SOG Q's?

That would've been smart.. gives you a little more room on the outside to reach in. It's not hard to set up a drip system though, just need a water pump some tubing and the drippers. Might be a good thing with ScrOGs.

Mr.M said:
That would've been smart.. gives you a little more room on the outside to reach in. It's not hard to set up a drip system though, just need a water pump some tubing and the drippers. Might be a good thing with ScrOGs.

I just posted an update on my grow.1/2 inch tee connector, 1/2 tubing and a cut in half water bottle put together make a cheap irrigation ring. Haha

That's right! I forgot about your MacGyver setup. :thumb:

Hi Mr.M! My friend OMM has used bush master once, he liked the product... Though he doesn't still use it. He just FIM's the shit out of plants to control height!

If I'm not mistaken... NorCaliWood uses bushmaster... I could be. It was a while ago that I had the conversation with OldMedMan, but I think he said it was NCwood. Either way, does what it says... Bushes out your plants while slowing down vertical growth.

If your worried about root binding, grab some airpots! I'm rolling with them, gotta big bushy Kauai High plant thats sending her roots through the holes now.. That bugger would be really bound in a regular pot... I have a friend that uses SmartPots, but you can only reuse them if the roots do not grow into the fabric... They are cheaper, but you might have to get new ones each grow.

Wasup Mr M im using all advanced led theyre wasup but i was trying to get across in my early post is the strain is what matters with max yeild sog and defoliating is not good i respect 420fied stuff alot i lurked for a year watching his setup but he also had the strain and he only flush for i think 5 days after 2 months of nutes probably really shity lung raping smoke just imo....... I can tell you with the same setup you have get heavy duty fruity,critical haze or killer skunk and i guarantee if you get the right pheno that stretches alot with no side branch you will destroy what your doing now.:thumb:

The fact that you think 'only' flushing plants for 5 days gives you "shity lung raping smoke" tells me that you haven't grown much MJ.

I know several master growers who don't flush at all.

Also, what hard data do you have that proves that defoliation is "not good" ?

Gotta throw my 2 cents in, 1st time grower here, single bagseed plant. Managed to train and top my baby to have 28 heads. Not a SCROG, just heavily trained and cantilevered. Have a ton of bud sites under the canopy and knew I had to try defoliation. Jeebus christo, did that work out well. The poor thing looked like a poodle fresh from the groomer after I pruned it, 7 days later the lower buds have all almost doubled in size, many are turning into colas due to branches being almost horizontal. Also have a lot of new water leaves coming out, so will probably defoliate again in a week or so. Probably the best trick I have picked up anywhere.

As to flushing, I've read and seen enough to convince me it's highly overrated. Your plant doesn't just pipe the nutes straight up to the leaves and fruits. By the time they get to the stem, they are mostly broken down into food that the green parts of the plant can use. I've never seen a hydro grower of vegetables flush his crop before picking. Hydro tomatoes ripen sequentially in clusters, if they had to flush they would never harvest anything. Will I flush? Yes, but only for a few days.

I didnt write the numbers down it was my own experiment with defoliating for a year and i found it to be hurtful why dont you try a side by side like i did? You saw your boy do your whole growing style and belived his results do your own test and see what happens.As far as the flushing subject everybody is different i water at least 10 times before i cut i respect your grow and all the time you spend on this forum but i wouldnt want to smoke your weed just my opinion.

I didnt write the numbers down it was my own experiment with defoliating for a year and i found it to be hurtful why dont you try a side by side like i did? You saw your boy do your whole growing style and belived his results do your own test and see what happens.As far as the flushing subject everybody is different i water at least 10 times before i cut i respect your grow and all the time you spend on this forum but i wouldnt want to smoke your weed just my opinion.

Who is "my boy" ?
..and I've done my own tests and found defoliation to be beneficial. That's why I continue to do it.

You're right though. Everyone has an opinion on flushing. I suggest you heed your own advice and do a test. Flush some of your plants for 14 days, 10 days, 5 days, and 0 days and tell me how much difference you find in the smoke.

I've done several tests through hundreds of plants flushing up to 14 days and everywhere in between with no noticeable difference in the smoke. I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

I'm going to go enjoy some of my lung raping smoke now. Best of luck.

