Glasgrow's Outdoor Grow - Early Skunk - Scotland

With my wee boy here since friday i have not had a chance to go check on them yet. Looking to get out by tue/wed. Will take my 4 bottles of water mixed with treacle and use 1 bottle per plant. It may not need watered but it cant harm them seen as the water will continue to soak right down so will avoid possible root rot. Also need to get slug pellets and lay that down plus i need to get the trellises there and the netting sorted as well. Trellises will take a matter of minutes to set up, water will take minutes too, then a spray with the grazers direct onto plants and will spray around the perimeter of each plant, finally i will need to set up bamboo canes with netting attached then draped over the sides. Will use twine to attach the netting and then tent pegs to hold the sides down. With any luck the netting that is with the plants just now has held in place and not blown away and if it has i do hope those blasted deer havent taken a munch of my plants. So much to do and not enough time. Once the afore mentioned has all been done then i can relax a bit. When i go out i will take a pic of each plant and then another when it has been netted and trellised.

Sounds like you have it planned out well mate. I'm sure they will be doing really well, it's nice and warm now and not getting cold at night :):)

Aye, just the slugs that seem to be munching their way through my plants.

Gonna get a load of bark chippings and hope that keeps them at bay....or any other stuff you can put down to keep them away?

Sounds like you have it planned out well mate. I'm sure they will be doing really well, it's nice and warm now and not getting cold at night :):)

Planned out well in my head and in theory. As for if it turns out that way - just have to wait and see.

Kushtie - sent you a private message and also commented on your grow. Slug pellets should do the trick around the bases of your plants. Get them at tesco or pound stretcher. Alternatively get a shed load of salt and make a perimeter around your plants. Not too close otherwise when it rains it'll soak right down and your plants may end up with too much sodium.

Aye, just the slugs that seem to be munching their way through my plants.

Gonna get a load of bark chippings and hope that keeps them at bay....or any other stuff you can put down to keep them away?

Salt!

A inch wide ring around the plants, a couple of foot out will create a barrier they can't pass. B real said something about cinnamon sticks, can't remember if it was for slugs or not. :)

Wow, put my auto seeds and one free seed in between damp paper towels last night. Checked them earlier and one seed has already cracked open. Will plant them straight outside tomorrow. Not sure if i will have time to lay some compost but a quick dig and turn of the soil should be enough and will place directly into it. Also the burn runs nearby so can fill bottles there to water them with no massive hike. Not expecting much from these plants but perhaps an oz per plant will be nice. These plants wont get much bigger than 1.2m so should be fairly concealed in the tall grass and will get sun from dawn till dusk - happy days. Will get some pics of their set up tomorrow along with the rest and may create a new journal for them. No more pics for a while as phone in for repair on friday.

More than an oz per plant for auto strain? Sounds good. My wee boy wants to go bowling so have to take him. As next time he here i wont be doing anything with him as will be laid on the couch/bed for post-op recovery. That also means my mate needs to go sort out the plants. Would be better if we had a couple of days heavy rain to keep the soil moist. If he cant get to them then i have to hope for the best and tend to them as soon as i am able. Not gonna get out till early evening tonight so will sort what i can before i leave. Only big problem i have - carrying 4' canes to the site. Have to go through a housing estate to cycle across field (can get straight to the site this way (i hope)) and got 20L of water to carry too. Once that has been done i need to cycle around the woods to get to the other field and plant the new seeds. Cannot afford to leave them too much longer in the tub or the roots will be massive and may not get the chance to sort them after that, £20 wasted on seeds.

I wouldn't worry too much about needing to water your plants. Some of my outdoor ones have been out for 2 months already and haven't needed watered yet.....so far there's been more than enough rain to keep the soil wet.

Maybe when they are bigger they will need watered but I think we'll be ok for the next couple of weeks at least. I'm just taking water out a few litres at a time and have only been using it to wet the soil before putting plants in.

Take care buddy, hope the op and recovery go well:thumb:

In case you do need to water them and the burn isn't up to standard I tested the PH of Tesco's Ashbeck water and it's 6.3 out of the bottle. £1.05 for a 5 litre bottle and nobody will think twice if you're carrying a bottle I should think. Hope it helps, all the best :thumb:

Thanks kriaze. That is what i have but cant afford to keep buying water and transporting it as it a big jaunt. A couple of 5L bottles at a time may be viable but rather not have to. Didnt get out to the site yesterday as it was raining at the time i was able to get out so am doing it today. After i get out there with all the stuff then i dont want to have to carry anything after today. Just me on the bike makes things simple. Will be leaving bottles, nutes, canes, netting and deer spray there in a couple of black bags. Obviously will wipe all stuff down before i leave - get rid of fingerprints, i am on the system and if they happen to be found and they dust equipment for prints then am busted. Not sure if rain will wipe prints off but best to be on the safe side. Also no chance to get out to plants for at least 2-3 weeks so am relying on my pal to sort them. Hoping that the burn will be up to scratch. I think with a ph around the 5.5 mark (still to be tested) that will be as low as i want to go, any lower then i will need to find some home remedy to up the ph.

I'm not 100% on this as it's what I have read and not something I've tested myself but I think Bicarbonate of Sodium (Baking Soda) tends to cause a lot of problems due to the salt build up causing nutrient lockouts over time. There is an alternative, Potassium Bicarbonate (food grade) which does the same trick. £6+ for a kilo online but smaller packages are also available. Like I said I can't vouch for this info 100% but it may well be worth looking into if it can help you to avoid future problems. All the best :thumb:

OH NO!!! Disaster has struck! Went to the site today to check plants, water with treacle added, and to spray with deer spray, and leavee my equipment nearby. 1st plant i came to had been chewed right down to the stems - no leaves at all! Well 1 small one at the bottom. Not sure what has caused it but it not slugs. Damn fecking critters of some sort made mincemeat of it. Not sure what it may be, no pics as no camera just now. Gave it some water and hope it recovers. 2nd plant hasnt been touched much. The 3rd has been munched a fair bit, around half of it, and the 4th (the runt) has some damage to it. As been planted in a forest it crawling with insects but the spiders have let me down. Not sure what to do to prevent the same to all the rest. And no pics to give you guys an idea. All plants watered and sprayed with deer spray plus surrounding area.

Got the other 3 planted. Groumd is different from the forest and these growing with long grass. Planted in soil with loose soil placed on top. All had a taproot so hoping they will blossom. No water given to them as we got rain due. No pics of them for around 3 weeks or so. May get my mate to take some and email them to me. Will post soon. Fingers crossed this is only a minor set back and that the 3 new ones will sprout where they are. Sun is there all day long as it in an open space.

Sounds like slugs to me mate. They are quick to munch through plants.

This happened to me in 9 hours

IMG_20150703_173354_hdr.jpg

Looks similar to mine. Am hoping that they will stay at bay during this rain we got at present. Will get slug pellets today and put all around the perimeter of all the plants thus creating a barrier. Thought slugs would have chewed the base of the plants and the rest of the stems. Hope it not too late and that it stops raining later on for me to get out to them. If not then i not got much time to sort them as i got work for the next few days then my op on wednesday, after that it be 2 weeks before i get out to see them again.

Back
Top Bottom