Starting new grow

Lights, if you want the best off the shelf, then the Chilled Growcraft Ultra 600w.
Damn nice light, ridiculously expensive.
Then there's a bunch like Mars Hydro, Spider Farmer, Budget, Atrium, that are very good lights using Samsung LM301B diodes for about 1/4th the cost.
Or you could of course build your own which is easy to do but doesn't seem to be most people's cup 0 tea.
Would be a slight cost savings over the lower end lights and could build to fit.

Main thing you're looking for is Samsung LM301B diodes, a good photo red diode like a Cree XP-G3 Photored or an Osram, and a good strip of far red diodes, doesn't have to be part of the main light could be a separate strip and Meanwell driver.
As long as it has the quality parts then where it comes from does matter much just get whats on sale.
I would suggest a strip light configuration though.

Thanks for the shout out @Ljb1

Welcome to the forum @Thegingaling .
For the light, it's a lot to do with budget. You will be looking around 500 to 600 Watts actuaI draw,i would say for a 4x4.
And go for Mylar. I had white plastic walls at the beginning and yes it reflects the light well, but too well. I had constant headaches when I went in the room, as the reflected light was blindingly bright..I would stick with the sponsors, as has been previously mentioned. You know you are buying from a reputable company then.. Do not get fooled by the cheap amazonian lights, they are not what they say they are.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom