Solving limited circuits - Limited power for room

cnile

i am begining to think about something other than high pressure sodium and metal halide because i have discovered there is only like 1 cicuit where i am of 120v/15a.

has anyone used an led in place of a 150 watt metal halide for mothers? how did that work? how many plants could you fit under it? is the price worth it at all.

has anyone used only t5 lights for veg rather than 600w metal halide? how did that compare? is the offset from electricity and heat worth using the t5's? do they grow close to as fast?

think of any other ways for me to easily get around having only one circuit to the room? I can pull from nearby rooms, which i will probably have to do no matter what route i take, but maybe you guys have some simple ideas? i was thinking of making the one circuit a 240v for the lights but the lighting for the room is on the 1 120v and i will also need 120 in the room anyway so.. wouldn't solve much.

thanks

Stack two of your 120 circuits and put in a 80amp 240 breaker. Then run heavy guage to a subpanel for the room with a couple 20amp 240v and some 20amp 120v breakers.
20161112_230828-1.jpg

I wish it could be that easy. my main panel is downstairs in the laundry room far from where i need the power. Of course this is still an option but i cant open 6 walls to run wire so im not so sure this will work.

thanks. unless u got an idea for that. i need the power upstairs in the two story house on the other end of the house.

so if you guys are doing this yourselves who insures the home if it burns down? have you spoken with insurance companies regarding it or seen it happen?

im under the impression licensing bonding and insuring needs to happen from a contractor?

and permits through the state

Permits....lol. If you install components that meet code, and install them correctly, you'll have no issues. You'll actually find that your new electrical work is less sketchy than the existing stuff you've been using all these years, in my experience. Keep your load at 80% or less, use new components and you'll be golden.

ok thanks guys. i guess there really is not much other way around it. im not spending $1600 each on leds just do have to do this eventually anyway. thanks for all the ideas. i probably will cut in a sub pannel next to the one downstairs and run 10ga 30 amp up the wall, through the floor in the wall, through the topplate in the wall into the attic. then accross the house in the attic, drill through topplate into wall, feed wire down and cut in boxes for added recepticles.

probably will add a couple 240v and a couple 120v circuits at least, i may pull more wire and leave it in the attic for future expansion.

sounds expensive but ive done it all before im actually damn close to being able to apply for my state electrical residental licence. so yey.

Back
Top Bottom