SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

:popcorn:

I'm really happy you got those upgrades and can't wait to see what you do with them. Looks great! :thumb:

XLR8! My Bro! Thanks, Man! :thanks:

It's always great sharing a grow with you, whether it's mine, yours, or someone else's! :Namaste:

Subbed of course! :thumb:

OMM! My friend & mentor! :adore:

I'm glad you made it, Bro! :welcome:

With all the activity going on with your journal, it's impressive you have time for anything else! :)

I'm lovin' the stories! :bravo:

Nice purchase one the new tent, I have the same size and absolutely love it!!! Can't wait to see it in full LED action!!!

Thanks, Ice, and welcome!

How's the tent been working for you? Are you using LED, also?

What sold you on this particular light/company? Not saying it's bad, it's just with so many choices out there I'm curious what in particular about this one appeals to you.

Hey, McMuff! :welcome:

The Blackstars are somewhat "proven" in that I know they work and are not a "Chinese POS" LED. Plus, I seem to be able to get the lowest price/watt from their lights. The 500w sells for $549 (retail) which is less money that most of the "quality" 300 watt LEDs out there and about half the cost of a 600w.

So, it's just my personal opinion, but if I were going to spend $1,200 on LED's, I'd buy TWO 500w Blackstars over ONE of the 600w being offered by some of the competitors.

Just to be clear before I start getting flamed...I'm NOT saying the BlackStar is a better light than any in particular. I'm simply saying I get pretty good quality at a very low cost/watt.

Nice introduction To the journal mr Krip it's funny how much you can learn in such a short period of time no matter how much you know you learn somthing new everyday (well i do) Like others I'll be following :D looking forward to seeing Theese bonsai mothers they look so pretty.What are you going to be feeding your ladies?

:thumb:

Thanks, GSpeed! :thanks:

Yup! Read everything you can, and it's amazing how much and how quickly you can gain knowldge in a subject, but the learning is never over! For now, I'm gonna be feeding the AN nutes I've been using.

My nute/additive "repetoir" includes:

AN Grow/Micro/Bloom
AN Big Bud
AN Bud Candy
AN OverDrive
DM Gold Zone
SuperThrive
ProTek Silica
Cal-Mag, as needed
Clearex for flushing
H2O2 (used mostly in the hydro res's)

Hey, McMuff! :welcome:

The Blackstars are somewhat "proven" in that I know they work and are not a "Chinese POS" LED. Plus, I seem to be able to get the lowest price/watt from their lights. The 500w sells for $549 (retail) which is less money that most of the "quality" 300 watt LEDs out there and about half the cost of a 600w.

So, it's just my personal opinion, but if I were going to spend $1,200 on LED's, I'd buy TWO 500w Blackstars over ONE of the 600w being offered by some of the competitors.

Just to be clear before I start getting flamed...I'm NOT saying the BlackStar is a better light than any in particular. I'm simply saying I get pretty good quality at a very low cost/watt.

interesting. Thanks.

subbed, now I only have to keep track of 37 journals

That's it?! I know what you mean. That's probably the same amount for me. Mostly the same ones, too, I'm sure.

That's it?! I know what you mean. That's probably the same amount for me. Mostly the same ones, too, I'm sure.

All of you Old 420 members have these journals that are millions of pages long. I try to catch up to some but I sit there for hours reading. Especially those perpetual grows. Impossible to catch up to.:lot-o-toke:

subbed, now I only have to keep track of 37 journals

All of you Old 420 members have these journals that are millions of pages long. I try to catch up to some but I sit there for hours reading. Especially those perpetual grows. Impossible to catch up to.:lot-o-toke:

:rofl: Check this out...I'm subscribed to 71 grow journals PLUS I have another dozen or so stored in a separate folder called "Reference". Of the 71 I'm sub'd to, ALL BUT NINE have been active this month! :reading420magazine:

QUICK PIC UPDATE

I mentioned earlier in my previous journal that although the Power Skunk clone wasn't yet showing any roots out of the cube, she was looking pretty perky this morning and I had a hunch she had rooted.

She was a pretty small clone when I took her, since I was in a rush to top her Mom (she was the first topping!), and I've seen many times where the roots on the clones will grow out of the side of the cubes. So, earlier today, I peeled back enough of the plastic covering on the rockwool to check, and, sure enough, she had some decent roots showing, so tonight I transplanted her to a mini-hempy and put her in the tent with the other "rockwool clones" to start vegging.

Here's the roots growing out of the sides of the cube, but not yet reaching the bottom:

DSCN08643.JPG

DSCN08652.JPG

And, here she is with the other 6 PE clones that I thought had died. Shes' the one in back in the BLACK hempy:

DSCN08662.JPG

Of the two still not transplanted into hempys, one is showing roots out of the cube and will get transplanted tomorrow.

The latest six clones started in the TurboKlone 4 days ago are almost all showing signs of root development. They're too small for the camera to really focus on, but here's a few pics that show something is going on:

This one was a VERY small clone with probably no more than an inch of stem below the neoprene insert, but if you look at the top, right by the insert, you can see a thin strand of root. It's probably the longest of the bunch, but also one of the thinnest:

DSCN08672.JPG

Here's a couple more that are still "spikes" developing:

DSCN08702.JPG

DSCN08693.JPG

So, if all continues to go well, I'm gonna start this SOG with TWELVE plants, instead of six. Eleven of the twelve will be Pineapple Express and I'll have the one Power Skunk, which will be a good test run. Since I've never grown the PS, it will give me a chance to see how she does on nutes, stretch, etc.

Happy Harvests!

K

Hey MR. Rockefeller,
I had been with you longer than you know. I was sandbagging remember ? lol
My concern for your absence brought me out. That or the lack of pics.:tokin:

This one is three pages already and you haven't even started. I'll have to hire someone to read to me if this moves any faster !

I wasn't saying YOU waited for 100 pages, just making the point the when they get that long, it's a real PITA to get through, in spite of all the great info you might pick up.

I'll have to talk to someone about turning my journals into audio books! :)

Concern is appreciated! :thanks:

Speaking of long journals, it reminds me of an old Yogi Berra quote:

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded". ;)

:rofl: - Good stuff! Yogi Berra had some epic ones....

Pulling up a chair for more 2 Liter mania!

Hey, thanks for stopping by 420fied! :thanks:

I sure feel a lot better about doing my first 2L SOG with you around! :adore:

I'll be ordering the new light next week and by Monday of the following week, hope to have enough roots in the cloner to get the first round started!

I'm here Mr. K!

Looking forward to the ride! :yahoo:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Hey, Bro! You know I wasn't really gonna start this thing until you got here! Forget about enjoying the ride...I'm counting on you for some backseat driving! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom