Auto Guerilla Grow Near Glasgow - Scotland

Update before tomorrow's transplant. All plants' soil was bone dry so now been watered. This is the fertilser i am using -
20160531_095501.jpg

As this is the first feed with nutes i used approx 1/4 strength, 5ml with about 4L of bottled water. Each plant was watered with 2 x 150ml and any run-off was used for the next plant (all done 1 at a time). Group shot after feed -
20160531_113623.jpg

1 plant had a root through one of the run-off holes around 2" long. Think these plants will all have a strong rootball and possibly be getting root-bound.

The next 2 pics show some weird growth (both auto thc bombs). The first has only grown 1 leaf at the third node and the main shoot will now be growing 2 stems (topped itself). The second has grown 3 leaves at the third node, never seen this happen on a plant before (in both cases) but am not worried.
20160531_113737.jpg
20160531_113910.jpg

Last the 2 big solo balcony plants. Given 600ml of water and watered slowly around the base of each plant moving slowly outward. The roots are unlikely to have reached the edge so they were left dry. No run-off on these plants yet as they are in big 9L tubs.
20160531_113939.jpg
20160531_113947.jpg

All plants looking healthy and all look good after being away for the day. I dont think i am going to top any of them even though i said i would. As they are autos and been slow starters i dont thing topping them would benefit them much and the time to heal would only increase the time to finish off. Also this heatwave we have for the next 4-6 weeks will mean more trips out will be needed with water.

Next update and pics tomorrow after the transplant has been done. Will plant up to cotyledons to give plants more support and promote extra roots to grow. Will also be deer-proofing each plot and sprinkling slug pellets.

Didnt get transplant done today although i got the sites pre-prepped.

Site 1 -
20160601_153805.jpg

Got garden netting over the top so they will all look similar to this. Needing to thread bamboo canes around the meshing for more support (as will the others need this too). All staked with plastic garden pegs. It likely need another meshing attached to the top when plants get bigger. May replace netting with meshing to make more secure from deer. Blue slug pellets have been scattered around the perimeter and more will be scattered inside the site once transplant done.

Site 2 -
20160601_155159.jpg

Site 3 -
20160601_160506.jpg

Ran out of pegs so will sort on sunday.

Looking good bud! The site looks much better prepared this year ;) Hope the weather stays this way all summer time :):)

Well this weather will be good but will need to make more trips with water. Can only take 3 x 5L at a time so each plot will get 1 bottle = 1L per plant.

Transplant day. All went well but some of the plants ended up being planted a bit squinty ways but will straighten them up on next visit and add some soil round the stems for extra support. We used canes to hold the fencing upright and they all covered with netting. Watered wellish (10L between 3 sites) and a good sprinkling of slug pellets.

Pics 1-3 - site 1. 2 x hod, 2 x bombs, 1 x bubba kush (in the middle).
Pics 4 and 5 - site 2. 4 x rrf and 1 bomb in the middle.
Pics 6 and 7 - site 3. 5 x bombs.

20160607_200907.jpg
20160607_200911.jpg
20160607_200917.jpg
20160607_204345.jpg
20160607_204351.jpg
20160607_205301.jpg
20160607_205309.jpg

I assume garden bark chips would work ok? Will perhaps get some for next visit bit i may be ok without them, all depends on the weather. The native undersoil is a bit clay-like so roots may take a while to grow through it but plenty of room to grow outwards. The clay-like soil will hold plenty of moisture so any roots around there will be plenty fed.

The 2 on the balcony are sprouting off side branches everywhere. They have really taken off since they were fed. Hoping to see them sex very soon as coming up to 39 days from seed and now on node 6. Next water for them will be this week with full tub being watered with run-off.

Update with pics for the 2 on the balcony. Just gave them a good feeding - 7.5ml of fertilser to 5L of water (approx 1/3 strength). Each tub took 2.5L with a fair bit of run-off on each, i reckon around 15%-20% run-off. One plant was needing a good feed as some leaves were a wee bit light green coloured and a few tips of leaves were starting to yellow.

Group shot -
20160610_133343.jpg

Rrf -
20160610_133356.jpg

Auto thc bomb -
20160610_133401.jpg

Am thinking of adding some fish blood and bone meal to these plants. Is that advisable? Is so then how much and would that replace a normal feed?

