Glasgrow's Outdoor Grow - Early Skunk - Scotland

some swear by them though , but i did see a video on you tube , if they were bluffing we wont know :)

I did a bit of googling. Not too sure how accurate it is but it seems like the slugs are attracted to any egg matter left on the shells.

I've got some around my plants so will let you know how it works.

To prepare the shells, they were done in the same way as using the shells as grit for chickens. Thoroughly washed, dried, baked in the oven for 12 hours then crushed down, not too fine :)

Image_350_.jpg
Image_351_.jpg
Image_352_.jpg
Image_353_.jpg
Image_354_.jpg
Image_355_.jpg

Gone all out war on these feckers!!! I will take no prisoners, lol. The pics are shown in order of previous pics, too stoned to go check and also in the middle of making some bubble from a mates 2 plants that died 4 week into flower. Some nice stuff.

Anyway, RIP pic no 1. You can see the remaining leaf. Pic 2 looks good, some damage done. 3 and 4 are not too bad, 1 shows a slug covered in pellets. 5 and 6 is the runt. Looking a bit worse for wear but hoping she'll pull through. Lay a load of pellets but probably will reapply on every visit unless it been hot and dry.

Sand and gravel you say. How fine the sand and what type of gravel? And you just make a ring around each plant?

20150706_234940.jpg
20150706_235018.jpg
20150706_235206.jpg

Just thought i show you my bubble. 68g of dried plant and the "bud" wasnt getting you stoned. Not too bad from 2 runs. Will leave it to dry for a few days, chopping it up every daybto aid drying, then will make wee blocks and cure for a week. The last pic is the 25micron bag which i will leave for 24 hours to drip through, takes forever so hoping for an extra joint or 2 from it.

Hedgehogs should be good for slugs but no idea where you could get them. I think their numbers are in serious decline these days unfortunately.

I want to try an experiment with hydrophobic stuff. ... apparently slugs don't like to cross dry surfaces.

I wish someone would tell slugs that here, they don't mind dry surfaces at all :), salt or beer, or some sweet drink buried is the only cure I know for slugs.

A question (not for here but have looked and cant find an answer). Anyone know where i can buy individual bubble bags? Got a 4 bag kit but want an extra 2 bags - a 90 micron screen and 120 micron screen, 1 gallon size. Want to refine my bubble making skills with better final product.

No idea mono. Last time i seen them was when i last posted pics. Was working everyday from then till hospital admission on wednesday 3 days ago. Planned op for removal of piles. Currently incapacitated at the moment but my pal should be taking a visit tomorrow to have a wee look and lay down more slug pellets. Once he updates me (hopefully with pics) then i will post an update here.

My pal visited both sites yesterday. The first being the main one is showing signs of promise. Two of the plants are doing really well and he says they around a foot tall, must be bigger than that cos most were that tall to start with. The "dead" one seems to be showing signs of recovery, he says it has a few leaves on it compared to the half singular leaf when i last seen it. He says the last isn't doing too great along with the "dead" one. His words were two are looking great, the other two not so much.

The other site with the 2 thc bomb autos and the elemental #5 - he says he can see two plants which are doing ok, the other he couldn't see so i will need to check that out. Did plant all 3 in row with around 18" - 24" apart so would all be visible. He applied slug pellets to both sites so that should keep them slug free. With any luck i will head out on sunday to see them and to take some pics (although after getting my phone fixed it came back with the camera taking blurry pics, the front facing camera is ok but quality isn't great). If i don't get out till sunday it will be another week to 10 days before i get a pic and a look in as am away to my parent for 5 days.

Plants are looking nice last year i used broken glass for the slugs pretty much me and a buddy drank a few beers washed out the bottles in the stream and then spread the glass shards around the the base of the plants. Egg shells work as well but it takes a long time to start breaking down maybe two years or so but they do work anything with sharp edges would work. Or a few copper rings off eBay theyre pretty cheap and work "ok".

Oh and subbed to see the finish me I'm lucky with my climate and amount of sun I get here.;)

Sorry for the long time in an update guys. Not been out to have a look at my babies for some time due to having surgery 3 weeks ago. My pal has been up to keep an eye on things for me. His update to me is that the main site plants are taking a bit of a stretch by only a few inches, 2 are doing really well and 2 not so well. Unfortunately he hasnt had a chance to check the autos. Last time he did go to check there were dog walkers around, which is confusing me as i thought that area was off limits, so he didnt check them as he didnt want to attract attention to himself by walking into the long grass. Am hoping they have avoided any slug damage (am sure he did lay some pellets down there). With any luck i should get out in the next few days and will get some pics.

20150807_111733.jpg
20150807_111946.jpg
20150807_111953.jpg
2015-08-07_13_13_20.jpg
20150807_111917.jpg
20150807_112303.jpg
20150807_112308.jpg

Finally got out to have a look at the plants. If i have got them in the right order they will correspond 2 the previous order of pics posted. The one that had been demolished by slugs is showing signs of life. Has some new fan leaves and looks promising. Not gonna yeild much but will produce something at least. The 2nd plant looks like it has had the top munched off - probably by a deer. Didnt have much time there today so no chance to spray it with deer spray but covered it with the netting. The 3rd plant is looking good and pretty big too. As you'll notice the leaves are a bit pale looking, probably a nitrogen defficiency and it had a couple of small snails on it, dont think my pal was doing a great job up there as the box of pellets was still quite full and seen none around any of the plants. The last plant which was looking a bit worse for wear has perked up a bit. All the main stems on the plants have thickened up a fair bit, the 3rd plant is showing female pre-flowers, the rest no pre-flowers yet (although didnt hang about too long as i was in a rush and the place was hoaching with flies), and all the plants were given a good feed of treacle water and full strength nutes although it was only in a small bottle so watered at the base of each plant (been plenty of rain so they wont be over-fed and more rain expected).

Only downside is my autos and elemental no 5. No sign of them. My mate said 2 of them had sprouted but i couldnt see them but i was pushed for time so will have to go out another day to have a look. If they have been lost then so be it. Will be doing more autos next year (if the mrs allows) so can germinate and grow at home in wee 3" tubs till they get a decent root system then will plant outside when big enough. May even do all autos and get 2 seasons in but that has yet to be decided and need to convince the other half that it a good idea.

Looks like some of yours were topped and stunted by slugs too. Now that they are a bit bigger they should hopefully pick up the pace a bit and be better able to shrug off slug damage.

Young seedlings seem to be particularly venerable to slugs. I lost a few autos to them too.....they were there one day and gone the next kind of thing. Nothing left above ground when it's all fresh and soft. Suspect the habitat you are growing in can support a larger number of slugs than my outdoor site too.....there's much more for them to eat.

Doubt we have a chance of fitting in 2 lots of autos in a summer though. I think we'll be lucky if we can fit 1 auto season into a summer TBH.

Back
Top Bottom