K-Frat's Soil Skunk Diesel Closet Grow Journal -2012

The ballast is magnetic and is not incased also cord is long enough it wont need to be in the room with the light.

Still doing the cfl thing but expect a side by side comparison to be started soon!

Just won a 48" 4 tube flo light for $3.00 local auction looks like im full of deals today:p picking up the hps tomorrow morning should have pics up by the end of the weekend!

Just won a 48" 4 tube flo light for $3.00 local auction looks like im full of deals today:p picking up the hps tomorrow morning should have pics up by the end of the weekend!

Get em while you can.......your having a gold rush...snap em up. YaaaWhoooo!:circle-of-love::cheer:

A little dissapointed today went to pick up the light and it was actually a 150 not a 400 :straightface:. Still though for $40.00 I can't complain at all!

IMG_20120720_121907.jpg
IMG_20120720_121928.jpg

I have the same hood,unfold the tabs and bend the sides out, spreads the light alot:)

still not bad for the money, nice deal on the other light as well, looks like your having a lucky streak mate, buy them whle you can, 150watt is ideal for 1 or 2 plants, plus i have been looking at the lumins the lower wattage like yours gives off, and i have found that 2 of them give off nearly as much lumins as a 400watt lamp, so it is worth having and you can also add to it when you need to, follow the advice about the reflector as it will spread the light further, also the 150watt light can be kept closer to the plants, my 400 watt light has to be over 1ft away from the plant so im losing lots of lumins that way, so having a 150watt closer to the plants will be a huge bonus, i need to get a light meter and check how many lumins im losing, my bulb gives me 55,000 lumins, do you know how many yours gives off would be good to compare the 2 and see how the lumins are on the make you have, some 400watt hps give off 55,000 lumins and others give of 65,200 lumins so clearly mine is lower than others, but its a dual spectrum so that may be the reason why,

16,000 lumens and thank you fishcake for the advice after doing what you said there isn't a single sq ft that isn't covered. After reading NL Novice's journal he said he wishes he would have got his light in there sooner so I went ahead and set it up last night so first thing this morning when the lights came on they would have the hps instead of the florecents. I was told by my accountant (wifey) that I have reached my limit on my spending. I have added everything up so far and I have a grand total of $160.42 spent on this grow. Not too bad at all! At this time I have no choice but to flower under just the hps. I was shooting for around $200.00 budget but I didn't not consider my eletric bill yet which will for sure put me over that. With the yields with what I got I should break about even +/- $50.00 this time. Next time around will hopefully be a profit simply because I have everything I need already and I will only need to purchase more nutrients/soil/water. Staying positive and patient!:peace:

thats the key right there is getting it all started, after that you can sneak little things here and there.
the funniest thing is someone thinks I'am going to grow some free pot LOL a couple of my freinds (close freinds) knew I was groing and got indignent when I wouldn't hand out free sacks. by nomeans its not free:)

oh yeah one more thing boss and I hope your accountant isn't reading this, tell her lets do the math. a oz is $400 and if you get that much then you are saving over $200. then you can expand on that by saving like $300 a month after you get finished with your first grow thats $3600 a year and if I upgrade with a new what ever the savings will only increase! just a bs politician like argument that most americans will fall for lol

I must say too that with what i bought so far I have one hell of a veg station!

<------Proud dad of 2 confirmed girls today :slide:

WHERE DO i SEND FLOWERS? Glad to hear it YAY!!

having a brainstorm right now about a seperate place to flower. I don't have the funds for a grow tent or anything like that and don't really have a closet I can use. I was thinking a big cardboard gaylord box. My first thought along with probably everyone else is eek fire hazard! They are pretty thick and corrigated cardboard. (Hard and thick) I would be strictly using cfls and flo lights in it. Please share thoughts suggestions thanks!

K Frat here's a pic of my first grow box while 1st getting my feet wet, it's lined with panda film/grace
Aunt_Gracie_s_first_grow_box_005.JPG
Aunt_Gracie_s_first_grow_box_003.JPG

wow grace almost exactly what I was thinking about doing with cardboard. I don't know if your familiar with gaylords but they are a thick honeycombed cardboard seemed like it would be a sturdy structure for what I wanted to do and would even support some weight. Did you use your box for veg or the whole grow?

I just used it for vegging, I placed holes on top of box and hung cfl's from the top, the flaps on front door were used to peek in, and I used window screening for vents and peep holes. I know what boxes you are thinking of, I thought about using a refrigerator box or a box for a dishwasher, washer/dryer boxes, you can get these from appliance stores that just sell appliances, big box stores like lowes, and sears, and others won't give them away, but a local appliance store will be happy to give them away since they have to dispose of them anyway. The panda film is cheap on ebay. My box got a little beat up with moving it around, so a strudy box is what you need/good luck k-Frat/grace

Back
Top Bottom