New Scotland Guerilla Grow

It could have been some wind but judging by the colours of some of the leaves it seemed more like N def. Wind would be more localised to the edges of the leaves rather than leaves lacking colour. It seems to have done them well though and all looking healthy. Went out today and gave them half strength bio bizz bloom. Should expect to see some explosive growth within the next couple of weeks. Weather continues to remain warm, sunny and dry so trips out every 5 days seems to be doing the job and will continue to do so till we get a rainy day or 2. Couple of group shots, then next 2 are the polar express and the other are the amnesia haze. The ak49's are showing some pistils yet the gg (very small), auto ak and buddha are yet to show anything. Strawberry blue is doing well.

Been great weather since u put them out and supposed to continue for another week at least, hopefully they make the most of it. Always wanted a geurilla but between Scotlands shite weather and traffic around the wooded area's near me i have been put off.

Been great weather since u put them out and supposed to continue for another week at least, hopefully they make the most of it. Always wanted a geurilla but between Scotlands shite weather and traffic around the wooded area's near me i have been put off.

Don't let the weather put you off. Put in a bit of effort and get something in return. Weed grown by the sun is so much better. May not get rock hard nugs if not enough sun but still good though.

As for traffic I guess you mean human traffic. If you can find an area out of the way and you got transport then easy enough to find a place. Take a day walking near some fields and wooded areas near farms and stuff.

Don't let the weather put you off. Put in a bit of effort and get something in return. Weed grown by the sun is so much better. May not get rock hard nugs if not enough sun but still good though.

As for traffic I guess you mean human traffic. If you can find an area out of the way and you got transport then easy enough to find a place. Take a day walking near some fields and wooded areas near farms and stuff.

So many good spots within 5 mins walk of me but alot of human traffic. I say im gonna do it every summer and end up leaving it to late but i will just man up at some point and go for it. Every Scotsman has that point when he just says fuck it i am doing it lol

So many good spots within 5 mins walk of me but alot of human traffic. I say im gonna do it every summer and end up leaving it to late but i will just man up at some point and go for it. Every Scotsman has that point when he just says fuck it i am doing it lol

Human traffic can be a problem. Even for me yesterday i had a chopper out above me so had to abandon my trip for an hour or so till the coast was clear (they were looking for someone) and also had a father and daughter that werent far behind me so i just made it look like i was out for a walk. Also seen an abandoned tent hanging from a tree with a fire built not far from it. That was in the last 5 days so i know someone has been close to my site (but not too close). Best scope out a site during the autum and if you can then prep it up, cover with black bags/plastic once done. Start off seeds indoors at begin of april and take them out mid may. Even the last 3 or 4 years i didnt get my plants out until begin of june (as my journals show). Only do a few outdoors just in case. If you can afford to lose out then cool. If not then best leave it if money is tight for you. 5 mins walk is good but personally the longer it takes to get to a site, less human traffic you encounter on the way the better. Find some woods and look for a clearing. If the site is awkward to get to you for you then it will be difficult for others as well.

Human traffic can be a problem. Even for me yesterday i had a chopper out above me so had to abandon my trip for an hour or so till the coast was clear (they were looking for someone) and also had a father and daughter that werent far behind me so i just made it look like i was out for a walk. Also seen an abandoned tent hanging from a tree with a fire built not far from it. That was in the last 5 days so i know someone has been close to my site (but not too close). Best scope out a site during the autum and if you can then prep it up, cover with black bags/plastic once done. Start off seeds indoors at begin of april and take them out mid may. Even the last 3 or 4 years i didnt get my plants out until begin of june (as my journals show). Only do a few outdoors just in case. If you can afford to lose out then cool. If not then best leave it if money is tight for you. 5 mins walk is good but personally the longer it takes to get to a site, less human traffic you encounter on the way the better. Find some woods and look for a clearing. If the site is awkward to get to you for you then it will be difficult for others as well.

Chopper is a problem here, its out at least once/twice a month i think this might be a training route due to the amount of forest and there's a a big river also.

Advice appreciated, going for it with a few auto's next year, If it's a winner good stuff if not its not the end of world still got my indoor.

