Skunk Haze Pheno Hunt, Mr.Nice

politoed

What's up everybody? Time for a fun pheno hunt! This time it's Skunk Haze by Mr.Nice Seeds.. super excited to run this stuff. Haze was one of my favorites growing up, and I haven't had some incensey, skunky, piffy haze in years. Hope I find some.

IMG_2201.jpg

I just dropped the beans in some water moments ago. The plan is to run this hunt in my old 4x4 tent that currently is not in use. I better get building :D

After 36 hours in water and 36 in a damp paper towel, we had tadpoles!

I ended up dropping some Sugar Haze from a seedbank breeder (I think Sam the Skunkman). It is Santa Marta Colombian Gold x Haze (I think the Haze C male).. not sure on the fine details but should be cool regardless.

My plan is to flower out 9 females (hopefully).

17/18 Skunk Haze germinated
4/6 Sugar Haze germinated

IMG_2227.JPG

Then I planted all of my sprouts in these little tiny pots. Don't mind the dirty veg tent :p , I have a lot of work to do around here still.

I will take the 16 healthiest seedlings (or less) in about a week or so, transplant them into 3 gallon grow bags, and veg them out til they hopefully show pre-flowers.

IMG_2239.JPG

Still trucking along on the boring part here - the plants are about 3 weeks old now. They are a little small because I had to leave them in the starter pods longer than I would have liked. I transplanted them about a week or so ago. Soon I will be able to grab meristem clones. Probably will put them into flower in about 4 more weeks, although I am scared of how big these hazes can get.

I will make more frequent and detailed updates once we get to the fun parts.

I can see about 4 different phenos here. Some super squat, round leaf ones, some medium height/medium leaf ones, some medium height, 3 leaf prone ones, and then the 2 tall ones. Flowering should be interesting here. I ended up with 12 Skunk Hazes and 1 Santa Marta/Haze.

The other seedlings are a bunch of kushes for a different run.
IMG_2409.JPG

i honestly cannot believe i had luck this bad.

out of the 13 plants, all 12 MNS skunk haze are males.

the only female is the sugar haze LOL... i guess we can close this journal up. im sure its a great strain but im not about to chuck pollen if i dont even know how the smoke is. on to the next strain and the next grow i guess, cant win them all :D

Now that's bad luck ,,
Sorry to hear that they all males
and i treated them so nice too! they never wilted, the leaves dont have a spec of discoloration anywhere, environment was perfect. i wasnt even mad, i just laughed. 12/12 at a 50/50 ratio.. i should buy a lottery ticket tomorrow. i have plenty more haze seeds to grow so the show will go on.

apparently the odds of that happening are 1 in 416

Back
Top Bottom