Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

What made it even worse was on my way out the 3 lads passed me and asked if there was anything up that way (the direction i had come from). I said dunno, dont think so. I could hardly challenge all 3 of them nor could i get my fone out and take a pic of them and report them. I knew what they had done, they knew what they had done, and they probably knew i knew as well. Could hardly go to the police with the info as what could i say i was doing that way anyway. Finding a new spot is gonna be hard, especially one that gets a lot of light and that is secure too.

If i had a car then yes. Easy to find a remote place somewhere. I know of plenty of forests where there are a lot of pine trees but dont think that type of ground is suitable - too acidic or too much alkaline or something like that. I know i could add stuff to adjust the PH but that costs extra money and time and would also need to add extra compost - something i was hoping to avoid doing this year. If i had an axe i could venture further into the forest nearby and cut down some spindly trees and make a decent clearing but i dont have an axe.

I may be able to find somewhere else and get my mate to drive me out there but then would rely on him driving me back and forth, closer by was for ease of convenience. Damn yobs, just have to go out searching next week and see what i can find that is nearby and secure. It unlikely i'll be able to use my current spot as the fire service will be there for a few days and possibly the police as well. Will take a look next week and scope the place out, if i am lucky neither will be there and the clean up will have been completed.

If i had a car then yes. Easy to find a remote place somewhere. I know of plenty of forests where there are a lot of pine trees but dont think that type of ground is suitable - too acidic or too much alkaline or something like that. I know i could add stuff to adjust the PH but that costs extra money and time and would also need to add extra compost - something i was hoping to avoid doing this year. If i had an axe i could venture further into the forest nearby and cut down some spindly trees and make a decent clearing but i dont have an axe.

I may be able to find somewhere else and get my mate to drive me out there but then would rely on him driving me back and forth, closer by was for ease of convenience. Damn yobs, just have to go out searching next week and see what i can find that is nearby and secure. It unlikely i'll be able to use my current spot as the fire service will be there for a few days and possibly the police as well. Will take a look next week and scope the place out, if i am lucky neither will be there and the clean up will have been completed.

Aw shite! Terrible luck mate. You'll probably have more trouble down the line at that spot ey? I'd strongly reccomend a pine forest clearing, just add 2 handfulls of Dolomite lime per digout. I brush away the needley layer and use around the top three inches of surrounding soil to add to your mix, In my experience it tends to turn to clay after that in Pineland.Last year I had a bit of a scare myself. I was at my forest spot and a yellow helicopter came flying directly over my plants slowly, I'd heard the hum approaching whilst filling up from the stream nearby and dived behind a large log, I peeked over and saw that It then proceeded to land at the bottom of the small hill I was on, I fucking shat it and legged it through the dense woods with all my gear, pick spade rucksack etc.only to get to the bottom and see that there had been a traffic accident and someone was being airlifted out of they're. The things we have to go through! Shame that you have no wheels, all exept one of my old patches were more than 4 miles and a 15 min hike away.. I've grown in raised growbags in swampy areas too man. You'll sort it mate, just dedicate this weekend to scouting out a nice new spot.

I used to grow in a fake set of draws at my dads house, got away with it for a while too! Until he heard a slight hum and sourced it. Get this mate, filtered and quiet. Just leave the tv on if anyone goes in the room. Surely you can convince her to let ya.

s-l160015.jpg

Aw shite! Terrible luck mate. You'll probably have more trouble down the line at that spot ey? I'd strongly reccomend a pine forest clearing, just add 2 handfulls of Dolomite lime per digout. I brush away the needley layer and use around the top three inches of surrounding soil to add to your mix, In my experience it tends to turn to clay after that in Pineland.Last year I had a bit of a scare myself. I was at my forest spot and a yellow helicopter came flying directly over my plants slowly, I'd heard the hum approaching whilst filling up from the stream nearby and dived behind a large log, I peeked over and saw that It then proceeded to land at the bottom of the small hill I was on, I fucking shat it and legged it through the dense woods with all my gear, pick spade rucksack etc.only to get to the bottom and see that there had been a traffic accident and someone was being airlifted out of they're. The things we have to go through! Shame that you have no wheels, all exept one of my old patches were more than 4 miles and a 15 min hike away.. I've grown in raised growbags in swampy areas too man. You'll sort it mate, just dedicate this weekend to scouting out a nice new spot.

We will go through all lengths to get our crop harvestes. Not sure if i will have more trouble at that spot. Now it been torched those lads are unlikely to go back there especially if they think they have been seen. The big problem i now have with that area is will it be patrolled by police or even a farmland owner nearby, or that the tall grass may not grow back (which meant the site was hidden from view) and even some hedges and trees which kept the site hidden may now be damaged.

