Some type of bug in my reservoir! With Pics! Help!

HunterHunt

Ok guys so i have a journal going and ask it on there but wanted to post it here also so maybe i can get some quicker responses and maybe help someone out if they have the same problem! DWC Hydro and these are in my reservoir!

PEST:
Very small!
On the side of my reservoir
Saw a ball of them on top of the water.
long slinder black body
Craws slowly
Nothing flying anywhere.

Ive heard gnats were white larva with black heads.. these are solid black.

These pics are under 30x mag... you can see the fibers in the paper these guys are so small..
:thanks:

abc1.png

abc2.png

abc3.png

abc4.png

abc5.png

abc6.png

abc7.png

looks like these? The pest part of this link is about 2/3 of the way down.

1134fungas-gnat1.jpg

Yes until they want out and can't fly yet. Check out other places around you where they live. Or just put out a container with water and watch them go thru a life cyle. I have spider mites,concider yourself lucky that you don't have this problem. JIM Eugene,Or.

Yea i just dont want these things affecting my plant... It cant be good for them to be in my reservoir. Im trying Peroxide right now... Going to run it for a few days then switch back to my beneficiary bacteria (aquashield)

Got a better look at these little guys... They have 2 little antennas about the size of 1/4 there body. They are a lighter color with darker heads. bought some mosquito dunks and put 1/2 of one in reservoir

god...... i hope this isnt next on my list of problems :((((( - good luck nitro!

These are Maggots. Maggots are small white insects that look similar to inchworms but are actually fly larvae. Maggot infestations occur when a fly gets into a certain area and lays eggs. Try the methods below to get rid
Using Boiling Water.
Vinegar, mint oil, eucalyptus, and bay leaves may all be effective natural solutions for repelling flies.
Purchase an insecticide that contains permethrin, cypermethrin, or a carbamate.

Back
Top Bottom