The purpose of flushing is to remove excess salt buildup in your medium. If you don't overnute then flushing is not needed. Unfortunately most people don't realize less is more when it comes to nutes so the result is their product tasting harsh.

Personally I taper off nitrogen towards the end and run a 2-3 day flush with clearex. But this is for personal smoke. I've done crops without flushing using Miracle gro soil and nutes and the product tasted fine.

If your so worried about harsh smoke why not just go full organic and not even think about it.

"No noticeable difference"? So if your getting a x-ray or intaking something harmfull do u notice a difference?No because your thyroid gland obsorbs radiation and doesnt release it out your body or that cancer takes time to develope.Everybody is different im a athlete and avid outdoorsman so i want my weed to be cashed after one hit everytime,up here in the northwest there is as much weed and clubs as cali and my clients see me over all this competition and they have cards so to each his own.As much time you spend on all your hard data its funny you didnt record the side by side test of defoliated and not show everybody your results your the info guy.And you know who your boy is you got your whole style from.

"No noticeable difference"? So if your getting a x-ray or intaking something harmfull do u notice a difference?No because your thyroid gland obsorbs radiation and doesnt release it out your body or that cancer takes time to develope.Everybody is different im a athlete and avid outdoorsman so i want my weed to be cashed after one hit everytime,up here in the northwest there is as much weed and clubs as cali and my clients see me over all this competition and they have cards so to each his own.As much time you spend on all your hard data its funny you didnt record the side by side test of defoliated and not show everybody your results your the info guy.And you know who your boy is you got your whole style from.

I can't even understand what you're trying to convey here.

It's tough trying to debate with someone who clearly hasn't grown much, if any MJ at all.

Do(and believe) as you wish. I'll do the same.

You understand what im saying and I wasnt trying to debate with you i gave my opinion and you dont even want to respond bout doing a side by side or how you got your style......Breathe shitty air in you dont notice a difference until your 50 and get asthma or respiratory problems.

I can't even understand what you're trying to convey here.

It's tough trying to debate with someone who clearly hasn't grown much, if any MJ at all.

Do(and believe) as you wish. I'll do the same.

Honestly, I smoke so much I'm practically raping my lungs anyway.

:) Just had to comment, that made me laugh when you said that. I use OC+, so I'm in the same unflushable camp as hydro-growers. Hopefully people figure it out before I get good at growing and have to have an opinion :loopy:

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post! :)

I believe defoliation is necessary for proper control of your plants, which is the goal in a SoG. From what I've seen it doesn't inhibit growth all too drastically unless you flat out rape her.

I've been gone for awhile but things are about to get rolling. I've been busy getting together a bigger area for farming. Moving stuff and whatnot.. I'm still going to try the 1-liter setup in my box. I have 6 healthy clones rooting as I type.
The new area is 6x7x8. I decided against using T-5s on shelves. Although I would be able to fit more plants.................. I would like to experience a 600watter. Thinking of doing a wall for a 4x6 flower area and the rest for my moms. Only problem is ventilation. cheap a/c maybe.

I have the one plant I've had for almost a year now, awesome strain, high stress level (she's been through a lot), with some dense buds I never could've dreamed of growing. Then two other bagseeds I have yet to flower.
Then I germed a Frisian Dew, a Twilight, and a Cotton Candy.
Which I ordered from attitude along with:
Blue Venom
Blue Widow
White Widow
Pineapple Chunk
and Purple #1 which the site claims is also known as Blueberry..?

I also got a couple free ones. So I'm pretty stoked on getting this going and checking these strains out. Hopefully reeeaaal soon

What do you consider as rape when your defoliating? You cut off all the fan leaves thats what defoliating is. Do a side by side or anybody else who thinks there is little effect and show the results so people can see what really happens.

Sure thing. I'm all for saving the trees jbiz, but in order to optimize our wannabe suns light rays for a SoG, a plant needs to be defoliated. When were focusing on a single cola, fan leaves get in the way and they will steal light not only from the stalk it grows from, but also the others around it. The bud sites enjoy getting more light right?

And rape is when you totally defoul your pretty little ladies. Although some times people deem it necessary (I've done my fair share). I have never experienced a hermie from stress levels either, which i think is amazing. But as we all know Marijuana is a survivor and will live through a lot. A little bit of trimming might shock a flowering plant, but it's all in good hope for the danknasty colas.

Back
Top Bottom