So Frustrated I Might Quit Growing

ClarkKent

Hello 420magazine! Everyone on here is great and I know this for a fact but do you ever get completely fed up with your own failure? I have....

1000 watt switchable light in a COOL TUBE

4x8x7 tent with a 3000 BTU air conditioner

2 400 and something inline fans creating that negative pressure to put these smells through a huge CARBON FILTER

I use FOX FARM nutrients

BUT my house doesnt have central heating or air so even with the air conditioner it stays at 85-90 degrees. FOr whatever reason i put plants in the tent whether right at flowering or growing them from clone in there and they get yellow and die.

Everytime it is something different. I have FAILED 6 GROWS IN A ROW in 2 years and I know there are dudes on here with girls who expect results to compensate for the "problems" that come with this. AND I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO BUY HER ANYTHING.

I guess im venting but if anyone feels like helping I can post photos.

My internal cost benefit analysis is telling my to cut losses until I get a house with AC or until divine knowledge drops from the sky.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

CK

thats a tough one bro. you sound like you have the ultimate recipe for sucess there..what are your details. like what there in , is it just ff soil and additives? how long is the veg, do you have paint or something thats killing em with fumes? what do you feed em in veg, what do you feed em in flower. do you keep a journal for yourself so if on the 16th something goes wrong then you can look back and maybe figure it out?
maybe hit me with some details and im sure i can help you bro. oh and i get it with the girl.....if i could grow a coach pocketbook tree, theyd be all over the house. and shed love em. get some photos up and i guarantee if we go through your process we WILL figure it out..the grow im on is my probably 15th time around. started 15 yrs ago outdoors, brought it indoors 4 yrs ago. and really 85 to 90 shouldnt kill em. if there yellowing then dying there has to be a deficiency somewhere. unless you have some sort of bad chemical on the walls thats bleeding into the air. but how would they make it all the way to flower then die. theres no reason why they should just all of a sudden die when going into flower......could freon be bleeding into the air from the a/c?

The first thing you need to do is break down and buy her something for being so patient!

As GROWITSTICKY stated, 85-90 is not ideal, but I've grown plenty in that range. I had a bad run of problems that cost me 3 grows, so I know where you are coming from.

Give us all the details and pics and lets get you growin' some good dank! :smokin:

Hello 420magazine! Everyone on here is great and I know this for a fact but do you ever get completely fed up with your own failure? I have....

1000 watt switchable light in a COOL TUBE

4x8x7 tent with a 3000 BTU air conditioner

2 400 and something inline fans creating that negative pressure to put these smells through a huge CARBON FILTER

I use FOX FARM nutrients

BUT my house doesnt have central heating or air so even with the air conditioner it stays at 85-90 degrees. FOr whatever reason i put plants in the tent whether right at flowering or growing them from clone in there and they get yellow and die.

Everytime it is something different. I have FAILED 6 GROWS IN A ROW in 2 years and I know there are dudes on here with girls who expect results to compensate for the "problems" that come with this. AND I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO BUY HER ANYTHING.

I guess im venting but if anyone feels like helping I can post photos.

My internal cost benefit analysis is telling my to cut losses until I get a house with AC or until divine knowledge drops from the sky.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

CK

i think i would invest in a portable a/c for the room, and have the ac for tent checked out to see if it is work correctly. buy the misses somthing fast

There are a few strains that handle temps that high, but not many. I feel your pain. It seems like you've been trying to do the right thing. I don't know how many plants you have been trying to grow, but I would suggest starting out with a 400watt instead of the 1000watt in your situation. Grow 3 - 4 plants and you should be good. Another thing you can do, is do a test run with a lower wattage light before you begin to grow. Check temps. Hope this helps. ;-)

you guys are awesome!

Fox farm trio but I usually give them half what FF chart says until they look sturdy enough to handle it.

great idea about the AC it is rather old....

