SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow, Easy Ryder & Diesel Ryder

Yea, I've heard lots of good things about CFLs, I just sorta wanted this grow to be LED so I could see the potential. Especially considering I just finished an all CFL grow ;)
I know what you mean. I'd love to see a whole journal with some easy's and diesels with nothing but leds. Im gonna do probably 4 easy ryders with the 180w I will start a journal here when I get everything together til them I'm here watching your grow and other growledhydro grows.:popcorn:

from a business perspective: GrowLEDHydro MUST expand or else it's going to start detrimentally affecting his reputation. I'll agree there is a danger either way, expanding too soon (unable to support overhead costs), and expanding too late (loss of customer base b/c of time to delivery). At this point there's nothing to stop someone like Advanced Nutrients from stealing the last bit of engineering genius from this guys stuff and mass producing it via their factories putting him under.

on a personal note, I can't afford to wait like that, at all. time is money and there's growing to be done. I initially really wanted these lights, but after seeing all this I'm about to just go cheaper and more mainstream. Arguably just as good and zero BS wait time.

This is unbelievable. I would say you should call, demand your money back, and vow to tarnish their name and reputation to everyone you know. I had the same thing happen with a car part from an online store. You would be surprised at what a little complaining can do. Especially if you tell them that you are going to tell everyone who grows to stay away from them.

With the car part, after using this tactic, I had a tracking number in 30 minutes.

Not saying it will definitely work, but you've waited this long so I think it's time to pull out the big guns. You can even let them know you are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Hope everything works out for you!

This is unbelievable. I would say you should call, demand your money back, and vow to tarnish their name and reputation to everyone you know. I had the same thing happen with a car part from an online store. You would be surprised at what a little complaining can do. Especially if you tell them that you are going to tell everyone who grows to stay away from them.

With the car part, after using this tactic, I had a tracking number in 30 minutes.

Not saying it will definitely work, but you've waited this long so I think it's time to pull out the big guns. You can even let them know you are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Hope everything works out for you!

you're completely justified

it's just a modern day business standard. when someone clicks "checkout" on a website they expect the product in the mail within 24 hours and it sitting on their doorstep before the week is out. that's just the bottom line for anyone doing business today. if you can't do this, it doesn't matter what your product is, somebody will fill the void and you will be out of the game.

That's great man. When is it estimated to be delivered? I just order my 180 today, site says 2 week backordered guess I will get it in a couple months haha.

Hopefully it won't come to that!

All in all, it took exactly 7 weeks from when I payed for the lights till when I received the tracking number. Though I have to say I feel like my order just slipped through the cracks and that when I brought it to his attention it was taken care of immediately.

Day 1:

Germinating seeds using the "paper towel" method in a ziplock bag placed in a dresser drawer. Completely dark, mild temperature, no air movement. I've used the paper towel method lots of times but this is the first time with ziplock bags. Read about it somewhere on here, seemed like a good idea so thought I'd give it a try.

When selecting from my current seed stock I picked the best 2 Easy Ryders and the best 2 Diesel Ryders I had. Noticed that out of my 5 Diesel Ryders, only 2 of the seeds looked viable. Looking at the Easy Ryders, all 5 looked very nice.

Though there is nothing in the grow hut I began playing with the fan/filter setup to maximize space on the inside of the hut by moving them out. Now I have the fan on the outside PUSHING air through the filter as opposed to PULLING it through as I was previously. I wasn't sure if this worked but Psyence does this for his setup and says it works fine. I have noticed a reduction in air movement however and may have to go back to the way I had it previously as shown in the pictures and say to hell with the extra space. However, I hope it doesn't come to this as I have a feeling I'll need every inch. I may need to consider LST'ing in addition.

I don't think you will have any problems. Those strains stay pretty short plus all the grows I've seen done with mikes leds stay really short and bushy. The 2 diesel ryders I did with cfl's tallest plant was 16" the other was 12". Looking forward to watching your grow man good luck!

You really should have the fan pulling air out, instead of pushing it in. This helps pull new fresh air into your tent. Plus, this affects air pressure in your tent negatively because the pressure in the tent will be greater with the air pushing in. This increase in pressure can cause higher temps in your tent.

Good luck otherwise!

You really should have the fan pulling air out, instead of pushing it in. This helps pull new fresh air into your tent. Plus, this affects air pressure in your tent negatively because the pressure in the tent will be greater with the air pushing in. This increase in pressure can cause higher temps in your tent.

Good luck otherwise!

Thanks for the input SmokeyMacPots

I realize I wasn't very clear before in how I described it, in both formations I'm exhausting air from the tent creating the pressure for intake.

However, in the formation that removes most of my fan/filter from the tent, I have to have the fan first THEN then filter. Meaning air is pulled through the fan then PUSHED through the filter, which is not very efficient if I understand it correctly.

My first configuration (and the one I'm going to use now that Jackel has me convinced I'll be alright space-wise) is to have the air come through the filter first then to the fan, then out the tent. In this configuration, the fan is pulling the air through the filter and then immediately exhausting it out the back.

If you want to see pictures of the fan/filter inside check out my current pictures of my setup. If you want to see pictures of the fan/filter outside check out my friend Psyence's grow

Thanks for the input SmokeyMacPots

I realize I wasn't very clear before in how I described it, in both formations I'm exhausting air from the tent creating the pressure for intake.

However, in the formation that removes most of my fan/filter from the tent, I have to have the fan first THEN then filter. Meaning air is pulled through the fan then PUSHED through the filter, which is not very efficient if I understand it correctly.

My first configuration (and the one I'm going to use now that Jackel has me convinced I'll be alright space-wise) is to have the air come through the filter first then to the fan, then out the tent. In this configuration, the fan is pulling the air through the filter and then immediately exhausting it out the back.

If you want to see pictures of the fan/filter inside check out my current pictures of my setup. If you want to see pictures of the fan/filter outside check out my friend Psyence's grow

Ooops sorry about the misunderstanding. And yes, you are correct in assuming that pushing the air through the filter is not efficient.

Looks like you've got your ducks all in a row!!

Ooops sorry about the misunderstanding. And yes, you are correct in assuming that pushing the air through the filter is not efficient.

Looks like you've got your ducks all in a row!!

No problem, it was my bad, I did a pretty terrible job of explaining my ventilation :laugh:

Glad to hear you concur. I have my ventilation setup this way now.

Just keep my fingers crossed on space. Between the medium at the bottom, ventilation at the top, height of plants, width of light, and space between light and canopy, its going to be a very tight squeeze. :roorrip:

Day 2:

Just checked the seeds, they look pretty swelled up and there is a slight crack running down the length. Hopefully the tap root will come out soon and I can plant these.

Also, regarding my lights, once again it seems I have been fooled. After receiving the tracking number I was told that my package would be dropped off the next day for shipping. It was not. All that has been done is give my shipping information, nothing more. Pretty much my worst fear realized, thought it would be safe to germinate my seeds considering I had a tracking number :icon_roll

Well, I've learned my lesson anyway.

Wow... so sorry to hear that. You never know, could show up anytime now.

But to focus on solutions, no worries. Should your seeds sprout before the light, maybe a slight change of plans and just throw a few CFLs on them till the real light arrives. I still think sprouts do better under fluorescent than LEDs for the first week.

Bottom line, keep those seed growing. You'll have a great grow, just not the one you planned. (Sounds like life in general)

Back
Top Bottom