Auto Guerilla Grow Near Glasgow - Scotland

20160430_195616.jpg
20160430_201623.jpg

3 seeds not sprouted. 2 x thc bomb and 1 x rrf. They all look close to it but not quite certain. If the rrf makes it then i have 100% success rate of germination of bought seeds. I have spares of the bombs as i got them from a friend.

Well babies are all doing well apart from 3 x thc bomb and 1 x rrf :-( Pics from day 2 and 3 (today) will get posted later.

I had a poke around in the soil and found the 4 seeds that haven't sprouted. The bombs still look the same although 1 looks like it may root. I may have to sow 2 more if no action by tomorrow. The rrf seems to have no change to it. I have gently moved the seeds up the way and covered with the tiniest amount of soil. So far yesterday and this morning i have sprayed the tops of the soil with some water. Will do the same tomorrow morning and check the seeds again. If no action then i may have to resow some fresh bombs and the rrf will be a disappointment. Do you guys think that i should leave them longer and patiently wait or see how the land lies tomorrow?

Nice start :thumb:

Good to see another guerilla style grow in this climate, I'm in Denmark and my mate and I will be doing a guerilla grow this summer too, also only autos.

We did the THC Bomb last year and it's quite susceptible to mould because the buds are so dense, hella nice smoke though;)

Happy growing :Namaste:

20160501_2309521.jpg
20160502_224218.jpg
20160502_224234.jpg

1st pic taken yesterday and those show the hod and abk. The next taken a few mins ago. Look how much the hod have sprouted.

Hey purplegun, autos are the way to go. The bombs are autos not the original so mould should not pose a problem especially with the warm and drier weather due.

Sorry didn't mention that is was the auto version of THC Bomb we grew last year;) and we had mould issues with all our plants because the late summer last year was very rainy and lost ~20% of the crop to mould... The THC Bomb was just so dense it never really dried out between the many showers.
Hoping for a dry July/August this year:)

Another update (again, lol). The pics show some major streching with the hod and the abk. Have had to stake the 3 of them till i transplant next week.

There is some good news! My 100% success rate is intact. The rrf has sprouted a root so should poke head above soil in the next day or two. 3 of the bombs dont look promising so may have to sow another 3 in place of those that didnt root. Will check them again tomorrow and if no sign of a root then will resow.

The propagator lid has had to be raised due to the stretch so now more airflow around the plants.
20160503_222715.jpg
20160503_222723.jpg
20160503_222729.jpg

Some mixed results, although more good than bad. As you'll see most plants are doing well. Had to stake some of the lanky ones as they not got enough support on their own so a transplant is due soon.
20160505_101803.jpg

Have had 3 bombs fail for definite. 1 was growing up till yesterday. Upon closer inspection it didnt look too healthy so i had a wee prod and it broke at the head - think it was possibly rotting. The one in the pic below is very similar to the 1 i pulled and not sure if that will make it either. Will leave it for another day or 2 and if it doesnt improve then that will get pulled. Got the remaining 5 seeds for the bombs germinating just now. A wee soak in water for 4-5 hours and then between paper towels. Will check them soon. If they all got a taproot then will place into the propagator and will just pull the plug on the bad looking one anyway.
20160505_101841.jpg

Bulky stuff is taken out beforehand and left on site and hidden. The plants will be in a tray of small pots so in the back of a car, park nearby to site as possible then a walk to the sites. Tray is easy enough to keep flat in a bag or in a box. May encounter some human traffic en route but they not know what am carrying. Keeping plants small and possibly root bound so they not too difficult to carry. Once at the site transplant into ground, give a good water (unless it raining in which case no water required), setup the site to keep wildlife at bay and then leave.

Started on our sites this evening. The first wasnt too bad to clear, the second took some doing and didnt get time to finish it. The third is almost the same as the second. The trowel we were using broke so now looking to get a collapsible spade which will speed things up. Got topsoil laid on site number one (as you will see in the pic), also cleared of grass, the second has been marked out and started the removal of grass but no time to continue. The sites are teaming with midges and both getting eaten alive.
20160505_195611.jpg
20160505_202317.jpg

Took out the 2 unsprouted seeds from the propagator and replaced with 2 new seeds which have sprouted taproots. The other 3 are still between sheets of paper with 1 slightly cracked so that will be planted tomorrow.

