Psyence 1st Ebb & Flow of Purple Kush & the Purps 2010

I was supposed to change out the reservoir yesterday, but things came up so I'll be doing that today as soon as the ladies wake up. Ugh work. Gotta flush with Final Phase, then refill again with the nutes for the week. So far there haven't been any problems with the floaties, they've settled on the bottom to create a nice layer of scum. This will be cleaned out when change the res today. Also should I be concerned with the tops of my rockwool cubes looking a bit funky?

IMG_02914.JPG

Hard to tell in the HPS light but RW cubes do support other growth when they are constantly wet with nutrient dense water and light is present.

hey everyone, I must apologize I've been out of commission recently and haven't had the energy to update the journal. I'm happy to say I'm feeling great and as soon as they wake up I'll update with pictures and full details of what's been going on.

I have already updated the journal for the perpetual harvest and all issues with the name have been sorted out so the link below in my signature is the final version.

Update
:morenutes:
The plants are doing great! the Purple Kush is chunking up nicely - much more so than the Purps, which is to be expected given her 60/40 sativa/indica ratio and the fact that they are under a metal halide. I intend on switching the bulbs over later this week or the beginning of next to allow for more balanced development. The Fox Farm solubles arrived and they will feed from an identicle mixture until the week of flushing. The Purps may need more time, but the Purple Kush maturing earlier will cause the reservoir to be flushed for a week. This shouldn't do any damage to the Purps as long as I resume the schedule afterward correct?

Pictures

Purple Kush

IMG_03384.JPG
IMG_03394.JPG
IMG_03406.JPG
IMG_03413.JPG

a lil nug that fell off and I let sit in the dark for 2 days

IMG_03106.JPG

IMG_03236.JPG

The Purps

IMG_03425.JPG
IMG_03455.JPG

it looks like there is a problem with the Purple Kush leaves. check the pictures below and let me know what you think I should do.

also in the last two pictures you can see that some hairs have turned amber. the trichomes still look clear to the naked eye so that's some good news. should I be preparing for a final week of flushing soon?

IMG_03468.JPG

IMG_03474.JPG

IMG_03486.JPG

IMG_03494.JPG

IMG_03503.JPG

IMG_03516.JPG

Check the thread in my sig to what looks closest to you but the pitting almost looks like calcium but maybe a pest at the same time not really sure anyone else chime in?

SG

I'm asking around concerning the leaf issue. Hang in there. Not much that I can think of to do this late into the grow. Possibly water and Clearex to get out some of the built up salts in the cubes would help. I haven't worked with the cubes so I'm not 100% sure what products can be used with them.

I flushed with Advanced Nutrients' Final Phase for 2 days between a reservoir change 2 weeks ago. hmmm I guess I'll flush tomorrow and reduce the amount of nutrients by 10-20%. it would make sense that the plants aren't big enough to necessitate the full strength feeding schedule

I found the older Fox Farm Feeding Schedule that came with the solubles pack and it lists lower amounts of the base nutrients so I'm switching to that one. I'll hold off on doing a flush b/c the Purple Kush looks like she's almost ready. I figure one more week of nutes then a week of Final Phase and it'll be time to harvest. The Purps might require more time however. For that reason I'll probably add lower amounts of nutrients to the mixture after the Kush harvest and let it go another week for the Purps. Then one week of just Final Phase and it should be time to harvest the Purps. Hope that was clear enough to comprehend lol.

:roorrip:

Purple Kush
Grow02.jpg

Grow03.jpg

Grow04.jpg

The Purps
Grow05.jpg
Grow06.jpg
Grow07.jpg
Grow08.jpg
Grow09.jpg
Grow101.jpg

Update!
The ladies are looking fantastic! Purple kush's trichomes look like they are 50% milky so it seems everything is right on schedule. They are also dense like rocks! 1 more week of nutrients and then a week of flush wooohoooo :surf:

Enjoy the pics :Rasta:

Purple Kush
IMG_04629.JPG
IMG_04634.JPG
IMG_04647.JPG
IMG_04674.JPG

The Purps
IMG_04667.JPG
IMG_04655.JPG

With the yellowing of the leaves showing, I'm not sure you will need a long flush. Better to harvest when the trichs are right rather than waiting for a flush period to finish. They look just about ready. :goodjob:

harvest next saturday :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom