MufasaDaPlant

First time growing. Germination was quick. Originally, my plant seemed to be growing fine. Early on, I began noticing a slight yellow color appearing on my initial fan leaves. I Ignorantly decided to add fish fertilizer (4-1-1). Initially this brought back a greener look however it began to slightly whiten the tip of my fan leaf (picture2). I haven’t added anything besides water since and that seemed to cure the white tips. As the pale green leaves still persisted, I decided to move my led bulbs farther away. The color is still the same, however doing this has definitely benefited my plant. Tomorrow marks the 4th week since the first sprout and it’s leaf growth is no where near the proper benchmark that it should be at. Please help me, I’ve dedicated a month to trying to keep her alive and I don’t want her to die!

Strain - ?
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - 4weeks since sprout
Bucket Size - red solo cup
Lights - (2) regular led bulbs 450lumen
Nutrients -
Medium - organic soil
PPM - ?
PH - ?
RH - 47% to 55%
Room Temperature -72 to 75
Solution Temperature - ?
Room Square Footage - 1sqft
Pests - Fungus gnats****

****the gnats were previously living in the soil I bought. I have done very well of not overwatering. This has decreased the rate in which I notice the gnats. I rarely find them so that is a good sign.

-picture1: roughly a week since sprout
-picture2: shows the pale green and slight tip burn ‘’’
-picture 3&4: most recent photos, still pale green ‘’’

‘’’roughly 2.5 week span between pic 2 and 3

I know this is a lot, but please give it all a read as I’m not sure what to do; much appreciated!
9D84F05C-D613-44C9-9165-1FD5FBE87D48.png
8A4C5769-A1CE-404F-AA56-992EE876D52C.png
3666AA6B-175C-4582-841E-41D81146DDDF.png
C80741A9-EBAB-4714-AEE8-965866508698.png

What's in the soil? What sort of soil? How many watts are you running? It's definitely not right. Even if you could get a PH on the soil, it could be a nutrient lockout of some sort. Keep in mind that a plant in distress is prone to being a hermaphrodite regardless of what the original gender was.

I started my plants under 5000K (daytime bright), 60w equivalent, regular screw in type LED bulbs. The 450 lumens you have is not enough. I had the bulbs only 2-3 inches away from the top of the plants. That's where yours need to be. If it doesn't burn your hand, it won't burn your plant. The reason the plant in your last photo is so "leggy", is because your lights are too far away. You should transplant into a different pot, and cover up a bunch of that stem. I agree, too much bark/ too many large chunks of it. Gets some regular potting soil.

Now I know using screw-in led bulbs aren’t ideal for a grow, however, I am attempting to complete the grow in the most cost effective way. I bought these bulbs, pictured below, please let me know if adding these two bulbs plus the two 450 lumens led bulbs that I already have will suffice. I’m scared to transplant into a bigger pot with better plotting soil because I fear that she won’t be able to recover; any tips for that?
2B45B9A8-2924-4059-8556-583FB7966C15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom