Psyence 1st Ebb & Flow of Purple Kush & the Purps 2010

psyence

Indoor Ebb and Flow Hydroponic w/ Fox Farm Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom nutrients in a 30 gallon reservoir using 6" rockwool cubes and a ScrOG

Strains: 16 Purple Kush (left) and 16 of the Purps (right)
Flowering: 2 weeks in
Lights: 400 watt HPS (left) and 400 watt MH (right)
Ventilation: 6" inline intake fan
4"-6" ducting on lights w/ 3 inline fans, 1 being a centrifugal blower
Temperature: Night 62-68
Day 72-78
Humidity: 50-60%
PH: 5.8-6.0
Watering 3 times a day for 15 minutes. No watering 2 hours before bed

IMG_02168.JPG

Purple Kush
IMG_02236.JPG

The Purps
IMG_02259.JPG

Activated Carbon Filter
IMG_02156.JPG

hey guys thanks for the warm welcome.

This morning I discovered Fox Farm's hydroponic feeding schedule and then ordered a 3 pack consisting of Cha Ching, Beastie Bloomz, and Open Sesame. I'll jump on board as soon as they arrive. Also I received a quart of Neem oil (just in case) and a gallon of Advanced Nutrients' Final Phase.

Now on to the plants. The scrog is working wonderfully. Lower shoots with buds have seemed to magically appear and begun their race towards the screen. This is much more predominant on the Purps, which should be expected as they are a hybrid. Also I have a secondary operation in the works. A veg/clone closet I set up has 8 vegging Dream Queen clones and there are 3 of the Purps clones holding their own in their third day of existence. Once the flowering ladies wake up (4:20 pacific) I'll get some photos uploaded.

peace and love

Pictures :yahoo:

Purple Kush
IMG_02396.JPG

IMG_023313.JPG

IMG_023610.JPG

The Purps
IMG_023214.JPG

IMG_023110.JPG

IMG_023813.JPG

IMG_02359.JPG

Should I be looping the tops back through the screen, or does it matter?

there isn't enough of a difference to necessitate any pictures today, however I'm still busy as ever. I am currently refilling the reservoir and I'm going to be following the Fox Farm feeding schedule found here. I'm jumping in at week 7 and I'm awaiting delivery on the solubles, so as soon as those arrive I'll add them to the tank. It's a painfully slow process b/c I'm using a slower than average Pur filter. I'm hoping to get a reverse osmosis machine along with other upgrades, including LED lights from GrowLEDHydro.com at the end of this first harvest.
:roorrip:

I was looking at the carbon filter installation. Is air being pushed or pulled through it? For best efficiencies from fan technologies, you will want to have your fan pull air through the filter, in through the fan, then outside the room. Fans have difficulty increasing static pressure but do well in vacating air from an enclosed space.

Yes it is being pushed through but that filter is designed to be used that way. I guess you could mount it inside the tent and draw out the air, but I have the exhaust ducting hooked up to the lights. The way I have it hasn't caused me any problems. I have an inline fan mounted right on it, a centrifugal blower farther back, and another inline before that. The grow hut has negative air pressure so the sides are being sucked in. The open vents on the HPS light feel like a vacuum cleaner when you put your hand on them. Also the weather where I am is beautiful and perfect, usually 70-73 degrees w/ 50-55% humidity in my place and the tent sealed up only gets at maximum 4 degrees higher than the room.

Yes it is being pushed through but that filter is designed to be used that way. I guess you could mount it inside the tent and draw out the air, but I have the exhaust ducting hooked up to the lights. The way I have it hasn't caused me any problems. I have an inline fan mounted right on it, a centrifugal blower farther back, and another inline before that. The grow hut has negative air pressure so the sides are being sucked in. The open vents on the HPS light feel like a vacuum cleaner when you put your hand on them. Also the weather where I am is beautiful and perfect, usually 70-73 degrees w/ 50-55% humidity in my place and the tent sealed up only gets at maximum 4 degrees higher than the room.

Well that's evidence enough for me! Those are great for micro grows where space is at such a premium. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Today's Update

So it's been 2 days since I changed the reservoir and there is already some kind of organism trying to dwell there (see picture). I have the water timer set to go off 5 minutes after the plants wake up so I have time to balance the pH and that's when I saw the slimy things. Anybody happen to know what they are?

As far as the plants go, everything is right as rain with the gals. I decided to very gently tuck the main stem of the purps back through the scrog. Let me know what you think.

enjoy the pics ;)

Pictures
here's the amoeba:
IMG_026210.JPG

overall purple kush shot:
IMG_02697.JPG

overall purps shot:
IMG_026413.JPG

closeup of today's scrogging:
IMG_02659.JPG

Are you recirculating your flood tray? My guess is you could have growth somewhere up in the tray and cubes area where there is light and shaded light coming down. When the flood ebbs away, some bits of the growth get carried back to the res. If this is the case, then its a good reason to consider a drain to waste system instead using drip lines to the cubes. Your res will stay clean for sure then. :goodluck:

I'm ebbing it up and letting it flow through the over flow for a few minutes before cutting it off. I bet its some funk that has been building up on the bottom of the cubes. You think it'll be harmless if I leave it till next week? Or do you think this might pose a problem and I should eradicate it sooner rather than later?

Nice to see you SoilGuy, I look forward to following your LED grow and I hope you're enjoying mine while you wait to kick yours into gear.

I'm ebbing it up and letting it flow through the over flow for a few minutes before cutting it off. I bet its some funk that has been building up on the bottom of the cubes. You think it'll be harmless if I leave it till next week? Or do you think this might pose a problem and I should eradicate it sooner rather than later?

Nice to see you SoilGuy, I look forward to following your LED grow and I hope you're enjoying mine while you wait to kick yours into gear.

My feeling is that you will be fine. Worst is that you re-pump the material back to where it came from so how can that be bad? If you exchange nutrients within 2 weeks in your res, my guess is that you'll be fine. I always had some stuff in my res when doing my ebb n flow without issue. Just ensure that inside of the res stays dark so growth does not continue there.

I deliberately delayed uploading pictures for this long so that there would hopefully be noticeable differences. Let me know what you think.

The Purps

IMG_02908.JPG

IMG_02867.JPG

if you notice on the pic below a lot of leaves only consist of 3 fragments. I did some searching online and the only thing I can conclude is that it is part of the purps shadowy genetic lineage
IMG_02854.JPG

IMG_02894.JPG

Purple Kush

IMG_02806.JPG

IMG_02846.JPG

IMG_02817.JPG

Right on. How has the quality of your reservoir fluid been looking lately? Were you able to fix the "floaties" you discovered in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom