Auto Guerilla Grow Near Glasgow - Scotland

All jarred ready for cure. Am away at the end of next month on hols so if we can hold off on what we got till we go then they will have had around a 6 week cure. Should be real nice.

Disappointing weights though. The rrf came in at a lowly 17.72g but the auto thc bomb was 45.3g so that faired better. Still got 5 to chop but they small so i reckon another 10g. I did have to chop early as had PM problems (although i think i sorted that) and budrot too so at least i got something rather than nothing.

On top of all that i have 3 balcony plants. 2 big ones (rrf and bomb) and 1 small 1 (lost coast hashplant). At this point i reckon with the way the balcony plants are fattening up i could be on for an oz per plant, although 21g from each plant will be more than enough, the hashplant will yield 5g if am lucky.

Aaarrgghhh! God damn fucking PM again. This time on the thc bomb on the balcony. Noticed it this afternoon and only caught it out the corner of my eye. The buds are so damn crystaly that it almost wasnt spotted at all. Upon further inspection infound a few small leavea and calyxes covered with the stuff so went in with a pair of scissors and my fingers to remove what i could. Had a solution of h2o2 whilst doing that so sprayed my fingers and scissors inbetween each removal to prevent spreading the spores much further. Once done both plants were sprayed with the h2o2 solution to kill off any PM that i may have missed and to stop any further spread. As they due for chop by wed then no further applications will be needed but will go through the 3 stage bud washing process just to be on the safe side. Now gonna be thoroughly checking both plants every day between now and wed. Fingers crossed they dont suffer any budrot.

Well fellow 420 growers. The end is nigh for another season and so much better than last year. I have learned some new lessons along the way and will take forward what i have learned to next year.

Here is my harvest from the last remaining 5 outdoor plants and the 2 on the balcony. I lost pretty much a thc bomb to budrot and a himalaya orange diesel had budrot througout and had wee bugs and eggs all over it and only noticed when i got it home. Salvaged nothing from that (no point in even trying with a bud wash).

Budwashing was done again but i forgot to keep a thc bomb bud aside for comparison washed v unwashed. It was briefly in h2o2 solution but took it out and rinsed it. I did keep a branch off the rrf for comparison.

Will wait till next wed/thur before de-stemming then jarring for cure. It should be dry enough as it took 7-8 days for the last lot to dry.
20160824_135906.jpg

I would hope for around 2oz from these but we will see.

20160824_122336.jpg

The rootball from 9L tub of the thc bomb. Definitely not rootbound but probably optimum size for a plant that size. An extra 1L or 2L would be better for an indoor grow where temps will be more stable, warmer and more control over lights. I relyed on outdoor temps and minimal sunlight so the plant stayed smaller and drank less.

Just dry weights to come before i sign off this journal.

Also got 1 more plant to harvest which is in my other journal - the lost coast hashplant. Am liking that plant as the buds are small but extremely dense - like weed should be. Hoping it smokes good too. That gets chopped next week. Think i will update that journal with a pic tomorrow.

Even at harvest i have had a problem. Been burping my jars once a day but sometimes more when dipping into it. It smokes nice. The problem i found earlier today was i found mould on a bud or 2 in 1 jar and on 1 bud in another (both thc bomb). Must have been budrot that i missed and i thought that any i may have missed would have been killed when i washed the buds. Took those buds out and kept what wasnt infected and tossed the rest into the bin. What i did save has gone straight into the grinder for joints (mould spores will be minimal at this stage if any). I have now emptied all my jars into paper bags, folded them over and have put them in the airing cupboard to dry for a day or 2 before i re-jar. Will go through it all before i do re-jar just to make sure there is no mould at all.

Even at harvest i have had a problem. Been burping my jars once a day but sometimes more when dipping into it. It smokes nice. The problem i found earlier today was i found mould on a bud or 2 in 1 jar and on 1 bud in another (both thc bomb). Must have been budrot that i missed and i thought that any i may have missed would have been killed when i washed the buds. Took those buds out and kept what wasnt infected and tossed the rest into the bin. What i did save has gone straight into the grinder for joints (mould spores will be minimal at this stage if any). I have now emptied all my jars into paper bags, folded them over and have put them in the airing cupboard to dry for a day or 2 before i re-jar. Will go through it all before i do re-jar just to make sure there is no mould at all.

That sucks man, happens if infected areas aren't cut off some impossible to see.
Best to let it go bone dry before jarring, when they've had bud rot.

Someone had said to let it go bone dry before jarring. I thought i had done but a couple of extra days wouldnt have harmed. Will learn for next time and at least i caught it early on otherwise could have lost a lot more than a gram or 2.

My current stuff that is drying had no rot on it at all, just a bit of PM which was promptly treated and waahed afterwards. Am looking forward to coming back from holiday in oct and testing a washed v unwashed bud with my pal and mrs. Will let you know the results when i do. My balcony ones didnt experience any bug problems nor was there any notable problems but still washed all the same. Even my lost coast hashplant will get the 3 bucket wash treatment apart from 1 or 2 buds. That will be this coming thur. Recently been flushed with black treacle.

Someone had said to let it go bone dry before jarring. I thought i had done but a couple of extra days wouldnt have harmed. Will learn for next time and at least i caught it early on otherwise could have lost a lot more than a gram or 2.

Anytime I have had a worry of mould, I like to dry the buds thoroughly, then jar them for a couple of days for a quick cure. Then I give them a 10 minute blast in the over @ 75 degrees C.

This ensures the buds are fully dry, but not crumbly ( Just enough moisture left to cure). Doing it this way I have never had any issues since ;)

No more mould problems with the cure. Final dry weights from the last remaining site (before cure which usually amounts teo minimal if any loss): auto thc bomb outdoor 1g; auto bubba kush 1g; himalaya orange diesel 1.8g. Why so little you may ask? Plants didnt get enough sunlight so yields were greatly diminished and also lost 1.5 plants to bud rot.

The balcony ones were more successful. The wee hashplant was 3.4g (grow on another sig), rrf was 9.87g and the thc bomb was 9.24g.

In total from everything i got 89.33g so not a bad haul. My pal got around 23g and still have a wee bit of each of the balcony ones to give him so he prob get another 2-3g giving him over 25g of quality smoke. Leaves me with approx 65g for my efforts.

The only disappointing thing for me is the plants i chopped early werent properly finished and didnt really get a chance to flush them or let the rain flush them a bit. This in turn has affected the finish. They smoke nice and the stone is good but experiencing headaches a bit recently. I think this is from not being able to flush somewhat but will see how things are when am away from smoking for a couple of weeks as am on holiday. Will also be able to guage the same plants that were grown on the balcony and did get a proper flush and able to go full length for growing. The fan leaves also yellowed severely to the end so the plants used up eveything available to them.

Will take some pics of some of the better looking buds when i get and post here in around 2.5 weeks time.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom