K-Frat's Soil Skunk Diesel Closet Grow Journal -2012

These pics don't do this girl no justice. My apologies for being out of focus.
IMG_20120925_123939.jpg
IMG_20120925_123838.jpg
IMG_20120925_123714.jpg
IMG_20120925_123631.jpg
IMG_20120925_123509.jpg
IMG_20120925_123504.jpg
These two are close ups I tried to get with the hps light.
IMG_20120924_080713.jpg
IMG_20120924_080654.jpg

Another 2-3 weeks then i will begin the pre harvest flush.

They aint bad pictures :) your girl is beautifull!
you should be proud.

Thank you! My phone had died on me and when I got another one i realised when i went to take a picture that the auto focus is a bit off and there is no flash :rollingeyes:. Better than not having one at all so im greatful. I am on pins and needles waiting for this baby to finsh!

Thank you! My phone had died on me and when I got another one i realised when i went to take a picture that the auto focus is a bit off and there is no flash :rollingeyes:. Better than not having one at all so im greatful. I am on pins and needles waiting for this baby to finsh!

K-Frat........to me it's the worst pat of growing........the waiting. :high-five:

Then we do it all over again! :rofl:

Trichs are showing little more cloudy than clear no amber from what I can tell so far I can't get a loop or scope right now so im using a set off binoculars backwards works almost the same as a loop. Starting to rethink harvest date....when should I begin the flush based on were the trichs are right now?

well I would say start it now. she has enough stored energy to last till harvest, even if it takes 2weeks

thanks! I am going to use up the rest of the Ripen batch of BPN I have mixed so im not waisting any nutes then flush from there. I found a nice sized bud that was all milky I picked drying it on my ballast then going to jar it and forget about it (yeah right...) going to test it sometime this weekend!
IMG_20121005_010354.jpg
IMG_20121005_010412.jpg

hi mate, sounds like your not far from harvest then mate, i been off line a while and its taking time to get caught.
thought id share something with you, with the last plant i harvested i tried 2 drying methods, i hung half the buds that was still on the stem and the other half of the plant i cut all the buds off the stem and placed them on a flat drying surface, i used a box for this test, i placed or the loose buds inside the box and spread them out,
i did this to find out which method dried them the best, when they was both dry i found that their was no difference in the quality or smoke of the buds, but i did find that the buds i put on the drying surface dried about a week and a half quicker then the buds that was hanging, i think the stems keep the moisture in the buds a whole lot longer, so the buds i took off the stem dried very quick and the quality was the same, the only thing i had to do was turn the buds every day or 2 to make them dry even on both sides, but i did dry mine on cardboard so some kind of mesh or fine netting would dry them even quicker and dry them more even,

Hey don.paul thanks for stopping by!! I have been planning my harvest and was thinking about what way to go when drying/curing. Thanks for sharing your findings on hanging vs. bag/box method. I was recently reading ranger danger's post on the subject and was going to follow it when I also got the idea of using like a shoe box to dry my harvest out which brings me to your findings. I am going to for sure going to try the method with the bag and with the box and see how it goes. I am also curious as to how a silica packet would work out adding it to the box/bag/jar. Normally after drying and placing it in a jar you would have to burp it everyday or so to remove any excess moisture and I am wanting to know if these packets would help aid in getting the last of the moisture out of the buds. When I got home tonight I checked on my bud that I posted earlier and even though the trichs were cloudy the caylx are not quite were they need to be. Staying positive and patient until then end as always! i will keep you all posted as things happen:peace:

Hey don.paul thanks for stopping by!! I have been planning my harvest and was thinking about what way to go when drying/curing. Thanks for sharing your findings on hanging vs. bag/box method. I was recently reading ranger danger's post on the subject and was going to follow it when I also got the idea of using like a shoe box to dry my harvest out which brings me to your findings. I am going to for sure going to try the method with the bag and with the box and see how it goes. I am also curious as to how a silica packet would work out adding it to the box/bag/jar. Normally after drying and placing it in a jar you would have to burp it everyday or so to remove any excess moisture and I am wanting to know if these packets would help aid in getting the last of the moisture out of the buds. When I got home tonight I checked on my bud that I posted earlier and even though the trichs were cloudy the caylx are not quite were they need to be. Staying positive and patient until then end as always! i will keep you all posted as things happen:peace:

