New Scotland Guerilla Grow

Morning. My hats off to those that do the guerrilla grows. If your summer seasons are like ours I don’t see how you keep them hydrated without visiting every other day. A lot of work

Although we had a good summer I didn't have to go out with too much water. The ground retains water quite well up there. Luckily being in Scotland doesn't pose too many problems with the heat or lack of rain. Only problem is trying to get a photoperiod to finish in time as the days are so long during the summer. All the autos got finished in time apart from 2 of them yet 5 of them got robbed! Gutted to say the least. The remaining plant is a photo yet is taking ages to finish. Started to force flower mid july for a week yet is only starting to get there now. Rain and humidity pose a big problem just now along with the lack of time before the cold really sets in.

Am gonna have to brace myself fornthe cold snap which is upcoming. 2 night of 1°C/0°C followed by a night of -1°C. Am hopin my big girl makes it through it ok. Still a while to go with flowering. Am also hoping that nothing has muched the tops of the fallen down part of the plant which is almost at ground level and no protection around it.

Not sure how much the cold had affected the plant but it did get chopped today. The buds are very light and airy and lost around 2/3 of the plant to budrot. Stripped out what we could (had my best pal with me to give me a hand) and in the process of trimming it just now. It was given the full wash treatment to get rid of any nasties and kill off any missed mould spots. At an early glance I reckon to be pulling off a half oz which isn't much but it better than nothing. Will stick to autos from now on in with the occasional photo done for something extra. Gonna be changing my grow method and find a new spot for next year. Hope to see you guys following me with my next grow.

20181103_130417.jpg

Aaaargh! Got hit with mould overnight! Put my trimmed buds into a box on wire racks last night as I had done before but put a lid on it. That acted as making the box a massive humidity dome. No moving or fresh air so when I opend it a wee while ago to have a check i could see white fur growing on some bits. They have now been removed, checked the rest, sprayed the unaffected stuff with some h2o2 solution to prevent any mould spores missed affecting the rest and the box is now on the balcony with the lid off. Will leave it ther for the next 3 or 4 days before it is brought inside to complete the drying. Never had this problem and never thought about it. It is a mistake that will never he repeated. Probably lost around 4-5g.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Didn't end up with much SB. Got around 10g that was pulled early and 10g that was pulled recently. Didn't give me the giggles or the horn as much as when I grew it first time around. Still pleasant enough to smoke. Hopefully time will make it more potent and give me the giggle fits I am looking for. Will do another grow next year but not sure if I do a journal or not. If I do then it will more than likely be heavily condensed.

Back
Top Bottom