Auto Guerilla Grow - Scotland

Not seen them since thursday (3 days) and not planning to go out till next week. I thought mine would have been bigger by now as i started 2 weeks earlier than last year and used an led light for the start to prevent stretching. Am sure they will gain some serious size over the next 3 weeks before they start fattening the buds up. Am gonna read over last years grow and see where i am in comparison with this grow. May be quite similar or way off. My main problem this year i think is the choice to not use compost but due to the fire at my old site i had to change things quite quickly. I had intended to dig up last years soil from 3 plots and use it in 1 new plot but couldnt do that after the fire. I hadnt intended to get any soil and if i had fresh stuff stashed there i would have transferred it to the new site. Shit happens but at least i will have smoke at the end.

Growing in scotland isnt too bad. Just learn from your mistakes bro and it will all come good.

Shit does happen your right there I lost 4 plants due to having to take tent down and hide it for a day and then try put it back up in a day on my own lol, I'm looking forward to your next update on the size they get too, shame to hear about the fire ruining your plots, we live and learn buddy

Well the fire was done by 3 teenagers and am glad it happened before i got the plots set up and even more glad it i hadnt taken the plants out there otherwise they could have been completely destroyed. Good thing is i can use that site next year and it a bit easier to get to than my current plot and also less likely to be spotted en route. Ground will also be sterile too. Will be popping out that way this coming week to scope it out and also to make a wee plot for the super skunk i'm growing. Gonna take a bag of soil and mix it in so it ready to get transplanted by end of july. Will force flower for a week - 10 days in july before taking it outside and leave it to nature.

First attempt at a proper topping, did the grandaddy purple. Have i done it right? Sterilsed the scissors with boiling water before chopping.before:
20170627_191752.jpg

After:
20170627_191829.jpg

Here a couple of pics of the bubble hash i made last night.

20170626_231928.jpg
20170626_231946.jpg

Well guys my grow aint going so well. Not much real growth has happened since my last visit. Plants are slow to gain any real size and the main problem is soil. If i had lain compost then the roots would be finding it easier to spread out rather than being stunted in clay-like soil (this is what i envisage the problem to be). So this is another lesson learned. If my other spots hadnt been affected by fire then i wouldnt have had this problem this year. I had intended to dig up the soil from 2 of last years sites and use that in the 1 site i was extending. Could have used big bags and transported from 1 plot to the other with relative ease (as opposed to taking fresh bags out to the site and possibly being seen plus transporting big weights would be a problem by myself).

Had near disaster with a plant. Had my pal with me but while being in the site had slightly stood on a plant (tight to move around with that no of plants there) and it bent over. Luckily the stem hadnt snapped or been fully trodden on.

No problems with slugs this year but my bottle of slug pellets has somehow leaked water into it so now need a new bottle. Was able to get some out the bottle as a re-application was needed. There are some pics to show what slow progress has been made in the last few days. Not even going to estimate what i will get from each plant but even 7g is shooting too high. If i can pull 3 g from the 17 autos then that 51g which i will be happy with. Just need to see what granddaddy purple yeilds, the 2 x kc45 (if they finish in time) and also the super skunk which is now on my balcony and doing well. Was not propogated and put straight outdoors on the balcony after a day or 2 inside thus hardening if off right away and will get taken outside at the end of this month in a plot by itself and protected by a small cage along with a bag of fresh soil.

20170701_100352.jpg
20170701_100345.jpg
20170701_100338.jpg
20170701_100312.jpg
20170701_100257.jpg
20170701_100252.jpg
20170701_100240.jpg
20170701_100233.jpg
20170701_100228.jpg
20170701_100222.jpg

After some careful consideration i have decided to experiment with some of my outdoor girls. Cannabis does not like to be transplanted during flower and neither do autos. I have found that this year and last year my autos didnt have any problems with transplant, however, this year's grow has been hampered with poor soil (namely not using proper compost). What i intend to do is to dig up some of my girls and lay down some compost approx 10L per plant and transplant into this fresh compost. This may cause some shock but seen as these plants are so tiny i am happy to wait the extra time for them to finish as they should grow bigger in the fresher soil. I only intend to do this with 4 plants initially (2 x ak49 and 2 x choco skunk). If this proves to promote growth within a week or so of doing this then i will do the same with the rest of them meaning my harvest time will be the end of august.

