Small Humidifier Recommendation

I have a 36"x36"x 72" tent that i'd like to raise the humidity in. It's running around 42% now that the weather has changed. What are your thoughts?

Depends on how much work you want to do, how powerful your airflow is, and how you’re heating the room. You can get a smaller tank one like this:

IMG_6987.jpeg

And it’ll do the trick in most situations but if you have to run it on high you’ll have to change the tank every 8 hours.

One thing you need to watch out for is total runtime. Very often manufacturers will say their humidifier will run for 24 hours (or any other timeframe they’ve stated) on one tank. This is true if you run the humidifier on the lowest setting. However, if I’ve needed to use a humidifier, the lowest setting isn’t enough. When you turn it to high then what was originally a 24 hour run time per tank turns into 8 hours per tank

I would recommend one like this for most home growers in a tent:

IMG_6988.jpeg

It’s a little bit extra but it’s a lot less work with a tank twice the size of the previous item.

I have both humidifiers I showed here. I need both of them if I’m running a heater in the tent. Otherwise I just use the bigger one as needed.

Either one of the humidifiers I posted will work well in your situation. Probably will work a little better for you if your tent is sealed, I just have a passive airflow setup

I grow in a 2' x 4' and have tried three humidifiers over the past two years. Hands down favorite is the T3 from AC Infinity.

You can get a cheaper humidifier but maybe $10 or$20 (there's always something cheaper) but the T4 works with the AC Infinity controllers and that is a great way to make life easier.

I use the Controller 69 to run two fans and my humidifier. Below is a screenshot from the AC Infinity app. You can see that the Controller 69 has kept the RH at what is considered a perfect level for the entire month.

Yes, humidity has varied but the C69 has changed the humidity in response to changes in temperature - temperature + humidity are what go into VPD or vapor pressure deficit and VPD is key to having a great grow. I set the VPD level in the C69 to 0.8 for seedling and then bumped it up to 1.0 for veg and the grow has been right on the money.

I just checked their site and the T4 is sold out. :-(

If you can't wait for them to restock, the next one down my list is the Waco Reptile Fogger with Humidity Controller. That's last one I used before I upgraded to the T4. It's got it's own sensor, so you don't have to buy an Inkbird, and the hose extends to something like 8', which can be really helpful.

1701989547410.jpeg

If you can't wait for them to restock, the next one down my list is the Waco Reptile Fogger

How did you like the reptile fogger? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my plants but haven’t pulled the trigger on it

How did you like the reptile fogger? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my plants but haven’t pulled the trigger on it
It's a good product.

Mine is ≈ 2 years old and doesn't have the RH sensor so I had to spring for an Inkbird. That older version came with a "splitter" that allows you to connect the two hoses that came with it. Dunno if that's part of the new model. Also, it remembers settings in the event of a power outage.

If you can't wait on the AC Infinity humidifiers to be in stock, this is the one I'd go for. I also used a Levoit and it was OK but that model wasn't WiFi. :-(

Longer term outlook - get a $20 model and use it until you can get an AC Infinity model. Recycle the humidifier to the spousal unit ("Merry Christmas, honey, I bought you a new vacuum and a humidifier!"), get the T4 + C69 from AC Infinity, and solve your VPD problems forever. I realize I don't need to tell you, or anyone else, how to grow but that setup has saved hours of time fiddling around with the Inkbird and VPD is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom