Farside05's 2nd Auto Grow Journal - Multiple Strains

Ok ok I understand. I'm approaching 10 days old for mine young kings and I'm watering 1/4 gal per plant or about 1L. And in the big 5 gallon buckets the coco just soaks it all up. I have no runoff what so ever

In that respect my ProMix is similar. I was watering with 1.25 liters per watering around the base of my ladies at that age to keep things moist. By the time I got to my 1st full strength feed, the rest of the media (towards the edges of the pot) was getting fairly dry from their initial soaking, so it took way more than a liter a piece to rewet everything to the point of having any runoff.

Yes sir, that is samething going on with my coco. The outer edges got dried out and so now I'm resoaking the coco with a extra liter. Hopefully I'll start to water more and see some runoff. Although I have some nute burn on one of my little ladies :( but I flushed her and gave her a feeding

To thoroughly re-wet everything and get runoff it took close to 3/4 gallon per container in my 3 gallon fabric pots. Your 5 gallons may take around a gallon then. Of course once its good and moist again it shouldn't take that much water each time to get runoff. Beginning to think that I was letting mine dry out a bit too much between waterings. My plants are responding better now that I'm giving them larger quantities of liquid and keeping them moister than I was before.

My new LED's should be in later today. I'll post up some pics after I get them installed. I've been waiting on them to LST the Ice Cool and begin ponytailing the Trainwrecks. It will be a busy day in the tent, but I don't mind.

Day 28/19

And the Mars LED gods said, "Let there be light", and there was light, and growth was good!

My 2 new Mars 300 LED's all hooked up. Tent floor wiped up while I was in the process. Everything orderly and ready for some serious growing. Now that every lady has their own light, tonight Ice Cool will get LST'd and the 2 Trainwrecks will get their 1st dose of ponytailing.

2nd51.JPG

Day 28/19

Girls got some light bondage tonight. Looking at the Trainwrecks I think I missed the optimal time to ponytail them. Just couldn't do it earlier because I didn't have light coverage, so I just ended up LST'ing them along with the Ice Cool. You can see the difference in the undergrowth of the Ice Cool in the pics from the 4 days of ponytailing she received. She could end up being a shrub. You can also see the couple burnt leaves on her from her 1st feed also, but she's recovered nicely and is doing fine.

Trainwreck 1

2nd61.JPG

Trainwreck 2

2nd71.JPG

Critical +

2nd81.JPG

Ice Cool

2nd9.JPG

Day 29/20

Trainwreck 1 had already turned and straightened back up after only 4 hours when I checked on them in the middle of the night, At 6 AM the dog woke be up and I went to look at them again. Because they didn't remain bent over for a longer period of time, I ponytailed bout Trainwrecks for 6 hours in addition to their LST. They may also need another drink later this afternoon. Critical + was a bit droopy this AM even though her pot is still relatively heavy. She may just be tired after working hard on growing all night. You can see a marked difference already by having the extra lighting. Now that they have their own I dropped them down to 12" from the tops. Might need to back them off a bit but I wanted it pretty intense when I was doing the LST/ponytailing.

Day 30/21

Everyone is doing well and responding to training. You can see some additional breaks that should make more tops. Maintained the level of nutes for the Trainwrecks, upped the Critical + to same as Trainwrecks, and scaled back on the Ice Cool. She just seems to have a more sensitive stomach. Next feed I will probably up the Trainwrecks. Current feeding level for Trainwrecks and Critical + is .71 EC. Feeding level for Ice Cool this feed was .53.

Trainwreck 1
Trainwreck_15.JPG

Trainwreck 2
Trainwreck_24.JPG

Ice Cool
Ice_Cool1.JPG

Critical +
Critical_13.JPG

Group
Group172.JPG

Looking good farside! I got that same tent and a couple auto seeds coming in the mail so I'm definitely following your progress. Good luck man!

Welcome to the party Stoney. Have you decided on lights, growing medium, containers, and line of nutrients yet? If I were starting fresh I would have just gotten the Promix and left out the extra perlite (saved the $20). Would have gotten all my lights from Mars Hydro off ebay rather than buying 2 of them through Amazon ($50 savings). Wouldn't have bought the Mag-Pro, Bloom, or K-L-N nutes (another $28). Would just be running Foliage-Pro and Pro-Tekt start to finish.