Got round to repotting 4 plants. 2 x chocolate skunk and 2 x ak49. Each are now in 5L of compost so hoping that will help them. Upon further inspection of 1 of the plants i did notice the roots were penetrating the clay-like soil but not as much as i would have hoped for. Poor soil has made small plants. I think that the soil is lacking any sort of decent nutrients and that is also hampering growth. Once they were potted i gave them a good watering. Next year's grow will be making sure that everything is in place. I will start by prepping up the site 3 months or so in advance. Getting rid of grass, weeds and anything else so i can turn the soil and add compost and also fish blood and bone meal. Giving the soil time to settle down and allow added nutes to cook into the plot. Will perhaps cover the ground with black bags to help stop any grass or weeds growing back up, or at least stem the growth.

20170705_163537.jpg
20170705_163540.jpg

This is after repotting them.

A couple of shots of the whole plot from 2 different angles.
20170705_163606.jpg
20170705_163614.jpg

Will be taking a trip out next week to see how things have progressed. If i see notable change in a short space of time then i will be repotting the rest of them but need to get a lift as cannot possibly lug out 80L of soild and 20L of water out in 1 go. It will take me at least 4 trips to do so and i cant do that. If need be i will do 2 trips in 1 day and another the day after (if i can).

Some pics of my gdp (granddaddy purple) which was topped recently. Seems to have gone well and growth is fairly rapid now. I am now confident in topping to do it again. The last pic is the super skunk which went straight outside and left to harden off from the start of its journey. Still wont know if it male or female for a few weeks yet. Hope to force flower it here (will be very small) and then plant outside in its own wee plot with fresh compost by mid august and leave it till the end of sept or mid oct before i harvest it. Not expecting much it but a few nugs will be ok.

20170710_175754.jpg
20170710_175840.jpg
20170710_175918.jpg
20170710_180048.jpg

Ha ha, like it. My hopes of a big grow this year are fading. Checked the site today and not much has happened. I think at best am now gonna get a taster off every plant. The repotted ones have shown a tad more promise and the rest have flowered but without much branching there will be very little bud. I cant believe how stupid i was to not put out proper soil. A valueable lesson learned. Meanwhile my gdp is doing great. Leaves are fattening up and there is side branching everywhere now. Have decided to let this go full term rather than force flower. This way i will increase my yeild so hopefully this will offset my costs this year.

I went out to my old plots as well today. Grass has started growing again so by next year it should offer some security getting to around 4' tall. I have decided that next year i will be back where i was but moving it slightly. The plot is where i was thinking of moving it to initially. It gets plenty of sunshine throughout the day too. Will be digging it up over winter, mixing in compost, fish blood and bone meal and i may add in some chicken manure pellets for good measure. Will let the soil cook over the next few weeks but will cover the entire plot with black plastic to help stop growth coming through. Obviously the ground will need water so i will poke holes through the plastic bags to allow water to penetrate into the ground. Will also take time to set up the meshing properly allowing me more room to get in and out and make it easy for a plastic cover to be placed on top if needed. Will start my seeds at the beginning of april for 2 weeks indoors then onto balcony for 2 weeks to harden off (weather permitting of course). They will then go out to their new home into the cooked soil with 2L bottles placed over them to protect from any cold snaps during may (it can happen). Will take them off mid-may and then will let nature do its thing. The last couple of years in may we have had some good sunny weather so they will benefit from more exposure to the sun. Will post pics of when i was up later on.

I transplanted my gdp last night. Note to anyone that wants to transplant - dont initially grow in a clay terracotta pot as it is almost impossible to get all the roots out. After running a knife round the edges of the pot i still ended up (accidently) ripping off around a third to half of the root ball! It was potted into a bigger tub of compost/perlite and given a good watering with black treacle (same was done with the super skunk with no problems). I did read that it shouldnt be left in direct sunlight but this seems to be counter productive and seen as today is really hot and i am at work then will just need to leave it. The next 2 days will tell me if there are any problems and if it will survive. From the research i have done it should survive but probably wont see any growth for a week. Leaves were sprayed with plain water too. Have also tried some lst with the super skunk. Will take pics later and post.

As promised here are the pics of the 2 transplanted plants. The gdp is now in a 10L pot and the super skunk in a 2L pot. No point in putting the super skunk into a pot any larger as it will not have enough time to grow into it but am hoping the gdp will fill the pot though. Both should start to flower in around 6 weeks time as am letting them go full term naturally. Hopefully the super skunk will be fem. Hoping that i have done the lst right as have never done it before so it a bit of an experiment.

20170718_225057.jpg
20170718_225113.jpg
20170718_225139.jpg
20170718_225148.jpg

As promised here are the pics of the 2 transplanted plants. The gdp is now in a 10L pot and the super skunk in a 2L pot. No point in putting the super skunk into a pot any larger as it will not have enough time to grow into it but am hoping the gdp will fill the pot though. Both should start to flower in around 6 weeks time as am letting them go full term naturally. Hopefully the super skunk will be fem. Hoping that i have done the lst right as have never done it before so it a bit of an experiment.
20170718_225139.jpg

It's best if you support the stem where it comes out of the dirt so it doesn't tug on the roots. Some people will tie a string around the stem in the opposite direction from the LST to straighten out the first inch or so. I put a rock at the base for support.

20170609_082338.jpg

Any way that works to keep the first bit from being pulled is good.

Well the stem being pulled has had no negative effect on the plant and it is doing really well. I tied it for the second time yesterday or day before. Hoping to tie the whole plant around the edge of the pot to have mini colas growing up round the edge. It is a little unorthodox but am giving it a try.

Went out to the site yesterday for 1 final feed and to check how things were. Sad to say not much improvement. Gave a full feed of bio bloom mixed with pk 13/14 and black treacle, may not amount to much with what is there but if it can help even in the slightest i will take it. A couple of plans look weird, instead of having serated leaf edges they are smooth and curvy, almost as if they have gone to reveg which cant happen as it an auto. A couple have sprouted out this extra shoot with these leaves and it is flowering. Also i pulled 2 of the chocolate skunk as they looked really pathetic and pulled the 2 dark devils as they lookes pretty much dead. After pulling i could see the root system of all of them were tiny and almost completely abolished. This is what happena when you dont prep up properly and use decent compost (of which i used none). I cut the plants i pulled and trimmed them and washed them. 5 min job. They now drying and will be ready by tomorrow. Not much point in waiting to cure seen as i will get approx 1 joint off each.

20170730_131109.jpg
20170730_131121.jpg
20170730_132218.jpg
20170730_132224.jpg
20170730_132227.jpg
20170730_132230.jpg
20170730_132255.jpg
20170730_132307.jpg
20170730_1346141.jpg
20170730_134637.jpg

What went wrong there? Mine were bigger than that after 1 week

As i stated - not prepping up the site beforehand and not using compost was my biggest problem. They more or less went backwards from being transplanted. I would have got more from them if i had left them in 3" pots on my balcony. The native soil in that area is bad, very clay like. It is a lesson learned and in future i will not be skimping on prep or compost. I always get a slow start to my grows at home as i dont get much in the way of light till mid-afternoon and i cant afford to get a decent light to aid the start of growing and nor do i have the space to install 1. Had a major falling out with a pal over the weekend (long story) so now am having to watch that she doesnt grass me in for the 2 i have on the balcony. They still got till the end of oct (roughly) before i can harvest.

Your plant looks good dgrow. May your harvest be plentiful for you.

Back
Top Bottom