Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Nice to see you back ginganinja. Hope all is well with you.

Here is a pic of my granddaddy purple on my balcony. Not done much but had to cut off the first leaves that appear after cotyledons as they were withering. Was potted up around the same time as the rest went outside and gave it full strength feed last night. Weather here has been somewhat not good recently. Plenty of rain so not needing to go out and water for a while but the sun is not making much of an appearance which is hampering growth. If i average out 7g from each plant i will be happy as am only growing for personal use so from 20 plants i will have 5oz which is plentiful for me and my other half.

20170615_170304.jpg

Am not worried about the rain effecting the slug pellets i have out. Had heavy rain last week for around 3 days and went out late at night to check them and could still see plenty. May take a trip out in the next 2 days to take some pictures and to give a full strength bloom feed to all plants.

Nice to see you back ginganinja. Hope all is well with you.

Here is a pic of my granddaddy purple on my balcony. Not done much but had to cut off the first leaves that appear after cotyledons as they were withering. Was potted up around the same time as the rest went outside and gave it full strength feed last night. Weather here has been somewhat not good recently. Plenty of rain so not needing to go out and water for a while but the sun is not making much of an appearance which is hampering growth. If i average out 7g from each plant i will be happy as am only growing for personal use so from 20 plants i will have 5oz which is plentiful for me and my other half.

20170615_170304.jpg

Am not worried about the rain effecting the slug pellets i have out. Had heavy rain last week for around 3 days and went out late at night to check them and could still see plenty. May take a trip out in the next 2 days to take some pictures and to give a full strength bloom feed to all plants.

Thanks bud, it's good to be back ..

I'm glad you got another site sorted out before getting the girls in the ground.

I'll pm you for a catch up ...

Looking good drgrow. No idea how mine is going. Trying not to go out untill it is needed. Have now had some decent weather so it will be helping with growth and hope that more is on the way as it is needed. Had too much rain since they went outside but it does mean that i dont need to travel out with any water although i will be heading out with some nutes on my next visit and will take some pics.

I got a couple of seeds sitting in my fridge which i found in some weed i got. 1 is a superskunk and the other i cant remember where it came from but i think it was from an autoflowering plant of some kind. Gonna germ them and place out near my old site with some slug pellets to prevent damage and a wee cage for each 1 (or 1 cage for the 2 together). Will just leave them and see what happens. If 1 happens to be male and the other female i may just let them pollinate each other and be left with a bunch of seeds. Not too fussed about either of them so it just a wee experiment and if i get something from them then great, if not then it no biggie. If they are both male then will take the pollen off them and store it to breed some seeds next year.

Hey ginga - sent you a PM back.

Update time. Went out to my site and all is looking sort of well. All plants still alive but not much in the way of growth. All are showing pistils apart from the kc45 (took a pic of each 1 and they are the last 2 pics). Plants were badly needing nutrients which they got today. Mixed up some veg nutes (half strength) along with bloom nutes at 1.5ml per litre and gave them a good feed. Had a fair bit of rain a few days ago but the ground was pretty dry as it been warm and sunny the past 4/5 days so may need to go up with extra waterings if the weather continues this way. There is some rain forecast for tonight so they will be looking forward to it. I think my not laying compost will be a contributing factor to the plants not being bigger than they should be. Just as well i went out today as the slug pellets were pretty much done so i now know that 10 days is longest i can wait (with intermittent rain) before i need to go out and reapply them.

20170622_162740.jpg
20170622_162809.jpg
20170622_162839.jpg
20170622_162852.jpg
20170622_162927.jpg
20170622_162933.jpg

Will be heading out next week to re-organise the meshing and to rip up a lot of the surrounding grass. Will have at least 1 extra pair of hands to help if not 2.

The other 2 seeds that i had - the super skunk has cracked with a 1cm taproot and been planted straight into soil, the other (i think it pink grapefruit) hasnt shown any signs of cracking. The shell was very weak when i took it out the bag and it crumbled slightly so not holding out much hope for that one bit will see if ot develops over the next week or so.

Finally the granddaddy purple has now started sprouting side branches at all the nodes. Gonna wait till the newest top node has fully developed (2 or 3 days i reckon) before topping it and leaving it to heal. This will be my first attempt at topping a plant properly so hoping it all goes well. Will post a pic of before and after topping when i get round to doing it this weekend.

