Smoking bud hairs

if u picked the hairs there would be no hairs left on the bud ur going to smoke.. Id do it if i had mass amounts but I think i like to keep my bud in tacked as not to tamper with it and shake all that good stuff off

I know a only a little past 50, and I know I've only been smoking for 30 years, but I've never yet been quite bored enough to pick the hairs off my bud!

I remember smoking a bowl of red hairs left in the bottom of the baggie from an oz of Mexican redhair. I'm sure it got me high, but it was probably 25 or 30 years ago.

I think this will resolve the debate. Notice the resin glands on the pistil in this image. That means you WILL get high if you harvest and smoke the red hairs (pistils).
121281_2_-med.JPG

And in this image you can also see the capitate stalked trichomes on the pistils
207211759P9270004.JPG

I tried it once.. rolled a red hair joint... it wasnt very potent .. seemed to burn very quickly.. i definatly think it would be more effective to vaporize them then burn them.. just my opinion.. i have never done it since was just a waste of time to me... :passitleft:

Nice photos Moose. That sure cleared up the debate lol.
A few years ago I got my hands on about half an esky worth of leaf trim for nothing. So I got 3 stoner mates round to my place, and we sat there and sifted the trim through a kitchen strainer until we'd done the whole lot a few times over. What we had left almost looked like pure hairs (pistils). We had a few bongs, and rolled a few joints with straight "hairs", and this was very potent! 1 of my lady friends also stopped by, she was a newbie to smoking so the poor girl spent the entire session balled up on the couch trying to hide her face and kept telling us not to look at her :laughtwo: ha ha
I got so ripped I had to run upstairs and do the ol' cold shower trick. Didn't really help much hahahaha.

It was nice to smoke if I remember correctly :) A very different kind of high to smoking bud on it's own.

BUMP

you want to see red hairs because that means that the bud came to matureaty and not picked early the red hairs are no indication of good weed i have tryed bad weed with loads of red hairs and no hairs have no thc they are just there to catch pollen from a male plant to make seeds but wither and turn red when its near the end of budding. so hairs have NO THC. sorry but im sure it true

um red & orange hairs do indicate the bud is really good especially the long ones, what are you talking about ?

you want to see red hairs because that means that the bud came to matureaty and not picked early the red hairs are no indication of good weed i have tryed bad weed with loads of red hairs and no hairs have no thc they are just there to catch pollen from a male plant to make seeds but wither and turn red when its near the end of budding. so hairs have NO THC. sorry but im sure it true

You are right up until the, "so hairs have NO THC. sorry but im sure it true". Hairs come out of the calyx a.k.a. the resin calyx which is full of resin a.k.a. THC. This happens because as you said, "they are just there to catch pollen from a male plant". the way the plant decides to improve their pollen catching system (the hairs) they produce the sticky trichomes full of cannaboids which consists of the active chemical THC. The crystals are a hot spot for cannaboids thats why you smoke the bud and not the leaves because the cannaboids are not as easily accessible because they are inside the plant fibers.

So yes it is an indication of THC-abundant weed or, good weed.

I hope you learned something today, happy cheifen'

Back
Top Bottom