Hey Glasgrow, sending your girls good vibes. I imagine they'll need all the luck they can get!

Well luck does play some part in it like no-one burning the long grass nearby (happened to my intended site so had to abandon it, no-one finding and stealing or destroying your crop, and some decent weather. Even with cloudy days they will still get plenty of light. The site will get the best of the early hours of the sun (have heard morning sun is better than afternoon sun) with no interruptions as the site is open but shielded away from prying eyes. There is a tree which will block out the light partially during early evening and then the bushes around the site cast a shadow from (currently) around 8pm.

Well luck does play some part in it like no-one burning the long grass nearby (happened to my intended site so had to abandon it, no-one finding and stealing or destroying your crop, and some decent weather. Even with cloudy days they will still get plenty of light. The site will get the best of the early hours of the sun (have heard morning sun is better than afternoon sun) with no interruptions as the site is open but shielded away from prying eyes. There is a tree which will block out the light partially during early evening and then the bushes around the site cast a shadow from (currently) around 8pm.
How often do you reckon people see your crop and just go "huh, that's pretty neat" and then carry on their merry way ?

I dont think anyone or very many people venture across my crop. It is well out the way for people to stumble across it accidently. If we get a good downpour of rain then it even lss likely for people to come across it as the ground is very soft underneath.

What a difference a week or so makes. Plants have shot up, well most have, but am now encountering some problems so any input from you guys will help immensely. Firstly a couple of groups shots:

Secondly a picture of the biggest and healthiest looking plant (one of the ak49's):

Next the strawberry blue which is spreading out the way and will be difficult to cover when it comes to force flowering:

Next is one of the polar express:

Now to the problems. Not sure which one has this problem (think it either the magnum or the other polar express) - PM!!! Didn't think this would be a problem so early on. Luckily I think it localised on either 1 or 2 plants. Pulled out what bits I could see but the rest will need to be treated with h2o2 solution tomorrow night. Can't get back out again today and with the really sunny and dry weather we been having (apart from a fairly big downpour sat night/sun morning which the ground needed) it best to do it at sunset so I don't burn the leaves with the sun through the water droplets. Will spray every single plant and will continue to do so for the remainder of the grow to prevent it from spreading. Here the pics:

Have had a deer or something much off the top of 1 of my amnesia haze, this was the first one that started flowering and was probably the better of the 2 that was growing. Am now gonna cover the entire plot with some netting to prevent the others having the same fate.

Here is a sight that no-one wants to see - balls on a feminised plant. The pic isn't very clear but you can just about make them out. Hopefully this is all that will be there. I picked them off and they weren't spilling pollen so placed then under the soil to prevent them opening and fertilising the other plants.

The last problem I have is that god damn cuckoo spit. Found it on a few of the plants and in ther there was some kind of mad bug growing in it. Sort of like a caterpillar but only 5mm in length, fat and you could see eyes on it. Removed what i found. Any ideas on how to combat that problem? Couldn't get a pic of them but thinking I may spray the plants with some water mixed with washing up liquid along with the h2o2.

I initially went out to give them a water with treacle and just a wee check up. Just as well i didn't leave them any longer of the problems could have been much worse.

I went with the h2o2 method. That is also good for killing bugs. Took the PM off that i could find with kitchen roll wettened with h2o2 solution. Took off some affected leaves and threw away in a plastic bag to prevent any spreading. All plants were heavily sprayed on top, under leaves and around the stem and any forming buds. Note to self and others - once outdoors best to spray with h2o2 solution every visit to prevent mould from the offset. Wont help with budrot though.

Now some pics of every individual plant. Will do the same again in around 2 weeks time.

Ak 49's (x5)

Now the gorilla glue. Very slow growth but starting to bud. Also had PM overnight! The pic was taken before I removed PM.

This is the ak auto i think or perhaps the bhudda. Will need to inspect my notes and find out which is which. This is the 1 where I snipped its balls off!

Now the strawberry blue. Strange how from the start it threw up 3 main branches like it had been topped in some weird way.

The next 2 are 1 pic of 1 of the polar express plants but from 2 angles. Somehow forgot the other 1.