Day 34/25

Ladies got a drink yesterday. Upped the feed to 3/4 tsp Foliage Pro and 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt (.82 EC) on the Trainwrecks and 5/8 tsp Foliage Pro and 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt (.78 EC) on the Ice Cool and Critical +. I should change the title of this grow to 3 pretty ladies and one ugly duckling. Trainwreck 2, Ice Cool, and Critical + all responded well to training while Trainwreck 1 doesn't want to bush out much, all she wants to do is stretch. I keep bending her ass around to try to keep her from going straight to the sky. She is ahead of the others trying to preflower while the other 3 are adding leafs and getting fat. Like Queen sang "fat bottomed girls you make my rockin' world go round". Here 's some pics. Been ponytailing Critical + every morning this week and the undergrowth increased. tonight at lights on I bent her over and tied her off.

Trainwreck 1
sec_Trainwreck_1.JPG

Trainwreck 2
sec_Trainwreck_2.JPG

Ice Cool
sec_Ice_Cool.JPG

Critical
sec_Critical_.JPG

Dudeeee very very nice training and leaf tucking, I can see all the little sights underneath coming up thru the growth, maybe I am training too soon. My girls are 18 days old and I've ponytailed twice and today I started lst with pulling the top cola over! Great plants, great work, and as always great being in your journal farside ! Thank you for having me ;)

Everyone was thirsty again today. That's 2L of water every other day. Fed them all 3/4 tsp of Foliage Pro and 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt. Plan on staying at that level from here on out unless they show some sort of deficiency. The older plants were kind of Guinea Pigs. The feed schedule I use for Critical + was, starting at about day 10, 1/8 tsp Foliage Pro 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt. Every feeding I increased the Foliage Pro by 1/8 tsp and kept the Pro-Tekt the same at 1/4 tsp per gallon. I did that all the way up to the 3/4 tsp level. Of course when she was younger, feeds were less frequent since she wasn't drinking as much. So maybe it was 4 days apart, then 3, now I'm down to 2 days apart. She's seemed to grow quicker than the older 3. Could be the difference in strain, but I think it had to do with me upping the feeding levels on her at a bit quicker pace.

...maybe I am training too soon. My girls are 18 days old and I've ponytailed twice and today I started lst with pulling the top cola over!

You're probably right on pace. I was a little later than I would have liked since I was waiting on the other 2 LED's before I started. It took a while for them to get here since I ordered them over the New Year holiday. If you wait too long to start, the main stem starts to get too thick and its harder to bend. Your girls are a week behind my youngest. That means we'll probably be competing against each other for Plant of the Month. Hoping like hell we both have plants worth of entry that is.

Day 38/29

Fed again today at the 3/4 tsp Foliage Pro and 1/4 tsp Pro-Tekt level (.82 EC). Trainwreck 2 continues to lead the charge. She keeps getting fatter and a little taller but doesn't seem concerned about pre-flowering. Looks like she's be the last to finish but should yield nicely. Trainwreck 1 is still a spindly little plant. She got all the same attention and feed as her sister, just has to be genetics as she has not responded in the same way. Ice Cool just seems to have stalled out. Haven't noticed much growth over the last week and its not like I see a big change in pre-flowers either. Critical+ looks a little gangly at the moment. Her undergrowth from the ponytail training has its way from under the bigger fan leaves and is turning up towards the light. Should make more colas and a nice even top in the end, but right now she's at an awkward stage.

Trainwreck 1
sec_Trainwreck_11.JPG

Trainwreck 2
sec_Trainwreck_21.JPG

Trainwrecks
sec_Trainwrecks.JPG

Critical +
sec_Critical_1.JPG

Ice Cool
sec_Ice_Cool1.JPG

Group
sec_Group.JPG

Thanks Smoker. The Critical's pistels actually have a slight pinkish cast to them, and that's in regular lighting, not just my LEDs.

Fed the girls yesterday, and today Trainwreck 2 was dry again. She drank over 2 liters of water in a day. Took 3 liters to get her good and wet again (no one else needed watered). She's an amazingly bushy girl. Would love to have a whole tent full of her. She finally looks to be starting to pre-flower. I may start bowl training her. She could use some help getting her lower branches out from under some of the mammoth fan leaves at the top that won't tuck well. Critical + continues to grow at a rapid rate. She has a much more open structure and isn't nearly as bushy as Trainwreck 2 or Ice Cool. On the plus side, all her branches have grown out well to the sides before starting upward. They don't have anything blocking them from the light. Trainwreck 1 and Ice Cool don't impress me much. I changed up what they were being fed yesterday to see if I could get them to do something since both seem stalled out. I cut 1/4 tsp of Foliage Pro and added 1/4 tsp of Mag Pro. I'll try that for a week or so and see if there is any difference.

Back
Top Bottom