Farside05's 2nd Auto Grow Journal - Multiple Strains

:thumb: Going big time on us with all them lights hey Far..

Trying to keep up with the Smoker's. Next thing you know I'll be building a SCROG setup. Just need some more time and experience getting a good feeding schedule down. Some day I'll have to get you to try a few autos to see what you can do with them.

Day 21 Trainwrecks and Ice Cool/Day 12 Critical +

Good news is the nute burn hasn't progressed anymore on the Ice Cool, but did fry a couple leaves. Ladies were ready for another drink. Older plants got 1/8 tsp Foliage Pro, 1/2 tsp Pro-Tekt, 1/8 tsp Mag Pro. Critical + got 1/8 tsp Foliage Pro, 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt, and 1/2 tsp K-L-N. It's a pain in the ass mixing 2 different batches of food because they are different ages. Frankly I think I could have 3 different batches going, one for each strain of plant. Looks like the Trainwrecks can take a little more than the sensitive Ice Cool. Maybe I'll post a pic later. It's just about lights out for them and they were a little droopy from needing a drink. They weren't at their most photogenic. The Ice Cool could probably benefit from some ponytailing so that may happen in 6 hours when the lights come back on. I'm sue that would be more effective if she was directly under her own light instead of sharing one with the Critical +. Come on new LED's, get here.

Camo, if you want to clean up your signature, try this.

URL="Camo's 1st Grow - Coco - LED - Lucas Autos - Poll Of Strain To Grow"]Camo's 1st grow! Coco, LED's, Various Autos - In Progress[/URL

Copy and paste what's above into your signature but put a [ at the beginning before URL="https:, and put a ] at the end after [/URL

That will make it where your link is your text instead of having it out front before your text.

It should come out looking like this:

Camo's 1st grow! Coco, LED's, Various Autos - In Progress

Day 22/Day 13

Last night the Ice Cool got her 1st day of ponytailing. Tied her up and dropped the LED over her down to 12" for 6 hours. Looking back at my last journal, my plants were much bigger at this stage last time. Hopefully the difference is because they have spent more of their energy up to this point putting on a good root system. We'll have a good handle on that in a couple weeks. Here's some current pics. They were sleepy and look a little droopy. When the lights were on last night they were all standing at attention.

Ice Cool getting ponytailed
ponytail.jpg

Group Photo
group169.jpg

Critical + Day 13
critical_11.jpg

Ice Cool Day 22
icecool.jpg

Trainwreck 1 Day 22
trainwreck_13.jpg

Trainwreck 2 Day 22
trainwreck_22.jpg

Ice Cool got ponytailed again this AM. Went to untie her about 15 minutes after lights out and the Trainwrecks were all droopy. They were standing straight out when the lights were on. They sure do get sad fast when the bulbs go dark.

Hey farside thank you for that post!! I got my signature iced up and looking good now thanks to you! Hey your girls look great! I feel like mine are so small myself I'm banking on it being the taproot to the bottom of the big 5 gallon bucket. We shall see, my best plant is the white widow. I'm anxious to see how the ice cool turns out for you. Great looking plants, only 2 more weeks and I an start my ponytailing

Day 24/15

Ice Cool has been ponytailed 3 times now. 1st time for 6 hours, next two for 4 1/2 hours. You can see the development in the undergrowth. Ladies got another drink. Upped the amount of food again. Lets see how the Ice Cool takes it this time now that she's a little older. PPM's are at 350ish which shouldn't be enough to burn anything. 1/2 tsp Foliage Pro, 1/2 tsp Pro-Tekt, base tap water is 144 PPM. PH'd to 6.0. Plan is to continue feeding the girls this mix on a feed, feed, water rotation until blooming, unless they tell me otherwise. The Critical isn't on this schedule yet since she's young.

Group
Group170.JPG

Trainwreck 1
Trainwreck_14.JPG

Trainwreck 2
Trainwreck_23.JPG

Critical +
Critical_12.JPG

Ice Cool
Ice_Cool.JPG

Ponytail Results
Ponytail_Results.JPG

Hey farside thank you for that post!! I got my signature iced up and looking good now thanks to you!

Glad I could help. May be a novice when it comes to growing, but I'm pretty good when it comes to forums. I've had my own for over 15 years and can modify php code quite well.

Houston, we have lift off! The Trainwrecks seem to be loving the drink they had last night with the upped nutes and have taken off. You can see the more sativa dominant genetics in their leaves. They are much longer and slender than the Ice Cool.

I've done a bunch of reading over the last 2 days and now have a new goal for this grow. Supposedly I can super simplify my feeding schedule and go start to finish with just 3 products and spend a whopping $1.25 per plant on nutes per grow. Challenge accepted! From here on out I will only be using:

Foliage-Pro (1 part fertilizer)
Pro-Tekt (Silicon Supplement)
PH Down

Growing in Promix HP + 20% Perlite, 6.0 target PH

Its my understanding that if you are using RO water that you have to add another product (Mag-Pro), which I have, but will not use since I am using 144 PPM tap water.

You ever get your lights in Far?

Not yet. They are coming from the west coast and with the holiday last week it delayed things. Will be here Friday at the latest. Can't wait to get each plant directly under their own light.

I use a 3 part too, just lucas formula with silica and calmag.

The Dyna Fro Folige Pro is 1 part (one bottle fertilizer) no mixing of three parts, and it has calcium any magnesium in it too. So instead of having 3 parts of fertilizer to mix and adding cal mag, it replaces 4 bottles. Also not supposed to need bloom boosters. Super concentrated stuff. An 8 oz bottle is enough to go start to finish for about 20 plants and only costs $7.50. I will use Pro-Tekt (silicon supplenent) along with the Foliage Pro. Actually you add the Pro-Tekt to the water 1st per directions, then the Folige Pro, then correct ph.

I think where things went south on my last grow was not watering to the point of run off and getting salt buildup in my medium which caused nute lockout.

Yes I don't water till runoff as a seedling, but I'm also feeding nothing but water the first 10 to 14 days. Then the 1st feed is very low amount of nutes, so I'm not worried about any build up from it if I don't water till runoff. But after that, as I'm getting to full strength for vegetative growth, I'm going to water till runoff. I did not do that on my last grow and feel it caused salt buildup and nute lockout.

Back
Top Bottom