Sick plant, help please! Lemon Skunk 5 weeks flowering

Wildingen

Hey my ganja friends!:roorrip:

I have some troubles when flowering my Lemon Skunk motherplant.

Info:

What Strain is it? - Lemon Skunk

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? - She was in veg for about 2 months since I was taking clones for my hydro.

If in Flowering Stage... How Long? - Now in bloom for 5 weeks

Indoor or Outdoor? - Indoor, tent 120x120

Soil or Hydro? - Soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix? - "special mix"

If Soil... What Size Pot? - 10 Liters air-pot

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? - 2x250W (CFL) and 2x50W (CFL)

Is it Air Cooled? - No not the lights.

Temperature of Room/Cabinet? - 25-30 Celcius

RH of Room/Cabinet? - 45%

PH of Medium or Reservoir? - PH in water is around 6.2, but lately my Adwa digital ph meter has been showing me some strange numbers...

Any Pests? - No

How Often are you Watering? - Every 2 or 3 days.

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? - Using Sensi Bloom on normal strength, aprox. 2ml/l, I'm not doing any aggressive feeding like the chart says. I would like to know about it tho.
Also I add 1 drop of Super Vit per 4.5l. I started adding PK13/14, 2 weeks ago. Adding 0.25ml/l.

What do these leaves show? Many of the leaves at the bottom are becoming yellow and dieing, every day more leaves have gone yellow.

2011-09-11_19_39_12.jpg

2011-09-11_19_39_41.jpg
2011-09-11_19_39_59.jpg

Re: Sick plant, help please! Lemon Skunk 5 weeks flowering.

Hey wild for one I'm not an expert but......your temps are very high....30•C is way too hot... Remember you boil at 100•C....also if your using RO water don't forget your cal/mag could go bonkers....especially In flower....they also still need some Nitrogen... You could add a 6-4-4 into the mix of water....they will hermie if you don't change your temps... First hand experience with this....twice....they still look good though and it can be fixed.... Our not venting air?:peace:

Alright, what is RO water? I take it directly from the shower.
I got ventilation ofc with a carbon filter.
You mean they will turn hermaphrodite if they are too hot?

thanks for the respond!

Alright, what is RO water? I take it directly from the shower.
I got ventilation ofc with a carbon filter.
You mean they will turn hermaphrodite if they are too hot?

thanks for the respond!

Temps too hot and maybe over watering. Any stress can cause hermaphrodite. ph of 6.2 is a bit high for DWC. Might want to get some pH strips to compare to pen.

RO is reverse osmosis... Or filtered water...if you r using tap water than what's the ph?....and hermie is correct.... Too hot, to cold, to much light, extra light, blue light, Ahhh could be many reasons... But heat is always a culprit....I've had two grows in a row do this...have you been adding extra nitrogen?....

Hey! PP and CV, you two smokin some brain numbing bud right now aren't you? lol
The OP wrote the PH of his shower water is 6.2 and that he is growing this plant in soil.

Between those two things right there you can deduce that it is ph lockout due to an acidic soil condition. I bet your runoff is somewhere between 4.9 to 5.5 by now.
D.lime is not going to help this late in the grow, what you need to do is flush the acid out of the soil with alot of water that has calcium in it and it needs to be higher than 6.2
Flush until the soil runoff is at 7.0 and when the soil hits 6.3 again (which it will) you will have to raise it to 7.0 again. For future grows use a soil with an already balanced PH.

Wait a second! Your tap water (drinking water, shower water.) is 6.2....That is a bit unusual. I would invest in a new meter before anything else.... It is the most important tool that you will use in your grow and you need to count on its accuracy.

:goodluck:

Thanks a lot for the responds!

Well the tap water is around 8.0 when I tap it, then I add fertilizers and it hits somewhere around 6.8, after that I add some PH- to get it to 6.2.

Yes I'm growing in soil. I dont have any nitrogen only fertilizer.

What I'm using is sensi bloom part A and B.
The mix is 4,3-3,1-1,7 in part A (nitrogen, potassium, calcium) and 1-5-6 in part B (nitrogen, phosphor, potassium) and I add 2ml/l of each part.

Im just about to go to the post office and pick up a package with some PH sticks and alot more nice stuff. 600w hps w. cooltube. Some products to complete my homemade DWC and more =) I hope I will get this Lemon Skunk back on track tho..

I will try flushing today, but then I need to tap water and then add PH- to get it to like ph 7 and then flush?

Thanks a lot for the responds!

Well the tap water is around 8.0 when I tap it, then I add fertilizers and it hits somewhere around 6.8, after that I add some PH- to get it to 6.2.

Yes I'm growing in soil. I dont have any nitrogen only fertilizer.

What I'm using is sensi bloom part A and B.
The mix is 4,3-3,1-1,7 in part A (nitrogen, potassium, calcium) and 1-5-6 in part B (nitrogen, phosphor, potassium) and I add 2ml/l of each part.

Im just about to go to the post office and pick up a package with some PH sticks and alot more nice stuff. 600w hps w. cooltube. Some products to complete my homemade DWC and more =) I hope I will get this Lemon Skunk back on track tho..

I will try flushing today, but then I need to tap water and then add PH- to get it to like ph 7 and then flush?

You can use the 8.0 water to raise the soil ph with no problems just stop when the runoff hits the sweet spot. In fact you will use less water that way. If you lower the ph of the water to raise the ph of the soil you're going to be flushing for a long time.

And the others are correct in what they are saying when it comes to hermies... She can switch pretty quick when her environment is out of whack! You have to keep things in check. And you have to show her alot of love....:thumb:

Thanks for the help everyone.. I lowered the ph in my water since i noticed it was at like 6.7 so now at around 6.. She looks alot better!

2011-09-16_10_11_19.jpg
2011-09-20_10_04_04.jpg
2011-09-20_10_05_41.jpg

I agree with overwatering and too low soil pH. Best to shoot for 6.8 with in soil meter. Runoff is not always going to give you actual soil pH.

If the underlying cause is not addressed the problem will recur.

Cannabis can easily tolerate alkaline soils up to 7.5 but can't tolerate much more acid than a soil pH of 5.7. I bet your soil pH is in the mid 5s and possibly lower based on your photos.

Get some Dolomite Lime and put a good half inch layer on the surface of your soil and water with pH adjusted RO WATER of 7.0 for at least a week. An IN SOIL pH meter is a must in cases like this. I recommend the HydroFarm Wetness/pH for about $10.00 online. I own several of these and they are surprisingly accurate when checked with my lab grade digital meter.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom