Slow mail

Depends on where you order from. I get mine from Holland can take a little longer than expected.
where are they coming from.

I was actually wondering if anybody else was experiencing this out of paranoia. I have 4 different orders that are late. I was wondering if their onto me and have taken them in preparation of criminal charges or something. Lol I've heard a few bad stories.

Sorry brother I’m in Canada .
Sounds like clones will be a safer way to go if you ever get one of your orders. Stay safe.

I have a cyber Monday still order processing (they did charge me though), waiting on it to ship from about a 5 hour drive away. We are in the worst of it now for the USPS in between Thanksgiving and Xmas.

I do have a overseas seed order from Black Friday arriving already tomorrow, that is a surprise. The second order I placed only a few minutes after the first order has yet to make it overseas.

These were all ordered two weeks ago. Well, some on black Friday also I guess. Like you, I usually get them in three to four days myself. packages usually come in 4 days or so when using US breeders and seed banks. I'm sure its just the holiday rush, but paranoia sometimes gets ya thinking. Lol

Holidays bad time to ship anything or have it meet any "normal" time frames, throw in all the Covid stuff on top of it I wouldn't expect anything near "normal". Small places that might have a friend or two helping with shipping may be more like a Mom and Pop setup with all this going on, so if they got hammered with Sales on the Holiday they may be taking a few more days than "normal" to get things shipped out. My vote just paranoia and have a toke and chill and give it longer than "usual", as unless you ordering 100's at a time johnny law more interested in busting the folks selling them than folks receiving a few packs of beans (100's they may start looking for your grow warehouse with 200 plants ;) :rofl:) . But I hear ya on the don't like having them cross country lines and going thru Customs as I paranoid on that myself, odds of package being searched in country slim to none and better odds of it being found because the sorting machine at Post Office had the bubble mailer for lunch and the contents were found that way on the floor.

Went to post office yesterday there was an hour and a half wait,poor lady at counter was overwhelmed. I hope your beans are still on the way give it some time to get through all the mayhem behind the scenes at the post office. Hopefully be there soon.

I ordered from True North Seed Bank in Canada and it took about 3 weeks. The tracking said 12/3 delivery but it arrived on 12/7. Our postal service here in the US has been used as a political pawn and mail deliveries have slowed considerably. I would advise patience.

BTW, True North was awesome to deal with even when I was frustrated. I'm happy with the experience.

Oh I'm not worried about the actual beans. I literally have several thousand! Lol. I worry that I ordered too much with my recent spree and they caught on to me. However, as Mr. Monk advised, I should chill. Its probably just the holiday shipping crunch.
I clearly need more friends like you! "Several thousand" sounds like a problem but I am there for you Brother, we all are! Now what's that address? I'll bring the home brew!

:adore:

Lol. I like a good home brew! Yeah, I do have too many seeds. This is my only real hobby though, so the purchases really haven't hurt me although they are excessive. I know I'll never grow them all, but I collect cannabis genetics. Its my thing. Some people like baseball cards. I think magic beans are much more interesting.

I ordered from True North Seed Bank in Canada and it took about 3 weeks. The tracking said 12/3 delivery but it arrived on 12/7. Our postal service here in the US has been used as a political pawn and mail deliveries have slowed considerably. I would advise patience.

BTW, True North was awesome to deal with even when I was frustrated. I'm happy with the experience.
It happens when someone is appointed Postmaster over the entire thing even though he has never had any experience in the job he was given. NoJoy, DeJoy or whatever he calls himself, gets the job and the first thing he does is piss off the workers.

Yes, this is the busiest time of the year for the post office, for UPS, for FedEx and for every other delivery company. Add in all the people who are staying home and ordering everything that they see and are having that shipped. The news, whether on TV, radio, the newspapers or on-line sources are having articles every day now about the delays, sometimes over 2 weeks for 1st class mail.

If that package of seeds was put in the wrong bin at even one post office it can easily take several additional weeks to get to where it is supposed to be.

It happens when someone is appointed Postmaster over the entire thing even though he has never had any experience in the job he was given. NoJoy, DeJoy or whatever he calls himself, gets the job and the first thing he does is piss off the workers.

Yes, this is the busiest time of the year for the post office, for UPS, for FedEx and for every other delivery company. Add in all the people who are staying home and ordering everything that they see and are having that shipped. The news, whether on TV, radio, the newspapers or on-line sources are having articles every day now about the delays, sometimes over 2 weeks for 1st class mail.

If that package of seeds was put in the wrong bin at even one post office it can easily take several additional weeks to get to where it is supposed to be.
Intelligent comments get you followed. :Namaste:

Lol. I like a good home brew! Yeah, I do have too many seeds. This is my only real hobby though, so the purchases really haven't hurt me although they are excessive. I know I'll never grow them all, but I collect cannabis genetics. Its my thing. Some people like baseball cards. I think magic beans are much more interesting.
If you ned some grow help I am there for you my Brother. I laugh because at one point I had collected a lot of wine. I had many years of enjoyment and finally I am beginning to see the end of my collection. I think of thousands of seeds and it makes me head hurt thinking about how I'd get thrpugh them.

BTW, I'd enjoy and appreciate conversations to help me learn more about genetics. I see people saying things like; "I crossed this Kush with that DoSiDo and made amazing strains. I don't even know what that means yet. I'm a total beginner with a lucky first grow at the moment so I am dependent on the crew here to bring me along. It is a steep learning curve!

I'm pretty sure I'll end up in the same boat too, I'm loving this new hobby! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom