SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

Great looking nugs a couple of pages back, and things in the Krip garden look spectacular as always. I like the UBT idea for Sqwheels's garden. 'Specially with the 12 plant limit - might work nicely if flowered early...

Hi Mr.K,

Great looking garden...nice job on defoliating, they'll put on weight now.

:bravo:

X-- I popped 2 seeds, 1 OG kush & 1 PE, on 12-27, ubt'd them on 1-30, and flipped them on 2-6, so they only got a week veg after I topped them. 2 different strains and they already are showing completely different shapes, I have not idea what I'll end up with...here's to experimenting. Still waiting to see if they're female

:high-five:

Sighhhhhh....So much I've missed over the last month and a half...But, on a happy note, it looks like you've got things a bit more dialed in, and are about to fill that space of yours!:high-five: Nuggs are lookin nice n fat too!

ANOTHER AWESOME DOCUMENTARY ON MEDICAL CANNABIS!

Thanks for the good words, everyone, and I'll respond to you all individually soon, but wanted to post this right away...

It's a great documentary on some of the latest research into the medical uses of cannabis, including as a possible cure/prevention to cancer.

Although I'm a BIG believer in MMJ, I've always been VERY skeptical when I heard claims of curing cancer, but this research is extremely intruiging and I'm rapidly becoming a convert!

It's a little long, but well worth it and I hope you all enjoy:

Marijuana - Documentary - YouTube

Hey Mr K, I like the twist tie idea to keep the branches in tight. I also use strips of wood (think tongue depressors) with crotches or vees cut in the ends and duct tape to spread branches out when growing large bushes. It helps to get light inside early on and later helps hold up the big buds.

I am running a similar experiment and i feel the two headed clone takes up to much space. She shades the clones next to her, so i have to keep moving her around.

I found the same to be true when I tried to pack the plants in tight. I always had to be careful to position her on a diagonal. So, if you're looking to really pack the SOG for max yield, and plant numbers aren't an issue, I do believe more single cola plants would be better.

Your girls are looking wonderful, keep it up man!:goodjob:

Thanks, Bro! :thanks:

Great looking nugs a couple of pages back, and things in the Krip garden look spectacular as always. I like the UBT idea for Sqwheels's garden. 'Specially with the 12 plant limit - might work nicely if flowered early...

Thank you, my friend! :thanks:

I get the impression you're feeling better, since I'm starting to see you more often, and hope that's the case! :circle-of-love:

I agree, since Sqwheels has some "extra space" in her SOG, the UBT would work out great and produce some very cool-looking 2L plants! :morenutes:

Hi Mr.K,

Great looking garden...nice job on defoliating, they'll put on weight now.

:bravo:

X-- I popped 2 seeds, 1 OG kush & 1 PE, on 12-27, ubt'd them on 1-30, and flipped them on 2-6, so they only got a week veg after I topped them. 2 different strains and they already are showing completely different shapes, I have not idea what I'll end up with...here's to experimenting. Still waiting to see if they're female

:high-five:

Hey, Sqwheels! We were just talking about you! :)

Yup, weight and trichs are-a-coming!

Definately enjoy the experimenting! I've played around quite a bit with various topping methods and it's been quite a learning experience.

I'll soon post some pics of the newest Lucy Bonsai. Her leaves were growing staggered when she was clipped as a clone, but, doing what was essentially a UBT, I was able to get THREE main colas to develop - even with the staggered growth sites! I LST'd her from there, since she's gonna be a mom, but it's nice to know one can get three main colas on a staggered growth clone! :Namaste:

Sighhhhhh....So much I've missed over the last month and a half...But, on a happy note, it looks like you've got things a bit more dialed in, and are about to fill that space of yours!:high-five: Nuggs are lookin nice n fat too!

It's great to see you back, too, Brother! :high-five:

The good news is that, just about everything you missed here, you can catch up and it will be like you haven't missed a thing! I'm sure that's not the case for the other things going on that kept you away for a while.

I am still trying to get the SOG dialed in, but it's definately getting better! I wish I could share some of the buds with you, Bro! They're definately some HIGH quality; and, I'm quite proud of them but there's only one person who knows I grow anywhere near me (he does smoke and I do share with him!), and only one other person that's about 1,500 miles away!

I do have some other friends I share with, I just can't say, "hey, I grew that!"

That's why I love :420: so much! It's a place we can all freely share this hobby of ours!

Hey Mr K, I like the twist tie idea to keep the branches in tight. I also use strips of wood (think tongue depressors) with crotches or vees cut in the ends and duct tape to spread branches out when growing large bushes. It helps to get light inside early on and later helps hold up the big buds.

Thanks, OG! :high-five:

Yeah, I know those bottom branches will produce some good-sized buds, based on the last round, and if I chopped them, there would probably be little-to-no buds on the bottom third, or so, of the plant.