Thanks for that! Your advise is really jiveing with my understanding of what I've read here in 420 Magazine!! As a 1st grower it is so cool how I'm getting all the information neede at the time ...

Welcome green guy. While i hear what you are saying i am following a similar path to what i did last year but making some ammendments. I dont have the room nor equipment to grow indoors and with a young family i dont intend to until they have either left home or reach an age where they will understand.

As you may not have noted i am growing outdoors in the ground so there is no restriction on roots becoming rootbound other than while i have them at home in small pots. Small pots are used for ease of discretion and for ease of transportation to the site when the weather gets better. I used 2L pots once for my 1st ever outdoor grow and transporting the 4 of them to the site was a nightmare!

I grew 2 autos on my balcony last year in 9-10L pots and they did not become rootbound but did have a fairly sizeable rootball on both of them. They both had 1 transplant from a wee propogator tray straight into final home.

While i am no newb to growing i do not claim to be an expert either and still encounter problems. If i had the room, money and no family i would invest in a grow box (or build one) have a decent 600W HPS and have a NFT hydro system in place thus increasing yields dramitically (worked well for me before and i know a guy on here that can pull over 400g per 1 auto plant, yes, just 1). Would also have intake and output air holes with a carbon filter to reduce the smell.

For me the final product is what i am looking for with minimal time, effort and cash with minimising the risk of getting caught from growing indoors. I would normally spend £60(+) per month on 7g(+) of really good weed so if i have grown it myself then no need to buy and will have enough to last me till i do another grow next year. I will probably spend in the region of £100 on this grow so would need to pull 10g just to cover costs, easily done. Any equipment bought means i dont need to buy it for the following year meaning the only things i would need to buy are seeds, soil (maybe) and plant food (maybe).

You think of this art as I do!!! I knew there had to be someone out there who sees it like I do! Have it pay you back by ease of the next batch! ..

420-magazine-mobile258555378.jpg
my friend has been trying to persuade me to chop this plant down. But i think we should leave it longer. Any suggestions?

Looking at the trich's will give best indication of when to chop. Also check the weather. If rain due and you cant get the plant covered to keep off rain or it difficult to get out and give a good shake after rain then you gotta watch out for budrot. If u can then try build a wee cover for it. Get some bamboo canes and clear plastic, tie plastic to top of canes and place canes around the plant, that will allow sunlight through, keep the rain off and because the plastic is on the top and not round the sides you still allow good airflow.

25%-35% amber trich's is my preference. I prefer a gouchy effect but obviously different strains will be different stone with that amount of amber trich's.

Cheers for your help glasgrow but a cover is out of the question. It will get spotted straight away. The lower buds were starting to get amber trichs. I nipped a couple of the lower buds that looked ok to harvest and thought i would leave the rest until next week. I will check on them in a couple of days and keep an eye on the weather. Its been windy today but no rain. Theres plenty moisture in the ground already so im hoping for more hot sunny days

Finally the granddaddy purple has now started sprouting side branches at all the nodes. Gonna wait till the newest top node has fully developed (2 or 3 days i reckon) before topping it and leaving it to heal. This will be my first attempt at topping a plant properly so hoping it all goes well. Will post a pic of before and after topping when i get round to doing it this weekend.

I'll be curious to see how the topping goes. I keep hearing that autos don't like to be messed with much. Good luck with the grow! I'd kill for some sunny weather here.

I'll be curious to see how the topping goes. I keep hearing that autos don't like to be messed with much. Good luck with the grow! I'd kill for some sunny weather here.

This plant is a normal photo period plant, it being grown at home on the balcony. Will wait till mid july before i start to flower it or perhaps the beginning of august. Easy enough to take in and out every 12 hours and am hoping if we get any visitors around that it doesnt smell too much as we need to hide it in a cupboard if parents come round.

That bonsai does look pretty cool. You'll end up with some nugs from it.

My super skunk has sprouted above the soil amd that just in a couple of days. Hoping it turns out female as it was a single seed in a quarter that i got from a pal. If it male then will harvest the pollen and store it to breed with some autos next year, if it turns out hermie then will harvest the plant as normal and use half of it for bubble hash and the other half i will pick out the seeds and smoke the bud. Will keep the seeds for growing in a field at random as the likelihood is that they will be hermie as well.

Am coming into this how you finding outdoor growing up in Scotland so far? They look alright so far a lot better than my dads autos in nw uk

Back
Top Bottom