Pine trees does sound like a good idea but like i said - no wheels or transport so that idea is out the window. Cant look for a site this weekend as rain is forecast (big problem with midges then) and i also got my wee boy and a 22 mile run on sat so having to leave the search till next week now. It also allows any heat to die down which may be present up there as i still need to collect my meshing and bamboo canea to setup a site.

Any yes, near harvest would have been worse. I think i would have swung for all 3 of those guys had that happened.

As for the stealth grow inside - she will never allow it and got kids to think about as well as parents visiting. Took a bit of convincing to do 1 plant on the balcony after doing 3 last year. I'll get a new site, just need to scout about and think about it carefully.

Last year in early spring there was a brush fire not far from me. When fir dept arrived they stumbled onto 300+ plus plants. Cops were called and killed the entire pit site. Their were some pissed off growers no doubt. Good thing you hadnt planted yet.

Got out today to survey potential new site and to check on what damage had been done by those wee b*stards. Damage done:
20170517_151852.jpg

Here you can see from a distance what had been done. Burned right down to the ground and very little chance it will grow back this year. My site that i was sorting had seemed almost unscathed by the fire apart from 1 roll of meshing burnt in half and split into 2 pieces and the other meshing that was supported by bamboo canes was still there but had fallen over. The 3rd site from last year was completely destroyed so lost 2 rolls of meshing there. The bamboo canes i had planked on my hasty exit were still there but the 2 rolls of meshing were completely melted down (sitting beside a fallen tree which had caught fire). The pic sitting below shows the area i was looking at moving to this year. No damage but unsure if it will be safe or not, no police tape or any sign of fire brigade being up there.
20170517_153041.jpg

Potential sites that am also looking at - 1 down a hill near some thorny gorse bushes and dont think it can be seen from the path i was on. The others are 2 near some grassy area near trees (only 1 pic as the other looks very similar). If the grass grows a bit higher then should be ok from view of potential dog walkers (did see 3 small bits of dog poo while up that way but they no come down to where these areas are). Last pic is within some young trees and cant be seen from the path nearby but not sure if the trees will keep out too much light. I may add this path is a proper path that has been there for years but is not a frequently used path as i was there for a fair while earlier and seen no people nor did i see much in the way of rubbish being dumped showing human traffic use that path much.
20170517_143310.jpg
20170517_144134.jpg
20170517_144848.jpg

Was thinking that myself. Am placing all my eggs in one basket and planting in 1 site rather than 2 or 3 sites. Easier to tend to one site and will ensure all get the same amount of light. Also when i cover with plastic one site from the sky just looks like dumped plaatic rather than several dotted around which could arouse suspicion. It is also easier to build a solid perimiter and will require less meshing and also less time at the site itself. I am changing my method of growing this year to what my original plan was. It going to take time to dig up a large area and more time to get soil up there. It not an easy trek and carrying bags of soil there will be extremely tiring and carting it there will be difficult as well. There are 2 accessible routes with 1 being so much easier than the other and also arouses less suspicion. I will till the soil as best i can with a small spade and then make a perimiter around the site similar to last year. I will cut back what long grass i can around the outer edge to prevent slugs/snails gaining a route through and will be using extra slug pellets to protect my site. I know if i spend more time digging i can make the site easier to protect from slugs but i dont really have the time or any pals i can ask to help me so am having to cut a couple of corners.

As time goes by i may take some small bags of soil and place around the base of each plant which should help extra roots grow from the main stem. If things do change then i will update you guys soon.

Plants are now out 24/7 on my balcony so are completely hardened off. Weather supposed to be good over the coming days and no low temps anymore which is good. Just looking for the stems to thicken up a bit and then get a time to transplant outdoors. Am hoping for a good summer with lots of sunshine and the occasional downpour to help with watering them.

Good luck Glasgrow, i remember the days of spending all night digging and packing soil into my pit sites. lots of good memories though.

I have a small collapsible spade for digging (the ones you use for camping). Hell of a hard to do digging with that yet a big spade would be easier and also a garden fork but cant really walk down the road with them and disappear into a field and wooded area - would get spotted. Cant go out at night either. If i can get my pal to help at least take soil up with me then i can just lay that on the grass otherwise carrying soil is a no go.

That site in the 1st pic faces slightly south. It also fairly open but away from eyes unless someone happens to go off the beaten track and walk right into it. Like i said human traffic is minimal and will further inspect it for good measure from a few angles, would hate to get it just wrong and visible from 1 point of view. That area is open to sunshine pretty much most of the day so will get plenty of good light, just need to make sure i space the plants out correctly so they arent shading each other.

Back
Top Bottom