howdy K, I think that your on the right track. I dont know how to link but if you go say to a cigar store or site you will find that they sell humidity pacs that maintain a 62% humidity wich is to me the optimum level to store your buds in also the point where you want to stop drying. but to each their own:)

ive heard heard that as well, i did try drying some using the same sylica packs but mine came in a box of trainers, so i used this in a jar and it seemed to work.
when i dried in a box i left the lid open but the box was in a dark cupboard, just make sure you turn the buds every day or 2 to prevent them squashing on the one side, mine dried around a week or more quicker than hanging the buds, the buds are smaller as your cutting them off the stem so you dont get a big long bud but it does dry quicker, try both methods mate, hang some and put some in a box and see how it works for you, that way you can sample both and see what you prefer, i used the box and it dried a whole lot quicker, plus i found it smoked exactly the same,
ive not tried the bag method as i think the buds would stick together as it would be hard to keep them seperated, you would only need to move the bag and the buds would touch each other and this would cause mould issues so its not something i would try,

the box is quicker i used an old trainer box and left the lid open to stop any moist air building up, then before i went to bed id give the box a gentle shake and then turn the buds over, they do dry quicker but see what works best for you, its your bud mate so id give both a try then that way you can test them both and see if you will use the box method in the future, you might find its not for you but i found no problems, the buds look identical when dry, all mine is in jars now and i cant tell you which buds where hung and which was in the box, their identical, even smoke the same, no difference what so ever, the only difference i found is the drying time.
i think keeping the buds on the stem slows down drying due to the stem holding a lot more moisture as this is what feeds the water to the leaves so this will hold a lot of moisture, plus the stem is hard so it would take a while to dry out, i did consider hanging the buds and cutting a slit down the length of the stem to speed up the process but i never got round to trying it, ill give it a try with this harvest ill be doing soon, ill let you know what happens

howdy K, I think that your on the right track. I dont know how to link but if you go say to a cigar store or site you will find that they sell humidity pacs that maintain a 62% humidity wich is to me the optimum level to store your buds in also the point where you want to stop drying. but to each their own:)

I picked up a nice size cigar box have a humidor coin already for when I have a bag of tobacco helps so it don't dry out but keep it fresh.

the box is quicker i used an old trainer box and left the lid open to stop any moist air building up, then before i went to bed id give the box a gentle shake and then turn the buds over, they do dry quicker but see what works best for you

Don.Paul I am going to try this with method with a cigar box.

I also am going to try the bag method, the key is to just fill the bottom then turning every day or two too much in one bag would surely invite mould. A couple silca packs would help pull the moisture to help drying. I am going to document this and report results.

id be interested in the bag method, let us know how it goes mate, il continue to use both the hanging method and the shoe box method, well the box i use had my wireless modem in it so its about the size of a shoe box, so i will hang some still on the stem and put some in a box as well, but with the buds i hang im going to cut a slit along the length of the stem on some of the hung stems, then i can see if they dry quicker with a slit in the stem, i dont want to affect quality but when i sampled the box dried and the hung dried buds they was both the same, i could just sample the one around 5 days sooner than the other, but they all went into the same jar to cure,

ok so about a week into my flush she started getting real heavy. in the course of turning her and not tying of the top for support I ended up with a break. The break does not show on the outside but a considerable lean tells me she is in shock from it. Swelling has stopped and trichromes stopped developing. I have not been able to do much I have had alot on my plate. I am still only watering no nutes I am hoping at this stage that she will recover and resume. I have to ask if this has happened to anyone and if so how should i go about the finishing? nutriend application schedule etc...

can you splint the break or tape it up?. as long as it conects and not exsposed to air it should either heal or atleast live till harvest.

can you splint the break or tape it up?. as long as it conects and not exsposed to air it should either heal or atleast live till harvest.

The break is on the inside the stem there is no actual breakage on the outer.

The break is on the inside the stem there is no actual breakage on the outer.

well then I can offer no advice only good vibes:)

Back
Top Bottom