Finally i have had to stake the rrf's. At 4" tall they not strong enough to support their own weight just yet. Hope the stretch stops so i can transplant with ease into 3" pots. 1 x rrf and 1 x thc bomb to go into 12" barrell pots. I reckon they around 3 gal in size.

Been a busy bee today. Got 2 more taprooted seeds planted so just waiting on 1 left to show a root before it gets placed in the propagator. Shame that there a week difference between these latest ones and the earlier ones.

Transplanted all the earlier seeds into 3" pots which was a fucking nightmare. As the seedlings were around 4" tall it was near on impossible to place them lower down and cover the spindly stems to give them more support so i have done what i can with them. Got them sitting outside and will leave them there from now on but they are covered from direct sunlight. Leaving them to harden off for the next 2-3 weeks and move them out to get some afternoon sun a bit at a time till they can be left in the sun all day (after about a week).
20160506_144911.jpg
20160506_160637.jpg

Took the biggest bomb and the biggest rrf and placed into their final home. The tubs hold 9L of water so smaller than what i thought they were. Filled with compost and perlite and there a layer of perlite about 1/3 - 1/4 way down in each pot. Covered all the way up to cotelydons to give maximum support and to promote extra root growth from the stem. They look so tiny in their new homes but not for long.
20160506_144951.jpg
20160506_152716.jpg

Going to leave the pots for around 24 hours then give all the pots a good watering.

Really? I thought a water was neccessary after a transplant after a day. So leaves the big pots for a week then? How long for the small pots? The soil when digging them out the propagator was wet but the new soil was standard wetness from a fresh bag (in other words in not wet but very lightly damp).

Really? I thought a water was neccessary after a transplant after a day. So leaves the big pots for a week then? How long for the small pots? The soil when digging them out the propagator was wet but the new soil was standard wetness from a fresh bag (in other words in not wet but very lightly damp).

Depends how established the root system is before transplant really. A little bit of water shouldn't do any harm but if the medium is too wet it does the opposite and stifles the growth. The roots grow faster and stronger when they go out 'searching' for the water.

Since you are growing in soil the best train of thought is wet - dry - wet. Each time you water (saturate to run-off) you are changing the oxygen in the medium. The dry spell prevents root rot and a number of fungus forming.

Advice noted and taken. The 5 bombs i had in the propagator - 4 have sprouted and 1 hasnt. Have to make my peace with 9 from 15. The soil that i put them in is a tad on the wet side. Now got the propagator sitting on a radiator to help dry out the soil a bit. Will remove at bedtime to windowsill for sunrise sun and then onto the heater again for a couple of hours tomorrow. Think the soil is too wet and 1 looks like it may dampen off and die so hoping the heat will help dry the soil a bit.

Have my head on for next year's grow. Gonna invest in a couple of electric propagaors and construct a small area with a couple of 20W cfl's. This will promote root growth and the light should stop them from stretching. Also gonna use small rockwool cubes initially as this will make transplanting so much easier. Just as well that rockwool cubes can be planted into soil.

Love outdoor grows. More light would stop all that stretch only thing i could add and a can of beer dug into the ground slugs love it and drowned not sure what blue pellets are but beer works well! so looking forward to more photos of the grow.

Well i cant add any more light just now, have to rely on the sun. The closer any artificial light gets to the plants will certainly stop stretching and if i could get away with bigger pots then could have planted up to the cotelydons which would have given the plants much more support but bigger pots mean more soil and also more trips when taking out to the site. Rather just carry one tray (or split it in half and me and my pal carry half each) rather than several trips with bigger pots. Bigger pots may mean the plants will be bigger than expected for transplant too. I rather they only a few inches tall as opposed to 12"+ tall which makes taking them to the site more problematic. Less damage they suffer the better. If they suddenly put on some height and weight then may need potted up but will just need to wait and see. The added advantage to smaller plants (at the start) means they easier to protect from deer, have plans for them as mentioned in previous posts.

Have heard about beer and i would only buy cheap nasty stuff as no wasting good stuff on them feckers. Blue pellets are poison for slugs. Any supermarket and garden store will sell them. Not too expensive and will do the job just fine and they are very effective. Have heard of people using cups of beer, ground glass, sharp sand, gravel, copper wire, copper strips and even then they sometimes dont work. Blue pellets worked well for me last year so will stick with them.

More pics will be up soon enough when there is a notable difference. Should get the other bombs transplanted within the next day or two. The heat last night did them well.

Back
Top Bottom