Next are the 2 amnesia haze. As you will note 1 of them had a top muched off it so I snipped it off on the main stem down to where the other 2 branches are. Effectively it has now been topped but growth will slow somewhat while it repairs itself. The other is just a big lollipop of buds!

Finally the last plant which I think is the buddha. I had a problem with keeping a track of the buddha and ak auto as I moved them while vegging but forgot to note what was what. Am sure I will be able to figure it out as time goes on. Will look at other pics others have done and will also be able to tell from the buds that form.

I also got round to covering the entire plot with some meshing so this should keep deer at bay. I ended up accidently snapping couple of the bamboo canes so needed to rearrange some bits. Had to tie some string to one part of the fencing and pull it back to another piece of cane stuck in the ground away from the site to give it support and stop it collapsing. There are two downsides to this meshing though. Firstly I didn't tie twice around the meshing so a strong gust of wind may pull it off and could get wrapped round the plants. The reason I tied once is that I may have to take it off at subsequent visits so one tie is easier to untangle. That is also the second problem as now it has a cover I have no easy way to get in to inspect the plants closely. Here are a couple of group shots, 1 from each side.

Actually made a mistake. The first pic in the ak49's is actually the gorilla glue, the pic that says it gorilla glue is ak49. That small 1 was 1 of the late starters. Also looked at my notes but still unable to determine which is the magnum and which is the ak auto. Cant seem to find from the seedbank anything on an ak auto. Will just need to wait and see.

Good grief, nearly 2 weeks since I last wrote anything on here. Things have gone well recently. Was out earlier in the week after the heavy rain and wind and all was ok. PM seems to be under control now with there looking like there are no new outbreaks so continuing to foliar spray with h2o2 for prevention. Also went out with bug spray earlier on in the week. Having major problems with thrips and the other beasties that are out there and the gorilla glue has holes over some of the leaves. The spray is suitable for eadible crops so can be used on my plants and the other beasties are just part and parcel of growing outdoors but wont cause any major issues. The gorilla glue hasn't started budding but it looks like it is possibly getting there, 1 of the ak 49's hasn't started to bud at all and the buddha is now flowering. All the rest are doing fine. Also sprayed the plants with some epsom salts as looked like they were short on magnesium. Have read it is good for plants and not so easy to over fert with them.

The first shot is the group shot upong arriving at the site.

The buddha was seeming to grow a nanner. This was promptly removed. Am surprised that this is the second plant showing male parts. No proper reason for it as no stress or bad seeds.

Here are the amnesia hazes. These look close to finishing. Will take a look at the trich's next time I am up. Buds are quite dense but seem as though they will fill out.

The next 2 are of the biggest ak49. Looks really good but the rest of the ak 49's are all flowering at different rates. May have to harvest these in stages.

Here is the centre piece - strawberry blue. It has 4 main branches and the stems and branches are getting really thick. This will need supported once they start budding. Not sure how i am gonna cover it to force flower as I need airflow. Left with a cover on it may cause too much condensation so will see how I will get past that problem. You guys got any ideas? Will place and remove cover every 12 hours and then leave it for the normal light after a week of doing so as I cant get out every day to remove/replace cover for several weeks. Will do this around mid-end july. Start flowering by august and finish by end of september.

Finally some group shots. I re-done the meshing, the top cover and the canes. It was badly needing done so went out and re-did the whole site and took my time to get it right. And you may note from the pics that in a couple of places there is some twine beig held by the canes and pulled back by smaller canes stuck in the ground. This was to give a bit of extra support but also to pull the meshing away from the plants. The ground all around has been ripped up of grass growing through. It was in major need of tidying up.

I agree. The recent rain has soaked the ground thoroughly so no heavy lugging for at least a week although there is another heatwave approaching so will need to keep an eye on how hot it gets. Will need to get some separate feed for the SB as that will still need more N, the rest are not needing any more N just now. Hoping that I will be able to start chopping some of them soon but will need done in stages as the different strains will be finishing at different times and some of the same strains will need chopped at different times. Want to have them all chopped at their optimum window but may have to make one or 2 sacrifices as I dont have the room to dry lots of plants in lots of places so even if 1 or 2 plants are not quite ready but a couple are then may have to chop them altogether just to get them done.

Back
Top Bottom