Forgot to mention - both are showing pre-flowers and both are fem. Will see if i can get a close up shot of them with my phone. Am hoping that the outdoor ones will be showing pre-flowers soon. Will see them next week when i go for a wee check up. Also due some rain tomorrow so no need to go feed them just yet with any water. Blood fish and bone meal was added to the outdoor sites a week or 2 ago so they probably wont need any nutes till they start flowering. Will add some black treacke though.

Update on the outdoor plants. 9 days since they were put outside and most have started showing pre-flowers. I think 6 aren't showing any just yet but not far off. Pellets are doing their job as loads of dead slugs around the perimeter and a few inside. Have put human pee round each site and also made a mix of 2 eggs, 4 garlic cloves, a tbsp of cayenne pepper mixed with 700ml of water and that has been spread round each site. The spray bottle got clogged up after a few sprays so just sparingly used it. Both of the above should deter deer. Reapplied slug pellets although not sure if really needed as there were still pellets from last time but spread them out a little further afield.

Not sure what the white spots are on the edges of the leaves. Any ideas? They more prominent on the plants in site 3 and site 1. Site 2 is showing N defficiency on 2 plants but they shouldn't as it new soil plus blood fish and bone meal added 2-3 weeks ago so should be plenty of N. May have to go add some all purpose fertiliser if the problem continues.

Site 1 -
20160617_152110.jpg
20160617_152121.jpg
20160617_152142.jpg

Site 2 -
20160617_150929.jpg
20160617_151304.jpg
20160617_151322.jpg

Site 3 -
20160617_150319.jpg
20160617_150416.jpg
20160617_150426.jpg

Not much growth since last week but they all seem healthy enough. Just needing some serious sunlight to help with the growth. No water needed as we had a fair amount of rain in the last week.

Temps have been stable here for a while no so not really worried about them. Been in double digits at night time before they were transplanted. Good that we gonna get a stable sunny summer. The light at this time would be good to help them grow a few more nodes and then the stretch for flowering but even if the sun is lacking just now i hope it makes more appearances during budding. It will help fatten them up and make them more dense and bigger.

Never thought about covering with plastic sheeting. I could possibly source some but no chance to ge out to see them till next week so just need to let nature do its thing. The rain isn't a bad thing as it means no having to lug water out to them as often and the ground retains water quite well.

Quick update on balcony plants. No issues, in fact all going rather well. Both side branching nicely, some with alternating nodes and a few more pistils all over both plants. These plants should double in size soon and next feed be this week soon. Soil still moist about an inch down so not ready just yet. Will just be using water with 1 tbsp of black treacle to 5L of water. Next feed after that will be 1/3 strength of nutes with a little added pk 13/14 (only a tiny amount). Should be plain sailing from then on in. Need to probably invest in flower food and give a couple of wee feeds with pk 13/14 once at full strength. Then just plain water with black treacle from then till the end.

If we get another heatwave and a lot of sun then they may need extra feedings and waterings.

20160621_221924.jpg

Never got out to outdoor crop today so will do tomorrow or on sat. These balcony girls are going through a major stretch just now and am worried they may get too big. May have to try bend over the top but will see how things go over the next 2 weeks - stretch should stop by then. New sites appearing everywhere and all throwing out pistils. New growth is very light green in colour but did some research and found out this is normal in early flowering so am not worried about it. Also tucked in the HUGE fan leaves on the bomb thus exposing a little more light to the bud sites. As they only get direct sun for only 6-7 hours or so the whole plant doesnt get drenched in sunlight from dawn till dusk so plants need manually turned from time to time. Will be uber happy if outdoor plants are 2/3 that size. Pics to follow by the weekend.

Normally the 2nd or 3rd week of July is good, if not could be 1st week of August :( always seems good at the start of June the last few years to, keeping a wee eye on this and maybe thinking about next summer here too :)) what's your plans for the humidity normally it's always high in Scotland ? ( hoping with autos it won't effect them tho )

Good job tho :))

Also I've read somewhere that slugs won't pass copper foil/tape if u can put strips around it just to see if it's actually true have never tried it lol

Back
Top Bottom