So, to make sure I had room, the twist-tie worked great to bring in the lower side branches enough that it controls the space, but still lets light get to all the buds on the main stalk.

NEW TOYS!!!

OK, first, I got the POTM package in with the NEW :420: Nug Jars and they're AWESOME!!! :adore:

The older nug jars were that "beaker" shape and held about 1/2 pint. The new nug jars are cylindical and hold about a quart! :yahoo:

I'll get some pics of them up soon so you can all see the difference.

Thanks, again, :420:!!!
:thanks:

Also, since I've been saving so much $$$ by growing my own meds, I figured I could invest a little of my savings back into my favorite sport and purchased a new Iolite Portable Vaporizer:

Iolite Full Review - YouTube

Most of you know that vaping is my preferred method of ingestion and I've been using the Arizer Extreme for quite a while now, which I absolutely LOVE :love: and I HIGHLY recommend:

Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer Review - YouTube

I still intend to use the Arizer as the "primary" vape. The reason I purchased the Iolite is that the Arizer is a PITA to move AND I wanted a backup for when power went out.

I typically keep the Arizer plugged-in in my office. The power supply on it is about the same size as you'd have on a laptop. So, anytime there's company, it's a real hassle to unplug it, drag the vape, power supply, whip, and remote (which isn't required, but convenient!), plus the grinder & meds, to another room and then getting set back up.

So, I wanted a unit with some portability.

Also, if/when the power goes out, the temp on the Arizer never gets above room temperature, which makes it impossible to vape, so I wanted something that wasn't dependent on electrical. Because of this, I ruled out Vapes like the Vapir, which is really nice, but relies on a rechargeable battery and when there's no power, there's no re-charging, either.

The Iolite seems to fit the needs well. I have heard of problems with the unit over time with it not igniting, or the butane sputtering. But, I've also read that this can be both avoided and corrected by using HIGH quality butane.

Lower quality butane (like Ronson, for example) has a lot of impurities which can clog the gas lines over time and create problems. Since butane is also a solvent, usually the problems can be corrected by bleeding the gas, and refilling and running some high quality butane through the system (hot and cold) a couple of times.

Anyone with older butane lighters that aren't working might want to pick up some good butane to see if you can bring them back to life! :)

Iolite recommends Vector butane which is refined FIVE times (I've seen 1x, 3x, 4x, 5x, and 7x) to remove impurities, but I managed to find some butane by Newport that's listed as "Extra Purified" and is touted as having ZERO impurities. It's kind of like the R/O of butane! :)

I'll get some pics and post my impressions when it comes in.

Happy Harvests!

K

Congrats on the new vape. We did the same sort of thing for some of the same reasons. Our Silver Surfer (whip style vape) is awesome, but not very portable and a bitch to move around the house for company, etc.

So, we went with the Magic Flight Launch Box, but the Iolite was an option we considered too. I like the portability a lot.

Now, I can vape out on a walk! at the movies! Vape!! Love it - hope you love yours as much or more. Congrats!

Oh, and how can somebody who can't bear a power outage without vaped cannabis, think far enough ahead to be prepared in case of such outage?! NICE! :thumb:

Yep! Vector!!....Grey can if I remember correctly? Good stuff....Always ran clean in my lighters.....Never seen a butane vape before...too cool!

Yeah, I actually bought 6 cans of the Newport. In addition to filling the vape, I figured with zero impurities, it would also be good for making BHO, which I've been hoping to try at some point.

Oh and congratulations on your recent POTM win Brother! Still gotta go check out last month's contests and winners....

Thanks, Bro! :thanks:

Congrats on the new vape. We did the same sort of thing for some of the same reasons. Our Silver Surfer (whip style vape) is awesome, but not very portable and a bitch to move around the house for company, etc.

So, we went with the Magic Flight Launch Box, but the Iolite was an option we considered too. I like the portability a lot.

Now, I can vape out on a walk! at the movies! Vape!! Love it - hope you love yours as much or more. Congrats!

Oh, and how can somebody who can't bear a power outage without vaped cannabis, think far enough ahead to be prepared in case of such outage?! NICE! :thumb:

I've heard great things, also, about the MFLB. I know you're aware of the only negative, which is that the batteries go quick if you leave them in the unit, so best to remove when you're not vaping.

And, I remember you wisely purchased some extra batteries for yours, but, the fact that it used batteries caused me to rule it out as a back-up, since part of what I was looking for was something for power outages that didn't require re-charging.

One advantage of the MFLB over the Iolite is that the MFLB is smaller and has truly silent operation while the Iolite makes a "hissing" sound from the butane. So, the MFLB is a little more stealthy, especially in a quiet room/theater.

Back
Top Bottom