter and end up with more even canopy rather than christmas tree style. Mind you outdoors im completely opposite, i like to let them go wild out there in the open :) I think it mainly comes down to the grow space you have and what training suits, I would love to try a scrog but its not possible moving such a large structure between tents and still having space available for all my other girls.
I have never tried bending the tops though Sol, do you find it affects the main cola in any way? i guess its a lot like supercropping, i have had some of my best nugs come from them accidental supercropped branches :rofl:

I've screwed up so many attempts at this. It's become a bit of a source of humor to me. I keep trying... sometimes I get it right. Apparently I'm just too damn much of a spaz.

I only get good FIM's when i top them early with tight node spacings, every time ive tried for a FIM i fail miserably :rofl:

I have never tried bending the tops though Sol, do you find it affects the main cola in any way? i guess its a lot like supercropping, i have had some of my best nugs come from them accidental supercropped branches :rofl:

Haha they are crazy plants, just when you think they're damaged because you broke the branch they turn out to be the best damn smoke you ever had :rofl:

Anyway it's the first time I ever bent them or LST so I can't really tell what the result will be like. The main cola's are smaller than they would have been otherwise but I think this is compensated by having more of them. That's the only effect I can see. I'm sure there are ways of evenly distributing the plants energy so that all the shoots get the same amount & hence grow to the same height & width but I'm far from that level of expertise lol!

I tried fim & supercropping in my last grow. I know lots of people love supercropping & say the potency increases etc but I don't like the idea of breaking branches if they can be bent instead...im sure the potency levels are hardly noticeable, at least I didn't think so. Fim was cool, I think it worked to some degree since I got a few branches from it lol!

I found that topping once gives me 4 tops, not 2. I think it's because topping slows the terminal shoot/s, and allows the other 2 smaller ones to catch up. If you look back at the harvest pics from the topped plants you will see more than 2 big colas laid out on the paper toweling. The last 4 harvest pics are all topped plants, and the first 2 are untopped if you want to check. The last 2 are bad examples because they were packed with big tops, but that's because I was forced to supercrop them as well due to their size, which is what you were referring to Sol.

Back
Top Bottom