Pics tonight when I get off work!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

hey ClarkKent you dont gotta be super man to grow. :smokin:
you can try silica i picked up some for my current grow. I have been told that silica a good supplement for plants. It helps them deal with stress and drought conditions. I have been feeding with every watering and foliar feeding with it every day. They are healthy little girls. i learned about it for following irishboys 1080w LED Infernocurrent grow. Which is a wealth of info.
I guess there are about three factories in China that produce virtually all of the grow tents on the market today for all of the different brands. It seems that at some point one of these factories switched materials (PVC instead of polyethylene) which would emit toxic gas when exposed to heat. The companies were not aware of this until it was too late and the tents that they had sold their customers had killed crop after crop. Hydrohut and Sunhut were the brands hit the hardest.
this i learned from RaoulDuke's grow. Something to make sure of. I say this because i have grown in temps between 85-95 and im currently growing with temps between 83-90 which isn't so far off from your grows. The only other advice i can give is check your ph at least every watering. This is something I'm doing on this grow that i hadn't done before. Good luck an don't give up you will get it.
and remember "a fool in his folly becomes wise." :tokin:

that really sucks about losing all those grows..
1st off,, buy the girl something.. :) if she is happy, then your life is easier, if she is not happy,, you will be miserable (at least that is how it is in my house) :)

I am dealing with high temps, like 85+ all the time, 95 a few times, my girls are surviving, (although a few got real yelow, I think they got thirsty) but anyways, I don't think the temps are the issue

my bet would be that old A/c unit like growitstickey said, or that your tent is toxic, like falcore mentioned. I remember reading about the toxic tents a while ago as well.

If i read your setup right, it kinda sounds like a 3000 btu AC is in the tent with two 400 cfm fans?
the AC cant cool the tent if your pumping 800 cfm thorough the tent. you gotta cool the air intake so hot air is not rushing in all day long.

What type of ac unit is it> how is it installed?

Is the 1000w on at night or in the day?

Summer is not the best time to start an indoor...many seasoned growers just take the summer off to avoid the hassles of dealing with heat.

Ive had a bad 6 months myself.....it was terrible.......the fact that ALL of your attempts have failed means something....
I think you are pushing so much air thru the ac is taxed....its just a heat exchanger....remove 1 fan and check temps
I dont think its the tent off gassing but it is possible.
90F wont kill the plants...been there done that...might slow them down a lil bit but if they have roots they will live
whats the media? soil?
we need pics bro....could be something really simple
are you changing the variables or are you doing the same things each time?
grow 1 plant under CFL's outside the tent and see what happens....(inexpensive test).
this really helps us diagnose....pics too

How to Ask for Grow Support

PV's idea of growing one outside the tent is sage advice.

another Q:

whats the source of the water? well? city? filtered? softened? ect...

Hi CK,

first don't give up.answer the previous post with facts,and you will get the problem solved.If the "pit viper" helps,your good as gold.+reps for keep on,keeping on.I'm subscribed.:)
HH

ok here we go!

STRAINS

Aurora Indica
Bubblelicious
Unknown indica dominant

ALL FROM NIRVANA

holy crap this post about the toxic tents makes me so very angry, I purchased my sunhut tent solely to avoid anything toxic. now that you mention it I have 6 T5 lights and plants always grew very well underneath it.

GEDC0405.JPG

this is my garden right now. The AC hangs out the window and blows its cold air downwards and straight into the tent. I have my 2 inline fans on the ducting with the cool tube.

GEDC0410.JPG

Here is a closeup of my unknown. This plant exemplifies the problems being experienced by all of my plants.

GEDC0407.JPG

rsz_gedc0501.jpg

Here is a picture from not to long ago where I was rooting and growing clones underneath the T5's and they were doing great.

I CANT BELIEVE THAT TENT! I have a 4x8x7 sunhut and I am looking at how expensive it is going to be to replace this....

Any more questions? anything i didnt answer?

city water that is actually pretty close to 7 PH

Never Quit!!!

I have a friend who had the same look to all his plants in his tent..
He used all FF soil,nutes, and nute sched. His problem was he would ph his water before adding nutes lol.. and it was a simple fix. he never got to harvest till his 4th grow almost 2yrs into growing. Then he was given the solution to his problem..His PH was so far off it was like adding acid to the soil. over time the plant couldn't recover. He now ph's his water after the nutes have been mixed into the water and has had 2 harvests since then.

Sometimes it's the littlest detail we were unaware of that makes all the difference.

Never Quit!!!

He used all FF soil,nutes, and nute sched. His problem was he would ph his water before adding nutes lol.. and it was a simple fix. he never got to harvest till his 4th grow almost 2yrs into growing. Then he was given the solution to his problem..His PH was so far off it was like adding acid to the soil. over time the plant couldn't recover. He now ph's his water after the nutes have been mixed into the water and has had 2 harvests since then.

Sometimes it's the littlest detail we were unaware of that makes all the difference.

so true!!

Never Quit!!!

Along this vein, what PH are you feeding at and what is your runoff PH?

Back
Top Bottom