Strain - Birthday Cake Kush 50/50 Indica
28 days in flowering
Indoor, tent - 1.5 X 2.5 X 3
Soil
300W LED
RH - 84%
Temp - 81F
Will be using Fox Farms; Big Bloom & Grow Big

Roots are below the floor of tent. Hoping to maximize on the space.

Using the 300W LED now (had CFL in the tent before last night/first 4 wks of veg).

I will be using the 18/6 light schedule. Don’t want to run it 24hrs.

Just had our first 6 hours of darkness.

Temps are showing 76.8 F on the soil and 79 F back in right corner.
RH is 72% on the soil and 49% back in the right corner.
I may place these meters in different places to get different readingings.

Here are some photos after lights coming back on.

Watered the plant tonight. Had Big Bloom and Grow Big. Solution was only 165ppm, hope that’s good. I thought I read around 400ppm. Or are those numbers only concerning for hydroponics?

Put the LED in the hood to lower the temps. Only lost about an inch in between light and hood. So light is about 18” above plant now.

812CC47C-4F0A-4B5B-883B-64B76FFDD7F8.jpeg

Getting a little warm with that LED.
A little warm friend. I’d try super hard to keep it under 85.
I believe the whole ppm applies to hydroponics. If you go to FF website, they have a feed schedule for soil. Watch and check your PH.
Your doing good, she is green and alive. I’ve wanted to try birthday cake...
:thumb:

A little warm friend. I’d try super hard to keep it under 85.
I believe the whole ppm applies to hydroponics. If you go to FF website, they have a feed schedule for soil. Watch and check your PH.
Your doing good, she is green and alive. I’ve wanted to try birthday cake...
:thumb:

Thank you!

I have put the light in a hood with the exhaust hooked up, to bring the temp down. Should change significantly, if it hasn’t already.

Things are looking good so far if I could give you any advice I would remove those leaves that are touching the soil it will help prevent any pests and be beneficial for the plant. Like said above check your feed schedule for your nutrients if you stick with that you should be good:goodluck:

Things are looking good so far if I could give you any advice I would remove those leaves that are touching the soil it will help prevent any pests and be beneficial for the plant. Like said above check your feed schedule for your nutrients if you stick with that you should be good:goodluck:

Thanks for the advice. I have removed those leaves.

In the future I’d leave your leaves alone. She needs them right now. She’s not really big enough to start removing. I’d move that light a little closer and see if you can get a little more growth going. Your lighting looks weak. Watch for signs of it being to close or it’s starting to cook.
Was this a clone or a seed?

In the future I’d leave your leaves alone. She needs them right now. She’s not really big enough to start removing. I’d move that light a little closer and see if you can get a little more growth going. Your lighting looks weak. Watch for signs of it being to close or it’s starting to cook.
Was this a clone or a seed?

It is only a 300W LED. It’s at about 18” above the plant right now. I keep it in a hood to use the exhaust to control the temp.

This plant is from seed.

A friend of mine got a new light and asked me to run some testing with it.

It is a new quantum board light.

These pictures were taken with it only having 85W pushing through it.
After lights come back on in a while, I am gonna push it up to 120W and start checking what it’s doing to temperatures inside the tent.
I have since added some small fans to help with the heat at the light.

Some notes for tonight and the light:

Cranked up to 140W from 89W
Diode surface temp was: 156F - 160F
Heatsink temp was: 86F - 90F
At Plant Base: 85F
At Plant Top: 88F

After about 10min at 140W
Diodes surface temp was: 168F - 184F
Heatsink temp was: 98F - 115F
At Plant Base: 87.6F
At Plant Top: 91F

Opened Top of Tent & Lower Left Window
Turned up exhaust to 10%
Raised exhaust closer to light

After about 10min
Diode surface temp was: 144F - 157F
Heatsink temp was: 106F - 111F
At Plant Base: 88.5F
At Plant Top: 90F

Opened Lower Right Window and Rear window

After about 15min
Diode surface temp was: 158F - 180F
Heatsink temp was: 101F - 112F
At Plant Base: 87.9F
At Plant Top: 90F

Lowered driver to 119.7W

30min later, dropped to 117.6W
Diode surface temp was: 146F - 163F
Heatsink temp was: 102F - 110F
At Plant Base: 87F
At Plant Top: 88F

30min later, was down to 117.2W
No change in temp at Plant Base or Top

Lowered wattage to 100.8W

30min later, holding 100.8W
At Plant Base: still 88F

I turned exhaust fan up, higher than I ever have, to 100%. I think because I have the windows open, I am not having the usual issue I have with exhaust. With windows closed, anything over 10% is sucking the walls in.

45min later, holding 100.8W
Diode surface temp was: 115F - 153F
Heatsink temp was: 94F - 102F
At Plant Base: 84F
At Plant Top: 84F

Glad to see the temp drop a bit. Gonna crash out for the night and see how it’s going in the morning.

Not entirely sure of your ventilation set up.

With my tent I'm drawing air passively from the bottom inake ports on the bottom of my tent and keep them held open with a bit of 4 inch ducting.

To exhaust I have a 4 inch exhaust fan mounted to the roof of the tent and have it ducted out of the room that my tent is in so I don't have warm air building up in the room I'm drawing my fresh air from.

You want the sides of the tent to be sucked in it creates negative pressure and allows the fresh air to be draw into the tent and the used air to be pulled out you want an constant exchange of air in the tent.

Your temps are a little high if you can get them down you will be in good shape

Back
Top Bottom